Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have Platinum Sword and Sentinels Grimoire. I have Relm medica and Vaan's BSB and Lightbringer for Celes. Basically I've been following this thread and pulling on banners you guys have been recommending and getting lucky. I get the general idea now though, basically build around guys you get BSBs for it seems like.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Well, there's two methods of play really... clearing every dungeon and clearing every Cid's Mission. Those are really different difficulty levels. I'm not close to most of the Cid's missions as I"m just getting the Ultimates/+/++ down.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Those are some really top tier relics, grats! With that team, assuming everyone is leveled up, you should be able to clear almost everything, U++ included. An example team using your relics would be something like:

Celes -- Banishing Blade, Saint's Cross -- Battleforged (Ramza's RM)
Vaan -- Lifesiphon, Mug Bloodlust -- Ace Striker (Tidus's RM)
Tyro -- *any skill to fullfill a medal*, Shellga -- Dr. Mog's Teachings (Tyro's RM)
Ramza -- Power Breakdown, Fullbreak -- Mako Might (Cloud's RM)
Relm -- Curaja, Protectga -- Healer's Prayer II (Devout's RM), or Lionheart (Squall's RM)
Roaming: Anything you want to help with the fight!

Since you cover everything needed natively, that gives you the freedom to use any roaming warrior you want. I like to bring a burst mode roaming warrior these days to target a weakness. For example, I used a roaming warrior Quistis BSB (adds huge +poison commands and en-poison) with Onion Knight and Ashe to kill the U+ Seifer in like 4 rounds last week.

Another option (maybe a better option) is to sit Tyro for a stronger dps unit and bring a Wall roaming warrior. Even if you have 0 synergy in a realm, you have two stacking atk buffs (Celes and Ramza) which gives +80% atk, which will softcap you no matter what equipment you bring.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I cant seem to make Garland and his BSB perform. His ability list is ass, and he is too slow to do decent dps. Best case scenario is just lifesiphon and maybe a 3* break. Am I forgetting some ability that might make him not suck? All the darkness skills seem to lean towards magic.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
FF6 Ultimates are out. First fight is a three wave gauntlet of mobs that have low health, but hit very hard. Summoners are great (most are weak to water and lightning).

For the U+ cid mission against Guardian, I went for a pure magic team with Ashe's BSB as a roaming warrior, which worked out well (helps I have great magic synergy in FF6... and no physical synergy at all). He counters every physical hit, so Mog as a breaker using dances is helpful so that you never trigger any counters. If anyone wants to add me as a friend, I currently have my RW set as Ashe with her BSB (geared for FF6 synergy, I think like 470 magic and +20% thunder damage). My friend code is: KtTW
Team I used was:

Celes -- Thundaja, Draw Fire -- Default SB (this was actually useful, it's a stacking res buff)
Terra -- Ixion, Ramuh -- RW Ashe's BSB
Kefka -- Chain Thundaja, Thundaga -- Mage Shout SB, then RW Ashe's BSB
Mog -- Magic Break Dance, Fullbreak Dance -- Shared Shellga SB
Relm -- Curaja, Protectga -- Medica SB
RW: Dusk's Decree (Ashe BSB)

The Kefka U++ wasn't bad, even with zero physical synergy, but it took a few reloads because of the RNG on his counter-confuse. Two attempts in a row he kept confusing my healer back to back, which forced a reload. Once he decided to only confuse the not so important dps, it was a clean kill. I brought enough stacking magical breaks to have him completely broken to the cap, which of course neutered his damage dealing abilities to the point that his confuse was the only real threat. Maybe I should have brought confuse resist accessories (if they even exist, didn't check). My U++ team was:

Cecil -- Banishing Strike, Saint's Cross -- Holy Force BSB
Vaan -- Lifesiphon, Thief's Revenge -- Ark Blast BSB (-40% mag/def)
Agrias -- Lifesiphon, Shellga -- Cleansing Strike SB (-50% mag/atk)
Ramza -- Power Breakdown, Fullbreak -- Unsung Hero BSB
Relm -- Curaja, Diaga (should have been esuna) -- Medica SB
RW: Shout

Videos of my kills:
Ultimate Gauntlet
Cid Mission Ultimate+ Guardian
Kefka Ultimate++

Edit: Yimmien, Garland's BSB is ranked as one of the weaker BSBs... and overall as you mention, his skillset isn't that special, and as a character he has poor stats. If you have other units, it may be time to show him the bench! Darkness is mostly a magic school for now, though we're getting some physical skills in the darkness category soon.

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I only had to S/L on the gauntlet Ultimate. The mech opened with a one shot laser. Once I got mitigation up it wasn't bad.

The mech wasn't too bad. I don't have a native group heal for VI but a shared one was, barely, enough.

Kefka was easy. This is one of those fights where Celes with her SSB breaks the fight. I went with:

Lenna with her group Curaga + RES SSB (stacks with shell)
Ramza for Shout and Breaks
Cecil and Beatrix for Holy damage
Celes to break the fight with her SSB

I got to play with Edgar and his Bioblaster on the other fights. It's a neat OSB since it's AOE. I've been stupid lucky with OSBs pulling Cloud's and two for Tidus. But this fills a niche since it's AOE and also can inflict tons of status effects. It's supposed to do more damage if the enemy has debuffs but most meaningful fights will be immune.

It took me over 6 months to get my first SSB after being introduced. BSBs was only 3 months after release. And I got Cloud's OSB on the banner it was introduced. So I've been really lucky.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I figured he just sucked, but he has a cool sprite and i dont have many good knight relics. I really want Celes relics but I havent had any luck.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Man if it wasn't for the Confuse counter, Celes with Indomitable Blade could maybe solo this U++ Kefka. :)

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
This is probably the easiest Nightmare boss so far. You don't really need to do anything special. Just land slow and an interrupt and he's easy. Avoid AOE attacks in phase 2 because you don't want to shatter the gems.

My celerity relics are very good. Tidus OSB. Onion Knight gauntlets, Rikku BSB. Plugged in Lightning for the last damage slot but her SSB is AOE so not used. Last spot for my 99 healer (Lenna).

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I agree, this was probably the easiest NM yet, and my Celerity relics are meh (1 bsb, 1 ssb, 2 ancient sb's). I actually did shatter 1 gem (thought that was the proper way since it was an amethyst!) so he did some massive aoe nuke on me, but it didn't kill anyone. I used onion knight as the healer, since even though I don't have any of his relics, he's by far the best stat healer for physical nightmare dungeons (so much better than tyro healer).

Team I used:
pic.jpg
Video: Atomos Nightmare

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Yea this nightmare felt meh... he literally didn't get a turn after his 2nd action, after which dismissal and northern cross kept him stun locked till 20% hp when he summoned 3 orbs. BSBs killed all 3 orbs at one go (oops), but was fine since he went down the next turn.

Ran Vaan, Zidane, Tidus with BSB, Fran with SSB (Didn't get used in the end) and Y'sholta for the wall with shout RW.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
First time I've actually finished a CM! FF6 has by far my most relics, so I figured I'd go for it. Still a super rough fight that probably would have been a breeze with my regular team. Mad props to the guys who can do these every time. Really hard to fit in the correct breaks, buffs, weaknesses etc. with whatever you happen to have for that realm.

Went with:

Relm: Curaja, Protectga, SSB Medica
Celes: Thundara Strike, Armor Break, BSB Atk/Mag buff
Strago: Thundaja, Chain Thundaja, Def/Res break SB
Locke: Dismissal, Steal Power, Shared Shellga SB
Kefka: Thundaga, Mag break dance, Magic Shout

My magic hones really suck (Thundaja R3, Thundaga R4, Chain Thundaga R1) and I crafted Steal Power R1 just for this fight, but Celes carried me as usual with her BSB commands hitting for 10k+.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Grats Thengel! First downs always feel satisfying.

Once you get a good set of abilities honed and core relics under your belt you'll start pulling for Synergy, which will make the CM more manageable though some can be quite challenging. If I have time, I find it quite fun to put together a CM team for tougher content, but realistically for most U++ I need to slot in either Wall or Shout to stand a chance as it's usually tuned around those abilities.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Used a medica BSB for the Nightmare Dungeon. Jesus Christ such power... going to trivialise things one you get a native one.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My Japan account has Aerith's BSB and Y'shtola's BSB. Y'Shtola is, downright, broken with her BSB. Entrance is a Group Curaga heal and a 2,000 point damage shield (it absorbs damage until 2k is received and then pops allowing that unit to receive damage as normal). Command 1 is an instant single target Curaga and Command 2 is an instant group heal (in the 1,200 point range). It's broken.

I've got enough Mythril for 3 pulls on th banner and it's going to suck if I don't get it (and the odds are against me being in the 1% per orb BSB pool). It's carried me so far on Japan and let's me beat content I have no business beating.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Definitely waiting for the FFXIV banner, though I'm hoping for Alphanaud's and Papalymo more (although all of the other draws are stellar). Pretty sure I'll be pouring every single mythril I have at that point, festive banners be dammed.

That said, I've been using Vanille's BSB and TBH i like it more due to its flexible, especially for multiplayer. It provides insta-curaga on entry for oh-shit moments, can nuke for ~8k-9k x 2 in addition to lowering resistance, an oft-forgottten debuff that produces noticeable results. Pure healing and mitigation wise Y'shtola is definitely top of the pack, but Vanille's Red Mage kit makes it more appealing for me. Both are amazing.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really hate fights with multiple enemies, its like they don't balance the shit at all. My VI synergy is great and I'm having a difficult time on just the 140 difficulty ultimate, pretty sure I'll get it after a few s/l's and putting on defensive armors, but shit should not be this difficult at this lvl especially. In the second round with protect/shell and multibreak each one does their aoe back to back and each one is still hitting for ~1500, making it difficult to keep up with the heals.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Shout has always evaded me, so last night I pulled Cid's new shout spear instead with my 100 gem draw! It's shocking to me that, with how frequent VII events seem to be, that spear is my 5th VII relic, and 3 of those belong to Aerith. The other is Zack's hastega/attack. I don't think a repeat CM is happening this week!