Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Good job dude.

You might have been better off if you had slottedDispel instead of Diaga, so you could get rid of his Haste at the end. You didn't get much DPS from Diaga anyway, with all the healing required.

You just inspired me to do a CM attempt BTW

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, got the CM on my third attempt. Might have even gotten him on my first try, but I forgot to refresh Protectga, and it wore off while I already had attacks queued that were going to trigger Light of the Four.

I got lucky RNG, tho, in that my Protectga caster had a nearly-full ATB gauge at the beginning of both my first and third attempts. Second attempt was quick -- My Bartz got killed by Ranger Quad on NPC Bartz' second round.

My setup:

2h6h9fm.png

Shout RW

Unique RWs were Repentance on Gilgamesh (three hit SB with self protect/shell/haste which was irrelevant) and Kindred Spirit on Faris (her old -DEF/RES SB). Had shared Medicas on both Lenna and Exdeath, as well as an old rez SB on Lenna that I didn't need but might have prevented a S/L if I had been less RNG lucky. No SB for my Bartz but his default Shield Bash was decent damage after he ran out of ability charges.

That Faris SB ended up being clutch, I think... Just about everyone was out of ability uses at the end, if the fight had gone even a couple turns longer idk if I would have won. Tho maybe I should have brought Armor Break instead of R2 Saint Cross.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cleared it with S/L and no special gear, turns out he does shit for damage with mitigation up, it's just those first few turns. Now for CM...

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Any suggestions on where to start and what to do first? Tons of old dungeons for stamina if I go there, or farm some of these recurring things? I assume getting the 65/80 unlocks is top priority? Mote dungeon?

What abilities/spells are must-haves now? Any particular item I should aim for? I wanted Gilg's weapon but struck out. If it is possible to farm and unlock one person with generic motes, is there an all around top-notch? I'd probably drop it on Paladin Cecil and/or Terra if left to decide on my own. Assuming that's even how it works - I really don't think I totally get some of the new shit.

IMO the best thing to can do is complete the events as far as you can do, then do dungeons until you get a healthy amount of Stamina. At some point we'll get another Orb Festival - you should use your saved up mythril to refill and farm those like mad - they give Orbs, Gold and Exp all in one bundle. That'll allow you to hone the important abilities - start of with the 3* breaks (weapon/magic/armor/mind). move on to their 4* breakdown counterparts. Mitigation is the key at higher levels, so protectga//shellga and full break would go a long way as well.

i'd ignore the mote stuff for now - the gains are minimal until you can get 4* motes, which are really difficult to obtain anyway.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man the next white mage banner seems super far off and I really wish they would put Faris's MC2 in the hall since I couldn't get it last time due to not being able to clear that high when it came out. Guess it gives me plenty of time to finish story stuff and horde mithril, seems like upgrading my 4* abilities will take a month at least assuming we don't get another orb fest by the holidays.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
All aboard the difficulty roller coaster! We get Bartz, probably one of the hardest bosses I've fought, then they follow it up with Chaos, who did maybe 3000 combined total damage before dying. Makes no sense, but whatever, the loot explosion from all those prism orb things in the shop was awesome, so I'm happy. The Lich Triumvirate was just as faceroll, with the hardest thing about them being trying to not kill them in two rounds so they have a chance to phase shift for the medals.

Tommorow's the FF6 Celes event. Those of you who have been posting in this thread for a long time may remember that Celes was the first character I leveled up when I started playing, since she's always been a favorite of mine. I don't have any of her relics, and her burst sword on the banner is awesome. On top of that, she just got upgraded to knight 5 and white 4 (with RD). I think even after my shitty FF5 banner I have to do at least one pull (I have minimal FF6 synergy too). If I got her sword, I could finally free Ramza from being perma shout bitch and let him run his BSB (which I have, but like never use cause shout and stuff...). I could also freely run a mixed team of magic/physical and get some use from the decent relics like Exdeath's magic blink. I think maybe I'm talking myself into doing more than one pull for Celes BSB.... sigh

Chris

Potato del Grande
Collabs are usually easier and the event is late because Mobius only just released globally, thus the joke boss. Weird how the mobius chapter 3 boss is a weird looking chaos, you'd think last boss for that...

If you think Bartz is hard, you've missed some awful shit. Like Vossler, Bahamut SIN, FF8 Disipline Squad and Brynhildr. Oh and Parade Float...

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Tonight's banner is a hard one. It's VERY good. The only thing on it I wouldn't care for is Gau's Helmet (and the Shared Bracelet). But I think I have to pass. I'm being very picky with my pulls right now with G5 around the corner. My luck has trended to being really lousy lately so I'm a bit shy on pulling since I've had so many blanks recently. It also helps that I have Excalibur (VI) for Celes making Lightbringer less desirable. I'd love a unique Relic for Terra but with getting Fire Lash for Krile my A-Team Black Mage is pretty much locked in right now.

So I'll do a 100 gem pull tonight which will fail (haven't gotten a hit on one since the last Celebration) but passing, reluctantly, otherwise.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I got a 100 gem 5* SSB Rod from the Mobius Banner. Shell + Haste + RES up is a power-creeped Divine Guardian/Might Guard.

Like a lot of long-time players, I have oodles of VI synergy. Especially once we can hyper evolve all our 4*++ gear into fake 7* there will be no need for native 5* stat sticks.

Celes' Burst is good, Celes is a great character, but the banner is a tease. Stay strong!

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did a pull on the banner and got Relm's group heal/regen brush and Locke's SSB, least got an overall missing piece so can't complain.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I realized recently that Celes sword doesn't actually include party haste. The haste on the description is self only. Shout is still my only party haste, so Celes sword wouldn't let me actually replace shout, so I decided I'm going to pass and save for Onion Knight's buff relic instead (which is also guaranteed 5* by then).

Also, briefly skimming reddit results, seems barely anyone's getting Celes sword anyway, so it's probably super rare. My 100 gem pull was a 3*.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Does Celes BSB party buff stack with Shout? Otherwise it's just a DPS weapon.

It does, it's our first Atk/Mag stat buff, so it stacks with everything in game currently. There's more copies of the buff coming in future banners though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh that's awesome then... And that stacks with Atk/Def buffs too? Shits gonna get crazy.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Even the raised ATK softcap puts us to where we are today.

It's trivial to get ATK to softcap today - Shout, plus a high leveled character (70+), with a 5* synergy weapon.

We'll be getting lots of stacking buffs now. MAG teams benefit much moreso than physical teams.