Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Any magical FOH number we can use? My timezone is pretty much half way across the globe(GMT+8) but my sleeping hours are odd so I'll try to make it when you guys are good. For reference DD resets 4 pm and check in at 9 pm.

Apparently the CM is nearly a mirror to the previous event, except he doesn't double kick at the start so I think you're good.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Having a designated room number is a good first step but for our little community we need a set time. We have a pretty dedicated little group of players here but I doubt we all are looking to do multiplayer at the same time on a random basis.

Going forward the way multiplayer works is like this: Each event has 4 multiplayer battles. 2 get released with the initial event and are very easy. I don't even bother to do them multiplayer unless there is a really weird mechanic on them (I think one or two did have something along those lines) but the vast majority of them you just want to do on your own with whatever team you have and clear them. It's an easy 2 Mythril. The last 2 battles come with the bonus battles and are MUCH harder. These are the ones that are best to do multiplayer as intended. The 160 difficulty gives a Mythril and some other rewards. The 200 does not give Mythril but the rewards are still very good including 4 star motes. The 200 fights tend to be very difficult like our Gilgamesh. Right now Japan and Global are both doing V events. The Japan one has the boss that can only be killed with magic so you really have to watch your groups because a single attack resets the fight. But he's actually very easy because he's weak to Fire so people just blow him up with lots of Fire based SBs and Chain Firaga.

On an unrelated note it looks like Japan is going to start selling relics directly for cash. People on Reddit have, as you would expect, lost their shit and many threats of "I'm quitting" have ensued. It sounds like this is going to be a one off thing and there is some form of tradition around buying gift boxes for New Years that they're trying to cash in on. It sounds like the way it works is that these draws are priced like a Lucky Draw (1,500 gems) and are bundles. You buy a bundle and open it up to see what you get.

- The first Bundle is two 11x draws with a SSB or better and then a bag that contains a guaranteed OSB and BSB that come in pairs. There are 5 pairs and you will get one of these pairs at random (Cloud, Tidus, Pecil, Zidane or Bartz) and there is no mixing and matching.
- Bundle 2 is similar but it's just one 11x draw with SSB or better and a bag that contains a BSB + SSB for Faris, Rydia, Celes, Aerith or Yuna.
- Bundle 3 is a 5x draw with a bag that contains one guaranteed SSB from the following Sentinel Grimoire, Platinum Sword, Fire Lash or Thyrus.

No clue if this will ever make it's way to Global. And even if it does the only one I'd consider buying would be Bundle 2. I won't be buying any of these on Japan though. My Japan account is 100% F2P and it's mostly used to try things out before we get them in Global. I have a very dedicated A-Team on Japan (Cloud, Tidus and Beatrix with OSBs, Y'Shtola and Aerith's BSBs, Ramza with Shout and Rinoa and Terra as my token Black Mages with their very outdated BSBs). I tend to pull whenever I just want to scratch that itch or for favorite characters. I don't necessarily try and min / max that account and only my core group is leveled up. I'll go days where the only thing I do is login to collect the daily rewards and not touch it again. I only have about 120 Stamina because it's so tedious going through hundreds of regular dungeons despite all of the Mythril in there. It's still a fun distraction but Global is where I put my time and energy into.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Having a designated room number is a good first step but for our little community we need a set time. We have a pretty dedicated little group of players here but I doubt we all are looking to do multiplayer at the same time on a random basis.

Going forward the way multiplayer works is like this: Each event has 4 multiplayer battles. 2 get released with the initial event and are very easy. I don't even bother to do them multiplayer unless there is a really weird mechanic on them (I think one or two did have something along those lines) but the vast majority of them you just want to do on your own with whatever team you have and clear them. It's an easy 2 Mythril. The last 2 battles come with the bonus battles and are MUCH harder. These are the ones that are best to do multiplayer as intended. The 160 difficulty gives a Mythril and some other rewards. The 200 does not give Mythril but the rewards are still very good including 4 star motes. The 200 fights tend to be very difficult like our Gilgamesh. Right now Japan and Global are both doing V events. The Japan one has the boss that can only be killed with magic so you really have to watch your groups because a single attack resets the fight. But he's actually very easy because he's weak to Fire so people just blow him up with lots of Fire based SBs and Chain Firaga.

On an unrelated note it looks like Japan is going to start selling relics directly for cash. People on Reddit have, as you would expect, lost their shit and many threats of "I'm quitting" have ensued. It sounds like this is going to be a one off thing and there is some form of tradition around buying gift boxes for New Years that they're trying to cash in on. It sounds like the way it works is that these draws are priced like a Lucky Draw (1,500 gems) and are bundles. You buy a bundle and open it up to see what you get.

- The first Bundle is two 11x draws with a SSB or better and then a bag that contains a guaranteed OSB and BSB that come in pairs. There are 5 pairs and you will get one of these pairs at random (Cloud, Tidus, Pecil, Zidane or Bartz) and there is no mixing and matching.
- Bundle 2 is similar but it's just one 11x draw with SSB or better and a bag that contains a BSB + SSB for Faris, Rydia, Celes, Aerith or Yuna.
- Bundle 3 is a 5x draw with a bag that contains one guaranteed SSB from the following Sentinel Grimoire, Platinum Sword, Fire Lash or Thyrus.

No clue if this will ever make it's way to Global. And even if it does the only one I'd consider buying would be Bundle 2. I won't be buying any of these on Japan though. My Japan account is 100% F2P and it's mostly used to try things out before we get them in Global. I have a very dedicated A-Team on Japan (Cloud, Tidus and Beatrix with OSBs, Y'Shtola and Aerith's BSBs, Ramza with Shout and Rinoa and Terra as my token Black Mages with their very outdated BSBs). I tend to pull whenever I just want to scratch that itch or for favorite characters. I don't necessarily try and min / max that account and only my core group is leveled up. I'll go days where the only thing I do is login to collect the daily rewards and not touch it again. I only have about 120 Stamina because it's so tedious going through hundreds of regular dungeons despite all of the Mythril in there. It's still a fun distraction but Global is where I put my time and energy into.

As long as there's a free way to get equivalent items I dont care. Asshole autists will down star the game to oblivion though.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
None of the OSBs or BSBs in the real cash bundles are unique. In fact that's why they are such a bad deal for me. On the first bundle I only have a 40% chance of a bag that doesn't include a dupe. Bundle 2 I only have one item. The third bundle is my worst since I have 3 of the 4 items that could be in the bag.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did the multiplayer boss. It's really good fun.

Ended up taking Faris BSB with Theif Raid and Luneth Wind BSB, Luneth isn't dived for Support 4 yet so I was sad I couldn't do more breaking.

It's cool having to decide what to bring and benching Onion Knight and Tyro because too many people bring Ramza/Onion Knight or YShtola/Tyro.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Soooooo anyone taken a look at the upcoming torment dungeons? Just remembered they existed via kbp and then recalled the difficulty in jp. We'll see whether it's ovehyped but it's been a while since the A team has had a challenge!

For multiplayer how about we do it ~2-3 hours after the Apocalypse version drops? What time would that be for you guys? Is there a discord or you guys wanna join line to coordinate? #4422

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm against the idea of just straight up buying power for cash (even though that's how it already is technically since more cash = more pulls = more power). Still though, when you sell it directly, it just seems dirty. Hopefully they don't do the same on global, but even if they do, it would be a disappointment, but more of a "whatever" from me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The cash banners still have random relics, it's just a lucky draw with more pulls and smaller item pool.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just started fucking with Eiko's heal BSB... holy shit that's fun. group curaga initial, with single start curaja + Physical blink for command 1 and AOE cura for command 2.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Just started fucking with Eiko's heal BSB... holy shit that's fun. group curaga initial, with single start curaja + Physical blink for command 1 and AOE cura for command 2.

Congrats! It's a bona-fide boostga (25%) in and of itself, and isn't subject to the softcap if you combine it with any other +ATK stuff!

Some things later will conflict with it, and have crit boosts of their own to contend with, but it's hard to find a strictly better medica than this in Japan.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ultimates are up for FFV. I was worried about the Bartz CM, but it felt easier than the last one, even though my teams the same. The Exdeath U++ was a challenge, mostly because I don't have any magical synergy for FFV (went with a pure mage team), but it was still a one shot kill. For the U++ I went with:

Ashe -- Waterja, Fireja -- BSB
Terra -- Leviathan, Blizzaja -- BSB
Onion -- Gust (for medals), Thunderja -- shared +mag SB
Tyro -- Magic Break Dance, Multibreak -- Wall
Arc -- Curaja, Shellga -- Blink Medica
RW: Onion BSB

Videos:
Bartz CM
Exdeath U++

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
28 mithril, an accessory, and a bunch of upgrade materials as a Christmas login present. Login and get your goodies!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Thinking OK, Eiko, Bartz, PCecil, and someone else for my "A" squad. Since I get hastega + ATK buff from OK, Critbuff from Eiko, Bartz and PCecil are monsters with every SB they have (BSB/SSB/SB/Default). Thinking Vaan for his BSB + Breaks to just fucking murder physicals faster.

Now to hone for the Magic based team... :|
What's the standard magic team look like? I have some magic-bootsga/hastega relics, I have some decent caster relics, but I'm not sure how the playstyle even goes...

Also, P1 of orbfest just fucked me with the timing. I didn't get to play much over Xmas :|
My roulette luck has been brutal.
And I'm somehow holding back on pulling on shit-tier banners while OSB fest comes out.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
For myself, mage teams revolve around who has a BSB to extend their hones, since I haven't gone very deep on magic hones. I have Ashe and Terra's BSB, so when I mage out, they're the primary dps. Then for a mage boostga, I have Kefka and Edward +mag/hastega. Edward's the one I usually bring, since he also covers the support role at the same time (basically the magic version of Ramza). If you have OK BSB, he's obviously the king for that slot though. Then the last slot is either another stacking +mag buff (for me, it would be Selphie since it's my only other +mag buff that stacks) or if the fight calls for it, someone with a stacking break debuff (which usually has to be physical).

As for the playstyle, like I mentioned, my spell hones are low, so generally it's just casting some 4* -ja nukes until they can activate their BSB, then it's using BSB commands (Ashe's are great dps, Terra's are outdated, but you use what you have).

If you have the hones for it, going r3 or r4 on some chain spells or stuff like bahamut will give you way more dps, but that's a steep investment that I'm holding off on as long as possible. If I pull Alphinaud's bsb next week, I'm definitely going to hone some magic stuff though.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mage relic luck has been brutal for me. Of note, I have, um, Sheepsong, Serah's BSB (which I haven't used, but it seems pretty shit-tier) and Vivi's BSB, which is old as hell. Also Selphie's BSB, which seems pretty good but for the life of me I can't figure out what kind of squad accommodates it. I'm going heavy into the FFXIV banner because its upgrades are substantial across the board, but I don't necessarily foresee it reversing my mage relic fortunes without some lucky pulls.

Also, if I pull Yshtola's BSB, what does that do to me when I use him as wall? Will he become a wrath/curaja bot? And that'll basically require I run with Beatrix for shell or protect, too. I don't have SG and I hate having to rw it.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I also have OK's BSB and just about enough motes to dive him into Black Magic, but I question the value thereof when his BSB spam already outdamages my all my melee characters besides Shadow and with spell hones being inadequate as they are. I think diving him to full break (nowhere near being able to yet) is probably a more sound decision for me since I don't have any reason to run Tyro.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mage teams are have a full set of honed -ajas and then hone the chain spells which matches your equipment/en element bonuses.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I've actually been doing really good with 100 gem pulls. In the last couple of weeks I've pulled Edgar's OSB, Bartz's Cloak and tonight Terra's Tiara. Tiara pairs nicely with her BSB but Mages have a hard time building SB gauges.