Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
I can't beat Ifrit Mote CM. I can survive okish but I just have no damage, FF8 is the only realm other than 1+3+11 that I have no SB for, I'm going to have to find an 8 banner to roll on since I think an SSB is minimum for this.

Tried the Rinoa BSB RW tactic but it's broken, only does 1500 a hit?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Chain blizzaga releases next week, which may help if you have the orbs to hone it up. I still can't even beat that one doing it normal mode. I think having a full set of fire resist gear is almost mandatory to survive, which I don't have.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Tried the Rinoa BSB RW tactic but it's broken, only does 1500 a hit?

Stack as much MAG on your BSB user as possible. Ideally you'll want a MAG buff (Faith is a decent substitute). Mental Breakdown and Full Break against Ifrit help, too.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm trying to decide how to best incorporate Celes into my party. I was going to put her in pecil's spot, but I've been having him use two breaks (don't know why I haven't just swapped him to a 2nd support to use two more breakdowns yet). Isn't the new hotness to bring two supports so you can use full break/3 breakdowns? Should I do that and put a second support in place of Cloud who is my highest atk char and I have his ssb? Or perhaps should I ditch a black mage (Rinoa in my case, whom I also have her ssb) and not have a caster in my party?, any thoughts from some of you more hardcore ffrk players?

Chris

Potato del Grande
What SBs do you have? Post your stuff for best advice.

Pecil should be using Protega/Shellga and Banishing Strike/Saint Cross only.

Two supports has been standard for a long time and you want the 4* versions ASAP.

Celes is a pure DPS and takes Clouds slot, her 4* record dive makes her a Paladin so she could also take Pecils slot. Rinoa shouldnt be on a physical team so drop her first though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Bringing breakdowns over break isn't a huge gain, at least for the physical ones. All four Breaks are -30%. Power/Armor Breakdown are -40%. Magic/Mental Breakdown are -50%. (No clue why they made their debuff %s different).

So Power/Armor Breakdown are onky 10% better than their respective Breaks. And if the boss is resistant to debuffs the %s get cut in half... Making Power/Armor Breakdown -20% vs. -15% for the Breaks.

I usually bring Full Break and Magic Breakdown on my support (typically Ramza) and then Power Break on one of my DPS characters.

Only time I ever bring Power Breakdown is against heavy physical bosses, like the U+ Bartz we just fought.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
What SBs do you have? Post your stuff for best advice.

Pecil should be using Protega/Shellga and Banishing Strike/Saint Cross only.

Two supports has been standard for a long time and you want the 4* versions ASAP.

Celes is a pure DPS and takes Clouds slot, her 4* record dive makes her a Paladin so she could also take Pecils slot. Rinoa shouldnt be on a physical team so drop her first though.
Thats originally why I had pecil in my party was for shellga, but now I use a shared sb heavy armor that casts shell start the battle with a soul break and I swap in banishing strike/saints cross when needed. I use red xiii for lunatic high for hastega/protect. So you think I should swap Pecil for Ramza for 2nd support (and I have his curaga sb if that accounts for anything)(oh also just got Setzer's cards maybe make him my 2nd support?, would the attack and magic debuff stack with all my other debuffs since its attack and magic?) and flex Celes in for Cloud or Rinoa depending on what I want?

Really got too many soul breaks to list them all probably, been playing for awhile, just very casually mostly collecting loot.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that Setzer debuff stacks with all the Break style abilities.

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Breakdowns are also higher damage per hit than breaks, which can matter when you're barely beating a boss. Almost all of the 5* support characters are "weak" in combat ability, whether it's due to limited equipment, or just poor stats. The notable exception is Ramza, who has high stats across the board with strong equipment selection. Vaan's a support 4 with the same thing: high stats and equipment variety.

Like Chris said, the first consideration is soul break selection, which trumps a default sb unit with slightly better stats. An example party based on what you've posted would be:

Celes with lifesiphon & protga or shellga -- get her BSB buff up asap and use burst commands for dps
Cloud with lifesiphon & fullcharge
Support4-5 user with magic breakdown & armor breakdown
Support 5 user with fullbreak & power breakdown
White4-5 healer with curaja & protga or shellga + medica SB

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that Setzer debuff stacks with all the Break style abilities.
Should I be using that then? I saw there being a soft atk cap a few posts back and I didn't know such a thing existed in the game until then. Is it worth having 3 layers of debuffs or is there a cap to that as well?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'd be using Setzer, don't know about soft caps but it should still be way more DPS.

I don't use shell/protect SBS, it's more DPS I think to just cast one with Pecil and use a damage RM instead.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The cap on breaks is 70%. Almost every boss has break resistance, which cuts their effectiveness in half.

If you have Setzer's prismatic flash (-40% atk/mag) SSB, then absolutely use him. I have Agrias's cleansing strike (-50% atk/mag) and since they both stack with almost everything, it's a tremendous survival boost. On an ultimate boss, you can stack the following:

(all values halved due to boss resist)

Setzer's SSB: -20% atk/mag
Fullbreak: -15% atk/mag/def/res
Power Breakdown: -20% atk
Magic Breakdown: -25% mag
Armor Breakdown: -20% def

Final total of:
-55% atk
-60% mag
-35% def
-15% res

It's damn near impossible to cap out on break debuffs on a boss target, so any time you pull a relic that gives another stacking source of breaks, add it to the team! Even the deadliest rapemode ultimate boss will deal laughable amounts of damage to your team once you stack up debuffs of 50% or more to their primary dps stat.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Breakdowns are also higher damage per hit than breaks, which can matter when you're barely beating a boss.

But that extra damage is negated if you're running a support with low ATK. I would rather bring a DPS SSB wielder with Power Break than bring a lower ATK character just for another minus 5-10% debuff.

Obviously tho if you have, say, a good soulbreak for Vaan like you mentioned, that would be the best of both worlds.

Chris

Potato del Grande
But that extra damage is negated if you're running a support with low ATK. I would rather bring a DPS SSB wielder with Power Break than bring a lower ATK character just for another minus 5-10% debuff.

Obviously tho if you have, say, a good soulbreak for Vaan like you mentioned, that would be the best of both worlds.

Yeah team build for SBs first with a min 1 paladin, 1 healer, 1 support. It's worth pulling for that second support though, faris is pretty good and her banner is still up I think.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ultimate battles for FF6 are out. Hidon has no CM, so take your best team and plan for some way to handle lots of physical hits (I went with draw fire on Cecil and Ramza's BSB). Not too bad of a fight, but it was certainly a lot of incoming damage.

Ultros I had to beat without cid mission. I spent about 4 tries doing it CM style, but once again my poor realm synergy was an issue. Since he constantly clears his debuffs through the fight, you have to load up your team with debuff attacks to survive his damage. When I did that, I just ran out of hones since I have no FF6 attack SB's to supplement my damage. When I slotted more attack skills and skipped out on some mitigation, he rocked me so hard in phase 4, so that didn't work either. After a few tries I got frustrated and facerolled him with my A team. I'll be coming back later to try the cid mode soon.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Thats originally why I had pecil in my party was for shellga, but now I use a shared sb heavy armor that casts shell start the battle with a soul break and I swap in banishing strike/saints cross when needed. I use red xiii for lunatic high for hastega/protect. So you think I should swap Pecil for Ramza for 2nd support (and I have his curaga sb if that accounts for anything)(oh also just got Setzer's cards maybe make him my 2nd support?, would the attack and magic debuff stack with all my other debuffs since its attack and magic?) and flex Celes in for Cloud or Rinoa depending on what I want?

Really got too many soul breaks to list them all probably, been playing for awhile, just very casually mostly collecting loot.

It sounds like you have a good collection of major soulbreaks:

Celes BSB (ATK/MAG stacking buf
Ramza Grand Armor (40% heal + Protectga)
Relm Curaga + Regen SSB
Setzer ATK/MAG stacking break
Cloud SSB

That's a good cast of characters. Setzer doesn't have the best stats, but he can use swords which is far better than most supports. Use Setzer for two Breakdowns with Battleforged, Ramza for Full Break and Lifesiphon (charge up that Medica!) with Battleforged, Celes for hitting Weakness or Saint's Cross duty (hurray +20% holy dmg sword!) with Mako Might, Cloud with Lifesiphon and whatever with a +DMG RM, Relm with Curaja + Shellga with doublecast heal RM. RW should be Shout.

This group easily defeats all single-target bosses without breaking a sweat with very little S/L needed ever - two great heals, 2x Breakdowns + Full Break + Setzer's stacking debuff, Protectga (Ramza's SB) and Shellga built in, and Shout/Celes for huge stacking ATK boosts that laugh at needing Realm Synergy because you're hitting the soft cap regardless. This team is also set up for the future as Ramza, Cloud, and Celes all getting to 99 early on.

Cloud is your first character to replace - his SSB isn't that good, his skillset is subpar, and his equipment selection leaves a lot to be desired. Setzer's stacking debuff comes in handy, but replacing him with a more valuable character down the line is another thing I'd look for (Vaan and even Agrias are the two best direct replacements).

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The cap on breaks is 70%. Almost every boss has break resistance, which cuts their effectiveness in half.

If you have Setzer's prismatic flash (-40% atk/mag) SSB, then absolutely use him. I have Agrias's cleansing strike (-50% atk/mag) and since they both stack with almost everything, it's a tremendous survival boost. On an ultimate boss, you can stack the following:

(all values halved due to boss resist)

Setzer's SSB: -20% atk/mag
Fullbreak: -15% atk/mag/def/res
Power Breakdown: -20% atk
Magic Breakdown: -25% mag
Armor Breakdown: -20% def

Final total of:
-55% atk
-60% mag
-35% def
-15% res

It's damn near impossible to cap out on break debuffs on a boss target, so any time you pull a relic that gives another stacking source of breaks, add it to the team! Even the deadliest rapemode ultimate boss will deal laughable amounts of damage to your team once you stack up debuffs of 50% or more to their primary dps stat.
Damn, yeah, I didn't know it was that good at the time I opened it. Pretty crazy how I've been playing this game for so long and one 11x pull changed 60% of my party.

So yeah, totally forgot regular breaks were combat 3 so Celes could use them and replace pecil for me in that sense, but I'll try out the double support w/ seltzer even though his attack is a little lower because of that prismatic flash.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Celes with that stacking buff is superb.

Your team has ultimate survivability (two great healing SB's) and stacking ATK buffs with shout RW. Unfortunately you don't get a whole lot of high multiplier attacks, but a Saints Cross Celes goes a long way and you're one good pure damage B/SSB away from a Godmode team.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I thought about how to fix the problems I was having with the cid mission, and thought of something that solves all of the issues. Keeper's Tome roaming warrior! That gives Celes a burst command for free damage and additional stacking debuffs, it gives me shell and protect without eating up skill slots on the team so my healer can help dps, and it gives me two magic blinks to avoid the two biggest threats of the encounter: aqua breath and giga-volt. Using a roaming keeper's tome, I beat the cid mission. Setup as follows:

Ultros+ Cid Mission Video (video is long, my dps sucked)

Celes -- Banishing Strike, Saint's Cross -- no SB (She used Keeper's Tome RW)
Kefka -- Firaja, Drainga -- Magic Infusion (haste + 20% mag SB)
Terra -- Iceja, Maduin -- default SB
Setzer -- Power Breakdown, Full Break -- no SB
Relm -- Diaga, Curaja -- Lakshimi (medica + regen SB)
Roaming: Keeper's Tome

Healthfood

Golden Squire
FF VI realm events are quite relaxing for me - long time players have a crap-ton of synergy and I do have some really decent relics (Celes Indominatable Blade and Relm's Portrait of Lakshmi). I went in with a bunch of AE for Hedeon, but after seeing how little life he had just went to town on him straight.

Ultros was an interesting little nugget as he removes debuffs every time he resets. Had to swap Darkzone / MM for Flare to allow Kefka to run the Bard Protectga and conserve skills since 6 Casts of my 5* skill only allows ~1 per round, but his life was low enough that it worked out.

Impulsiveness got the better of me and I did 2 more 3* pulls on the FFV banner for sheep song. Got Faris' BSSB which gives a strong bow for V realm, but now I'm stuck with 8 mythril for the upcoming W-Fest Banner and the next BLM Abyss Lucky Draw.