Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
FF15 event incoming for Japan with Noctis. There's a small chance we will get it too, we'll probably find out after maintenence today. We got the first FF14 event early, not long after Japan got it.

Really happy with this game!

Healthfood

Golden Squire
OSB banners are out... good thing OSBs don't tempt me so mythrils are safe. Only ones I really want are edge bsb and OK's bsb, neither on banners with other items I really want.

FF14 come onnnnn

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is there any good way to organize some multiplayer with people from here? Doesn't really seem like it, beyond a Line group or something similar.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Could all join discord for Rere and make a separate channel. No real activity on there though.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Some random thoughts:

This Multiplayer 200 fight is one of the harder ones I remember since it was the first real one. People on Japan weren't quite prepared for how bad he was so there were a lot of losses. I don't think I beat the Japan version before giving up but I did get the Global one after a few tries. I finally got a group that knew what they were doing and a player was using Gilgamesh with his BSB and in the end it came down to us using the good old Retaliate strategy. Only two deaths because, thankfully, he didn't go Zantetsuken happy.

The OSB Fest is very underwhelming to me. I'm planning to pass on all of them right now and go hard on XIV. I really want Y'Shtola's burst. Like I've said, I have it on my Japan account and the thing is amazing. I hate chasing a single relic but the thing I need more than anything right now is a Healer BSB so I might as well chase the best of the bunch because the rest of the banner is very strong too.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
just beat him holy crap that was intense and awesome, considering I failed once after 10-15 mins because I fucking forgot to equip Bartz with his bsb. Vanille bsb was the MVP for sure I was the only medica bsb and it pumped healing like a champ. Definitely go to the reddit (7891) if you want competent guys to have a good shot at clearing.

Would be down to find some way to schedule but I have erratic play time this week, next week will be better for me but you guys would probably have beaten him. Lemme know if discord or line works, we've got a line group for other games but it's cluttered with spam from ffbe crew.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thengel

Some random thoughts:

The OSB Fest is very underwhelming to me. I'm planning to pass on all of them right now and go hard on XIV. I really want Y'Shtola's burst. Like I've said, I have it on my Japan account and the thing is amazing. I hate chasing a single relic but the thing I need more than anything right now is a Healer BSB so I might as well chase the best of the bunch because the rest of the banner is very strong too.

I wish I could pass on OSB fest, but Kain's BSB is in there again and I'm afraid I have to waste mythril again.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Here's a tip for multiplayer that is obvious once you know it but is easy to forget:

Don't attack the boss with anything until mitigation goes up. The only exception is Breakdowns. Almost all multiplayer bosses have counters and it's so frustrating watching idiots get others killed because they go first with Lifesiphon...

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I am going to pull on banner 3. Vaan generates so much meter during his BSB that I think you can squeeze in an OSB use in between bursts. Maria's bow is a huge dps mage relic I could use too.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Passing on OSBFest. Too many duplicate relics mixed in with the items I want.

Until the decree of TGCidFest.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Go all in on FF14 guys. It's during the fest and is almost all top tier BSBs or situational boss cheesers.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Tried the MP raid a few times. U+ was easy enough, but haven't mastered apocalypse difficulty yet. Groups I join are always missing one part or another of a full buff/debuff lineup, and any time I switch what I bring, I join a group that has those same roles duplicated, but then missing something else.

Joining up with you all for an organized kill would be great, but my schedules very sporadic, with sudden AFK's sometimes, so it's hard to commit to a scheduled raid. It's a big part of why I don't play MMO's anymore.

Thengel

Here's a tip for multiplayer that is obvious once you know it but is easy to forget:

Don't attack the boss with anything until mitigation goes up. The only exception is Breakdowns. Almost all multiplayer bosses have counters and it's so frustrating watching idiots get others killed because they go first with Lifesiphon...

This right here is so true. It states right in the text that Gilg counters physical and Enkidu counters magic, so WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? Finally got a team that didn't do this and crushed Apoc with zero deaths.

I'll be playing for the next couple hours if anyone wants to go for it, seems pretty easy to set up if you're patient, just pick a # and wait. I typically bring Vaan with mug bloodlust, power breakdown, and BSB, plus Aerith with Curaja, Esuna, and BSB. Damage, buffs, and mitigation needed.

I'm sitting in #4422 now, see what happens.

Thengel

Just noticed the rewards for 160 are better than they are for the 200. Kinda interesting? I guess the 200 is just a master it once and done kinda thing, whereas the 160 might be good for farming. Maybe.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Got the apocalypse mastery. I ended up taking Vaan (lifesiphon, power breakdown, BSB) and Ramza (lifesiphon, fullbreak, BSB, shout, medica).

It was certainly a group effort win, as the team I went with played well, but I feel like I carried certain parts of the encounter! A few groups I joined would always lose on Enkidu stage because everyone completely ignored magic mitigation/breaks, so Enkidu would wreck everyone with his aoe wind nukes. Groups also rarely saved healing for the scripted aoe hp% nuke when Enkidu joined.

To fix that, I did Vaan (stacking magic breaks) to handle the Enkidu nukes, and I saved my Ramza's LB for the phase transition, and did Tailwind to help heal up his massive aoe nuke. From there, the party I was in took him down. We had three deaths because of the auto-kill RNG on zansuken (and no one brought raise), but still managed to win. Last 10% of Gilgamesh was edge of the seat, since the only people who weren't paralyzed the whole last bit were my Ramza and a BSB Luneth, so those two had to deal 10% on their own, and live through the rng death of 3 zansukens (which ended well enough).

Looking forward to next MP raid!

pic.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I notice the reddit group posting about a specific group number... should we try and commandeer one for ourselves to check in case other FoH are on?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm wondering how much harder the new Bartz CM will be for this FFV event. Few months back when I did his CM, I barely won. Since then, my FFV team hasn't changed at all. No new relics, everyone's still capped at lvl 80, etc. If he's been buffed a lot, I'm in trouble. Maybe there's some new RW that will help out.