Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I want Vaan's EX and Cloud's EX. Waiting to see how good Vaan's fest banner is, but probably skipping everything else.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
They got the balance mixed up on this FF9 event I think. The cid mission against the zombie dragon was way harder than the pushover Apoc+ boss against Ark (compared to Proudclad), and as usual the jump start version is just an easier version of the Apoc+ fight.

The multiplayer boss was interesting, and even though the group I joined mastered it first try, it seemed like a decent challenge. I've been using the ridiculously high exp per stamina grind of this FF9 event to level up a ton of my units, so I got to take my newly leveled Ceodore and his BSB into a multiplayer battle. His mix of dps and healing probably saved my MP groups kill, since we only had 2 healers, and the Eiko on the team died on like round 3, so the only heals were a Vanille + my Ceodore's passive free healing from bsb. Worked out well and no one else died.

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Changed my RW to Alphinaud's BSB for the Jump Start battle @ oTPN. en-wind with instant-chain command 1, or ether command 2. I recommend alternating between command 2 and Tiamat - I was maxing out the damage there, alternating 20k and 30k damage.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Two minor tips for jumpstart battles:

Orlandeau's lvl 99 RM is super useful on jumpstart (start battle with 25 seconds of +300% ability/casting speed). It lets you call in a RW, or use something like wall extremely quickly, then you still have the huge cast speed boost for half the battle or more. I find jumpstart fights to be over in less than 30-50 seconds of active battle time. Ark this week died on jumpstart with only 17 seconds of active battle time, so Yshtola for example had the 300% cast speed for the entire fight to wall -> bsb -> medica command spam with extreme haste.

Something else that's useful is using skills like memento mori or death throes. Because jumpstart battles are so short, you can easily do something like Death Throes on round 1 with a physical darkness user like Luneth, then you have the atk boost for the entire battle and the doom timer is mostly meaningless (fight should be over way before it matters). Just keep stacking restrictions in mind when teambuilding.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Fest Banners are out!

fes9

Hmmm, P3 looks the most enticing for me, would love a lot of the relics there. On the fence about the other phases, I may go hard (like 2 pulls probably based on my current mythril) on P3 depending on the mythril situation, and maybe try again for SG during P5 or just save for Cloud's USB (lul).

Edit and apparently 3 upcoming lucky draws in the next 3 days too? Maybe I won't have any Mythril left :(

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Seems every festival we get, I always want the banner 4 relics.... this one's no exception. Terra's USB is my grand prize, but Ramza USB or Fujin BSB would still be great. Banner 4 does have a lot of dupes though, which worries me.

I'd have liked to do a pull on banner 1 also, but it will be closed before 4 comes out :(

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Banner 1 is amazing for me. I have 4+ dupes on every other banner. On banner 1 I don't have a single dupe. I'm just under 200 Mythril so I'll have enough for a few pulls even with the luckies coming.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'm thankful the banners aren't good for me. Just 100 mythril right now.

1 and 4 would be tempting if Cloud's USB didn't exist.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I was on the fence about pulling for the lucky imperil banner (so many dupes or duds were possible) but I decided eh why not. Went 2/11: Zack BSB and Rikku BSB. Both are new relics, and it's my first water and wind imperil, so pretty good luck overall, even if both of their actual burst modes are really dated. I now have an imperil for every element except poison and earth.

Got a 5* from the 100 gem on FF6 banner too, but it was Cain's SSB, which was probably the worst item on the banner, so it's the usual spot of sadness over a bad draw, or happiness that at least it was a rainbow (I'm overloaded on FF6 weapons, so it's not even a good synergy pull).

Last edited:

Healthfood

Golden Squire
So far I've gotten zack bsb and larsa bsb of note, and now 8* aerith bsb. Tomorrow is gonna be the interesting one with bsb.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My healer lucky draw was decent. 2/11 -- Arc SSB (dupe... 8* now), and Yuna USB (new).

I seriously doubt I run Yuna's USB over Yshtola's BSB for single player content, but Yuna's USB is a nice tool for multiplayer, so I'll take it. Would have much rather a medica for a realm I didn't already have though (had Yuna's stock hp medica already).

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Imperil was Gabranth's burst and Balthier's SSB. Both new for me and I needed a darkness imperil.

Curaga was Selphie's USB. Not bad since it's instant, last stand and regen. Vanilla is still better with her burst but Selphie will have niche use.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My BSB lucky draw was good, but I didn't get anything that's going to shake up my team. 3/11, no dupes:

Tidus CSB -- I don't have the tools to really build a water team, but it's a good stat stick
Firion OSB -- My FF2 relics are very lacking, so this is nice, but pure dps OSB's don't help with CM clears... need trinity relics
Shadow BSB -- Basically a dud, only use is as a RW for clearing dailies, but at least not a dupe, I guess...

I'm considering splitting my remaining 200 mithril for 1 pull on banner 1 and 3 pulls on banner 4

Chris

Potato del Grande
The last two CMs have been rough for me, had to experiment a bit to get the FF4 one. I have a great tip for the FF5 one though.

There is a strategy called "Hit and Run", it exploits the fact that fleeing from a battle doesn't heal your characters back up which is supposed to be a bad thing, but it keeps your SB bars too. Normally it's too much hassle, too much time and too much damage taken, but since Gilgamesh doesn't attack for 2 turns it works really well on him.

Just auto battle him on speed 5 until he emotes about Excalipoor being weak, then pause and flee. After doing this about ~7 times you'll have 3 SBs and now you have a Jump Start style battle, I don't have a FF5 medica but I do have 3 OSBs so I blew him up.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Pretty sure shadow bsb is ranked amongst the higher damaging bsb, rated tier 1 by Reddit so wouldn't feel too bad about getting it. I pulled kain bsb and Maria OSB, pretty ok with it.

I'm still working on FF4 CM... reminded me again how bad my synergy is - will try again after I get kain up to speed.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pretty sure shadow bsb is ranked amongst the higher damaging bsb, rated tier 1 by Reddit so wouldn't feel too bad about getting it. I pulled kain bsb and Maria OSB, pretty ok with it.

I'm still working on FF4 CM... reminded me again how bad my synergy is - will try again after I get kain up to speed.

Immunities were my problem. You need to cast Thunder spells then Ice/Water spells then non elemental. I had one mage (Porom) with Chain Thundaga/Blizzaga in P1/P2 then used non elemental SSB a few times in P3.

You basically need a setup like that or an all melee team otherwise you are useless in P3. One way around it is that I could have Edward imperil holy so that Cecils holy SB would work.

I took one of those RW instant heal USBs after the phase change gravity which also gave haste to help with slow, I used Eiko's. I also gave Cecil the haste spell and used slow resit accessories (FFX one also resists death) and r2 Affliction Break.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I have great FF4 synergy, so the CM wasn't so bad. I used:

Edge -- Dismissal, Hydroburst -- No SB (needed a water attack for mastery)
Kain -- Lifesiphon, Dragoon Jump -- BSB
Ceodore -- Lifesiphon, Magic Breakdown -- BSB
Edward -- Affliction Break, Fullbreak -- Hastega SSB
Palom -- Curaja, Shellga -- Hastega Medica
RW: Wall or Onion BSB (forgot which...)

Ceodore's BSB is almost like having a 2nd healer on the team, and with affliction break and 2 haste SB's, the bosses debuffing wasn't much of an issue.

As for the FF5 CM, forget about it, my FF5 synergy is in the toilet and it was hard to even beat that one regular style for me.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
75 Mythril worth of luckies was fair.

Imperil - SSB's for Balthier (Fire) and Edea (Dark). My only imperils are already for these elements, and I have BSB imperils. Extra 10 MAG for Edea (very strong BSB) is the takeaway.
Medica - Yuna SSB2 (curaga + 2k hp stock) is nice to add to her BSB2, Relm SSB (dupe), Yuna USB (curaga, reraise, last stand, haste), Penelo USB (instant, phys blink, 2k hp stock). Definitely adds to full throttle capabilities for Yuna and Penelo (both with BSB MAG/MND buffs)
BSB+ - Exdeath (imperil dark, lols), dupe Tidus CSB, Vaan OSB (full throttle/finisher with his BSB), Lenna USB (ATK/MAG/RES buff, 3k hp stock).

Basically for 75 mythril, I got a lot of healing stuff and two different stacking buffs. For 5 disco balls I didn't get much, but sheer quantity of relics was a great value @ 75 mythril.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
4 pulls on this banner since it was, by far, the best one for me. Only 6 / 45 (100 gem in there too) but very good quality.

Yuna USB - Yuna had my first group heal and she's relevant again.
Kuja OSB
Quistis BSB
Garnet BSB
Cid Raines BSB
Y'Shtola BSB

I lost track of how many pulls I made for cat girl's BSB but I fin got it. I have Vanille's already so it isn't as big a deal as it used to be but, together, they have the two strongest healer bursts.

Totally out of Mythril now though. But I wasn't planning on the other banners.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Those are some high quality pulls, especially if it was all new relics. I'm waffling hard about doing a pull on banner1 or not. Possible 3 grand prizes, 3 dupes, and a bunch of average'ish quality for me if I pulled... still deciding.

I wish these games didn't ridiculously overprice the paid pulls. If it wasn't 30$ per pull (at risk of something like 1/11 dupe) I'd pull multiple times on banners 1, 4, and FF6 part 2.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users