Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My black mage LD was ok but not great. Tellah SSB which dooms him and Maria's OSB KERPLODE!

My white mage LD was amazing. Two dupes: Minfilia BSB and Lena SSB. But I pulled 3 new bursts for Porom, Arc and Vanille. Vanille's is top tier since it's curaga and instant entry.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Now to save up, apparently there's some hot banners coming soon?

Cloud USB is a couple of events away and is broken. Apparently it makes EVERY hit crit and be able to break the damage cap for Cloud, though it's great as a RW to give that status to others. You can't have a RW in the upcoming magicite dungeons so it's beneficial to have your own.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Cleared the FFV ultimate stuff. The multiplayer boss was really easy because it forces everyone to run pure mage synergy, so everyone brought multiple stacking mag buffs, which means everyone did more damage (unlike normal MP bosses where you have mages on teams with shout and no mag buffs, etc). If someone brings an Exdeath with Grand Cross, it makes the weak phase a joke since the boss spams absorbed single target attacks on 4/5 of his turns.

I had to skip the cid mission because my FFV synergy is garbage. Maybe it's doable with a no relic setup, but I gave it one attempt, got completely obliterated by Gogo's spam aoe's after 50%, and even with double healer, it was impossible to outheal the damage (no medica, no native buffs, etc). Crushed him with a non-CM team of course, but that's not worth discussing.

Apoc+ Twintania was pretty easy with a pure summoner team, since his big gimmick is his huge counterattacks, but with the team I brought, everything was counter-proof, so he was rather tame with no counters the whole fight. Alphinaud and Terra used summons in P1 (for medals and SB gauge). When their summons ran out, Alphinaud went into BSB mode, then my Terra called a RW Alphinaud BSB so she could get in on the no-counterattack commands as well. Tyro did dance breaks + wrath for bsb/wall buffing, Onion did his BSB for buffs, but then used Faith and Ultra Cure (to remove paralyze) instead of attacking, since I didn't want to eat counters. Ysthola did healer stuff.

Video and team setup: Twintania A+
RW: Alpinaud BSB (Aerial Blast)
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Alphinaud{/td}
{td}Alexander{/td}
{td}Bahamut{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}+13% mag/mnd{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Terra{/td}
{td}Leviathan{/td}
{td}Valigarmanda{/td}
{td}OSB{/td}
{td}+15% mag{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Tyro{/td}
{td}Magic Breakdown Dance{/td}
{td}Wrath{/td}
{td}BSB, Wall{/td}
{td}Ace Striker{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Onion{/td}
{td}Faith{/td}
{td}Ultra Cure{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Dr. Mog Teach{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yshtola{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Shellga{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Cloud's USB is Thursday, and that's what everyone's been hyping over for the last 3 months. I'm on the fence if I'm going to chase it or not... we'll see.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cloud USB delayed, events have been reordered for some reason. FF13 is next instead.

Four are being skipped I think, FF7 (with broken USB), FF1 (Mobious global don't have that character playable yet? Spoilers?), FF4 and FF9 (no edward/eiko bard motes or dives from skipped collab).

Funny how they all have an issue with them, more programming time needed perhaps?

Jackpot got Y'Shtola BSB in the realm lucky draw!!!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
FF13 event has legend materia in the pool, so I guess we're getting Legend dives with tonights patch? I'm excited about that if so. Yshtola is an instant dive for me, but I'm not sure on who else yet.

I'm glad the FF7 event was rescheduled to be honest. Lets me see and spend on the festival banners later this month before deciding if I want to try for Cloud.

My lucky draw was decent. 3/11 -- Dupe #3 of Ovelia's SSB, Laguna's aoe slow SSB (meh), and Thancreds imperil fire burst (nice!)

I've been wanting a ninja burst for a long time. Thancred isn't the best ninja to use those kind of spells, but eh, it's better than 0 ninja relics, which is what I had before this week. At least he can use swords and I have an 8* OSB mage sword for him to equip.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
They seriously cranked the difficulty up this latest patch. I managed to clear out the FF13 stuff, but it was damn hard. The multiplayer boss especially was a tremendous headache to find a team that synergized well, but also knew how to time their skills properly to prevent deaths. After like 5 parties, I got into one that got the timing right, and mastered the MP boss. I took Onion and Yshtola, since I don't have any great ice dps'ers.

The Cid Mission against Barthandelus was close, but I managed to win. His damage isn't too bad, but those dispels are a huge annoyance. I took Snow (no relics), Fang (wallbreak SB), Noel (BSB), Sazh (boostga mblink SSB), and Vanille (ether medica) with Onion BSB as a RW. Exact setup:
Onion BSB RW
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Snow, lvl 79{/td}
{td}Gaia's Cross{/td}
{td}Banishing Strike{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}+30% Knight Damage{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Fang, lvl 80{/td}
{td}Dismissal{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}-50% def/res SB{/td}
{td}Ace Striker{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Noel, lvl 95{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Shellga{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Sazh, lvl 99{/td}
{td}Affliction Break{/td}
{td}Fullbreak{/td}
{td}+50% atk & Magic Blink{/td}
{td}Dr. Mog Teach{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vanille, lvl 99{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Protectga{/td}
{td}Ether Medica{/td}
{td}Lionheart{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

The Apoc+ against Proudclad was really insane and one of the harder fights I've done. I took Kain (BSB) and Desch (BSB, imperil SSB) for my dps, with Ramza (BSB, Shout) and Onion (BSB, Medica) as my supports, with Yshtola healing, and Wall RW. I spent the first part of the fight going easy on dps while I built up a lot of soulgauge on my dps'ers, then when they have a few bars, I imperil'ed a few times with Desch then unleashed the lightning skills with Kain / Desch. Even with my rather defensive team, I lost three people before the win, but still managed to get mastery. Exact setup:
RW Wall
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Kain{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Lightning Dive{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}+30% Lightning Dam{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Desch{/td}
{td}Chain Thundaga{/td}
{td}Wrath{/td}
{td}BSB, Imperil Lightning & Faith SSB{/td}
{td}Ace Striker{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ramza{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Armor Breakdown{/td}
{td}BSB, Shout{/td}
{td}Battleforged{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Onion{/td}
{td}Power Breakdown{/td}
{td}Fullbreak{/td}
{td}BSB, % Medica{/td}
{td}Dr. Mog Teach{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yshtola{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Protectga{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

As for the Jump Start battle, it's just the Apoc+ fight with 3 free soulgauge bars, so as you can expect, it's significantly easier than the Apoc+ battle (but still freakin hard anyway). Only changes I made for the Apoc+ fight was to swap the RM's from soulgauge generation RM's to dps RM's.

Videos:
Cid Mission Barthandelus
Proudclad Apoc+
Proudclad Jump Start

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My lack of lightning SBs has been fucking me lately. I literally only have Lightning OSB and Ashe OSB for lightning element shit and both do piss for damage. Wasn't able to do the FF8 Apoc+ at all because of it and this isn't looking too good either from the sound of it.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Jumpstart was a joke.

I went in with a not-optimized team and walked away with full medals a minute later.

Ramza proved very useful - I used Shout, then Full Break, then Chant. His soulbreaks compliment each other for these blitz battles, and this pleases me.
Tyro probably not as useful in these things - I used him for SG, and then tried to Entrust but found the skill doesn't do anything. R1 Tempest Snipe was near useless.
Vaan is great, even when the enemy doesn't use magic. I want his USB for instant-cast Thief.
Eiko was a fine healer. Used protectga and hit the BSB button twice.
Orlandeu was my MVP. Three casts of his OSB (at 99k each) nearly finished the fight alone.
Ran a Yuna USB RW for Last Stand. Edge might have been better with the blink, but Yuna was fine.

My XIII synergy is top notch, but this seemed easier than most U++ fights.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I only had time to do the MP fights. It was hard but having two people with Last Stand helps a lot. I brought Minfilia to hit medal conditions and Last Stand and I brought Vanille since she's one of the best MO healers in the game with her burst. I made sure we had one more source of Last Stand before starting.

My group was very slow but methodical. It took awhile but we whittled him down and finally killed him.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Trying to clean up on Omniscient multiplayer last night really reaffirmed how completely moronic the general public is. Joining with 1 or 2 physical DPS just makes me want to cry. Actually trying to start your own group with 2 physical DPS, good luck with that!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Trying to clean up on Omniscient multiplayer last night really reaffirmed how completely moronic the general public is.

It's really hit or miss. There's absolutely some total dummies in multiplayer, due to either being clueless, or intentionally trolling, but I've also been in a bunch of random groups that worked together flawlessly. I find that it's best to do multiplayer raids the second they're released. Most of the people going in there right away tend to be the more hardcore types who come prepared and know what's up. Day 2 and beyond tends to be the more casual players who don't do research ahead of time, and do foolish stuff like bring physical units to Omniscient, etc etc. Obviously that's not a blanket statement covering everyone, but still, that's just the trend I notice in general.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow this event IS hard. Alphinaud/Raijin is great for multiplayer. Got the Proud Clad down to 1% with double healer, just need to tweak my dps, it's brutal. Need more lightning stuff.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
ProudClad is also raping my ass... it's hard to absorb 3k Ignore defense followed by 4x 1.3-1.5k damage on a consistent basis... Not having any lightning burst hurts too :(. Probably tweak it to RW Ashe, the self heal + Lightning damage seems perfect.

On a side note, ANOTHER Lucky Draw is being dropped? Dang they are really trying to drain all our Mythril before Fest comes.... but it's too good not to draw, a chance at Orlandeau OSB, Squall BSB2, Kain BSB, Ramza USB and a few others is too good to pass.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The Lucky is a skip for me. I have 15 out of 35. There's nothing appealing from the stuff I'm missing so it's an easy pass.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Proudclad was ridiculously easy for me but my Lightning synergy is bonkers. I have Lightning with her BSB2 (Lightning imperil), Ashe with her BSB (En-Lightning), and Orlandu with his OSB (Holy and Lightning damage plus Thunder God mode). I simply got up Vessel of Fate, Full Break and then unloaded Soul Breaks on him. He died just after the third OSB hit from Cid.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i figured out a fun way to do the Jump Start battles. haven't perused Reddit much regarding them, so maybe its a known strategy. I brought a Ramza USB RW, which it gives everyone quickcast on all actions for two rounds. first character used that while everyone else waited for quickcast, then everyone each unloaded a soulbreak, then the character who hit the RW hits it AGAIN now that he has quick cast, and everyone else yet again unloads a soulbreak. by this point if you brought enough lightning ones, he's probably almost dead.

first person after the RW cast for me was Y'shtola BSB. heals probably make sense unless you have some apt defensive/support SB that makes more sense to use right away.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pulled on the banner for some Lightning lightning gear and got SSB and BSB for the shitty side antagonist who dies without a fight...

Experted Proudclad with a 99999 from Agrias after triple imperil holy, figured out that if you don't have lightning stuff then imperils also work for big damage. Ramza USB is great for the extra buffs and quick cast, rotated that and shout. Need to drop Tyro and have Y'Shtola cast Wall somehow so I can fit in another DPS for master.

Edit: Managed it.

You need two damage good SBs, either Lightning or imperil/en of your choice.

You also need two healer BSBs.

Then you need your Wall, Boostga and ideally a stacking Boostga/Defense buff. One of these can be RW.

Obviously Protect, Power Break and Full Break.

I needed YShtola rotating wall/heal bsb, Ramza rotating Shout and USB, Eiko heal bsb and Agrias/Orlandeau holy combo. Phew...

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Friendly reminder to all procrastinators: Orbfest begins Tuesday. Make sure to finish all your stamina-related stuff by then (e.g., raids, events, story dungeons).

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Even though I'm dry on Mythril (Thanks DeNA for saving a little by not releasing the Men of the Moment banner), pretty hyped for the potential upcoming banners :).