Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ok, Sephiroth mastered. Bloody hell that took more team tweaks and strategy changes than any fight to date, for myself at least. Setup that mastered it for me:
Roaming Warrior: Eiko's USB
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Orlandeau{/td}
{td}Gaia's Cross{/td}
{td}Demonsblood{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vaan{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Steal Power{/td}
{td}BSB, Piercing Blow{/td}
{td}Ace Striker{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Alphinaud{/td}
{td}Meltdown{/td}
{td}Protectga{/td}
{td}BSB, Deployment Tactics{/td}
{td}Knight's Charge{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yuna{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Shellga{/td}
{td}USB{/td}
{td}Lionheart{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yshtola{/td}
{td}Curaga{/td}
{td}Magic Breakdown{/td}
{td}BSB, Wall{/td}
{td}Dr Mog Teach{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Video: Sephiroth Crisis Mastered

So the way the fight went:

Orlandeau sets up retaliate tanking with Gaia's Cross + Demonsblood, then uses his BSB to dps, refreshing taunt / retal as needed, but making sure to wait on the 2nd use of Demonsblood until later so it's still up in phase 4 (I didn't want to hone it past rank 1).

Vaan did debuff stuff with BSB, Piercing Blow, and Steal Power from the backrow (dived for gun use).

Alphinaud used Radiant Shield SSB in the early part of the fight and was the guy to call in the instant RW medica/haste after dispels #1 and #2. When phase 4 began, he refreshed Radiant Shield, then went into burst mode to help burn the boss.

Yuna with the Lionheart RM was able to use her last stand medica a bunch this fight, and she machine gunned her last stand medica non stop for the final phase (Lionheart RM is godly here).

Yshtola opened with Wall, then she used Magic Breakdown (Vaan needed time to charge his first BSB cast, then he took over breaks from there). I think Yshtola only had a chance to use one BSB this fight, since she was busy casting Wall. I went one or two phases with no wall at all, but with this teams higher dps and Orlandeau negating most of the single nukes via retaliate, it was alright.

So in short, I dropped Tyro for Orlandeau to raise dps and was able to beat the enrage check in phase 4, mastery obtained. This was my first time really using Orlandeau even though I've had his BSB for a few months. Maybe he should join the fun more often.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok, Sephiroth mastered. Bloody hell that took more team tweaks and strategy changes than any fight to date, for myself at least. Setup that mastered it for me:
Roaming Warrior: Eiko's USB
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Orlandeau{/td}
{td}Gaia's Cross{/td}
{td}Demonsblood{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vaan{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Steal Power{/td}
{td}BSB, Piercing Blow{/td}
{td}Ace Striker{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Alphinaud{/td}
{td}Meltdown{/td}
{td}Protectga{/td}
{td}BSB, Deployment Tactics{/td}
{td}Knight's Charge{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yuna{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Shellga{/td}
{td}USB{/td}
{td}Lionheart{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yshtola{/td}
{td}Curaga{/td}
{td}Magic Breakdown{/td}
{td}BSB, Wall{/td}
{td}Dr Mog Teach{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Video: Sephiroth Crisis Mastered

So the way the fight went:

Orlandeau sets up retaliate tanking with Gaia's Cross + Demonsblood, then uses his BSB to dps, refreshing taunt / retal as needed, but making sure to wait on the 2nd use of Demonsblood until later so it's still up in phase 4 (I didn't want to hone it past rank 1).

Vaan did debuff stuff with BSB, Piercing Blow, and Steal Power from the backrow (dived for gun use).

Alphinaud used Radiant Shield SSB in the early part of the fight and was the guy to call in the instant RW medica/haste after dispels #1 and #2. When phase 4 began, he refreshed Radiant Shield, then went into burst mode to help burn the boss.

Yuna with the Lionheart RM was able to use her last stand medica a bunch this fight, and she machine gunned her last stand medica non stop for the final phase (Lionheart RM is godly here).

Yshtola opened with Wall, then she used Magic Breakdown (Vaan needed time to charge his first BSB cast, then he took over breaks from there). I think Yshtola only had a chance to use one BSB this fight, since she was busy casting Wall. I went one or two phases with no wall at all, but with this teams higher dps and Orlandeau negating most of the single nukes via retaliate, it was alright.

So in short, I dropped Tyro for Orlandeau to raise dps and was able to beat the enrage check in phase 4, mastery obtained. This was my first time really using Orlandeau even though I've had his BSB for a few months. Maybe he should join the fun more often.

I have Orlandeau BSB and r2 Demonsblood, how often did Retaliate proc?

Then I don't have a last stand medica, I'll bring Eiko USB RW, but do you think Yuna's last stand was crucial?

Thanks for the tips again, I like the working together to cheese the bosses part of this game :)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I have Orlandeau BSB and r2 Demonsblood, how often did Retaliate proc?
All of his single target stuff can be taunted/retaliated, and all of his aoe stuff ignores retaliate. He does plenty of Sudden Cruelty throughout the fight, so a decent chunk of damage can be removed or mitigated with a draw attack tank. Here's all of his attacks and phases (copied from the reddit AI thread):
Moveset (>80% HP: Default):

Attack (PHY: deal 110% physical damage to one target)
Sudden Cruelty (PHY: deal 266% physical damage twice to the target with the highest HP %)
Meteor (BLK: deal 390% magical non-elemental damage to all targets)
Hell's Gate (NAT: deal 300% physical damage to all targets)

Moveset (80%-60% HP: Weak):

Dispel of Despair (NAT: remove all positive status effects and all positive stat changes from all targets)
Shadow Flare of Despair (NAT: 303% chance to deal 70% current HP damage to all targets)
Sudden Cruelty (PHY: deal 266% physical damage twice to the target with the highest HP %)
Attack (PHY: deal 150% physical damage to one target)
Flashing Blade (NAT: deal 159% piercing physical damage twice to all targets)

Moveset (60%-40% HP: Very Weak):

Dispel of Despair (NAT: remove all positive status effects and all positive stat changes from all targets)
Blizzaga (BLK: deal 150% magical ice damage to all targets; instant cast)
Thundaga (BLK: deal 150% magical thunder damage to all targets; instant cast)
Quake (BLK: deal 198% magical earth damage to all targets; instant cast)
Octaslash (NAT: deal 206% physical damage to all targets)

Moveset (<40% HP: Critical):

Flashing Blade (NAT: deal 153% piercing physical damage twice to all targets)
Octaslash (NAT: deal 206% physical damage to all targets)
Octaslash of Despair (NAT: deal 300% piercing physical damage to all targets)

Attack Pattern (100%-80% HP):

Turn 1: Attack
Turn 2: Attack
Turn 3: Attack
Turn 4: 50% Attack / 50% Sudden Cruelty
Turn 5: Sudden Cruelty
Turn 6: Sudden Cruelty
Turn 7: Meteor (every 4th turn from now)
Turn 8: Hell's Gate (every 4th turn from now)
Turn 9 onwards: 50% Attack / 50% Sudden Cruelty

Attack Pattern (80%-60% HP):

Turn 1: Dispel of Despair
Turn 2: Shadow Flare of Despair
Turn 3: Attack
Turn 4: Attack
Turn 5: Meteor (every 4th turn from now)
Turn 6: Sudden Cruelty
Turn 7: Flashing Blade (every 4th turn from now)
Turn 8 onwards: Sudden Cruelty

Attack Pattern (60%-40% HP):

Turn 2: Blizzaga
Turn 3: Thundaga
Turn 4: Quake
Turn 6: Octaslash (every 4th turn from now)
Turn 7: Sudden Cruelty
Turn 8: Meteor (every 4th turn from now)
Turn 9 onwards: Sudden Cruelty

Attack Pattern (<40% HP):

Turn 2: Octaslash of Despair
Turn 3: Sudden Cruelty
Turn 4: Flashing Blade
Turn 6: Octaslash
Turn 7: Sudden Cruelty
Turn 8: Flashing Blade
Turn 9: Sudden Cruelty
Turn 10: Octaslash
Turn 11: Sudden Cruelty
Turn 12 onwards: Octaslash of Despair

Then I don't have a last stand medica, I'll bring Eiko USB RW, but do you think Yuna's last stand was crucial?
The last stand portion of her USB never procced on my winning attempt, so Yuna's Last Stand wasn't a key element, but what was important was the haste part of it, since Yuna's medica was the only aoe haste on my team. If you have haste from another source, then any healer could fill that role fine. Eiko RW covered my phase 2 and 3 haste, Yuna's USB was my phase 4 haste, and I think I did phase 1 with no haste at all (was painful, but doable).

I did have some last-stand procs during phase 2 and 3, but those last stands were from the Eiko USB RW, not Yuna. P4 I used a medica every round from a healer, so no one died.

Edit: Another tip: Once phase 4 starts (after the third dispel) there's no more magic damage, so you can ignore refreshing shell or magic breaks and focus more on dps/healing. Keep up those physical breaks though, since most of the damage in p4 is piercing.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Edit: Mastered in 53.05 seconds and there's probably a little room to improve it. Used a Holy team, I don't think you should use an Omega team if you have a decent elemental team.

Orlandeau: BSB (OSB works too, I don't have it)
Agrias: OSB (I miscliked and used her BSB first which was also good)
Edward: BSB (Large Attack Boostga, Imperil Holy)
Y'Shtola: BSB
Tyro: SB (Wall)
RW: Eiko USB

When you queue up the two Holy DPS SBs, timed right you can skip a dispel. I fucked up and ate all 3 dispels, however I knew the SBs would trigger dispel so I could use Asylum before for a bubble then queue Wall and Shellga right behind them and mitigate the followup attacks to the dispel.

I actually didn't have haste in P1 or P4 since the RW was my only source. Triple Holy Imperil into two Agrias OSBs sorted out P4 though :)

tmp_12915-Screenshot_2017-06-29-16-48-59-1152529067.png

tmp_12915-Screenshot_2017-06-29-16-42-22-1772779817.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanks! I think basically, if you take two healers you slow down dps to the point that you take more damage over the fight and so need two healers. It was really manageable with just the one healer and Eiko USB RW.

This isn't Omega where you get FUCKED every turn, Tauntaliate gets rid of half the damaging turns.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Went the full tank route and got mastery using Deployment Tactics. Most of the fight comes down to the transitions, but 2 1/2 BSB healers basically cheats through it:

Relm: Some Cure / Shellga, BSB
Vaan: Power Breakdown / Mug Bloodlust, BSB
OK: Full Break / Wrath, BSB haste bot
Y'shtola: Wrath / Memento of Healing, Wall bot
Vanille: Some Cure / Protectga, BSB + occasional DPS

RW: Deployment Tactics.

Basically out tank Sepi until he dies, with Vaan and occasionally Vanille doing minor DPS. His HP isreally low, so I can definitely see full aggro line ups just smacking him in the face with OSBs and BSBs to get around his phase 3 shinenigans.

Spent my final 50 mythril on P3 banner and got... 2x Orlandeau SSB... hasn't been an amazing fest pull wise for me, Kain BSB is probably the only thing that was in my want list that I got.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Banner 4:
2/11 -- Relm BSB (new), Vaan BSB (dupe)
1/11 -- Relm BSB (dupe)
2/11 -- Cecil USB (new), Ramza USB (new)

I really wanted Terra USB, but after those three pulls, the banner is now like 8/12 potential dupes, so I have to stop. Ramza's USB was on my wish list anyway, since it pairs with Onion's BSB for an extremely potent buffing setup, so the only grand prizes I'm missing are Terra USB and Fujin BSB.

Supposedly Terra's USB comes back next festival, which is right before magicite dungeons release, and magicite dungeons are the reason I wanted Terra's USB anyway. 100 mythril leftover in reserve, which I'm going to try to save until next festival (pulling on all luckies though).

I might do a single pull on Cloud's USB banner, but maybe not... I have only 1 old relic for Cloud, so even if I got his USB, I can't really use it to it's full potential natively without his BSB2 anyway.

My Ramza is now only missing his Chant relic, so he's almost perfect. I think I'll legend dive him soon for his buffing LM, which goes great with most of his soulbreaks.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bought 1 and 1/3 pulls.

Got Rufus SSB x3, Cait Sith BSB, Vincent SSB and... Cloud USB!!!

If you don't know, the USB is broken.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone else feel that Fests have too much content?
I procrastinate on so much of the content, so some of my problem is self-inflcted (running those 8 or 10 bosses in quick succession was a lot to beat the timer, and just the day after the VI event ended with all its battles and raids), but I've burned out on several Fests to where once I didn't even get all the free fest mythril from completing each orb stage.

By the end of most Fests I'm ready to not log in for a week.

On the relic pull front, I did two immediate pulls: first contained just Barrett's Pentabreak (my first Pentabreak!), and second gave me another single relic - Cloud's USB. Game over, game. As I was about to give up on 100 mythril pulls due to a string of bad luck, I drew Warrior of Light's Holy Chain and Fran's Imperil Ice USB. But with Cloud USB, what's the point of relics anymore?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well its very good as a RW (its probably better as a RW) on physical characters, so you can stack their own SBs on top. I've seen some disgusting things with Orlandeau on YouTube.

The upcoming magicite dungeons don't allow RWs so your own is ideal, it's also a time attack so you'll want that Imperil Ice for the Fire Dungeon.

Then you have absorb Dark/Wind fights!

Broke 100k damage in one move already with a double Boostga and 3 stacking armour breaks into Full Charge for 120k!

I have Cloud almost fully legend dived now and that alone is a huge power boost.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I only had enough Mythril for one 11x pull and zero relics on the banner. I went 3 / 11 with bursts for Cloud, Sephiroth and an SSB for Rufus. I missed out on the grand prize but it's still a good pull.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Chris Chris Whats your friend code? I don't think I have you on my list and would like some more Cloud USBs as RWs. Thanks.
Wasn't even thinking about RWs, still had Onion Knight BSB up!

9Knv

Have fun! If anyone wants it let me know if my followers has hit the 100 limit and I'll delete some.

Kinda sucks that there's nothing to use it on since I already cleared everything except the FF10 Torment Cid Mission I'm waiting to reappear...

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I finally beat 300 Bahamut with 2 characters from III. I had to abuse Cloud's USB and it still took some work and tweaking to get right. Essentially I created a group to maximize Cloud's damage and let him go to town. I used:

Cloud with his BSB2
Arc for heals
OK with Full Break and his BSB
Ramza with Armor Breakdown, Shout and Chant
Zidane with his BSB

So I used Zidane to stack imperil and buffed myself with all the attack boosts. Then Cloud used the USB RW and started into Bahamut. Cloud cycle was hitting for over 25k each hit and hits 8 times.

Not a fun fight but I'm glad it's done now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just guessing here, but probably soon? I'm just a few motes away from fully record diving Celes, so.

Of note but not related, I'm only two RM3s away from having ALL if the random drop RMs. Just need to finish Reks and Devout, who is almost level 80 now her RM is being so stubborn haha. Going to be awesome when I finally feel no pressure to farm those and I can just start bringing my favorite characters to dailies as I get them to 99.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh they will always add more RMs though, in JP they have Rude, Eleanor, Kiros, Ward, Umaru, Meliadoul, Type Zero Cast, FF15 Cast, FF4 after years characters, FF14 and FF11 side characters, Mobius female character, FF4 fire fiend, FF13 NORA, FFTA cast...

Then there's the new ones they will inevitably add such as Ultimecia or Genesis, endless side characters like Wedge and Biggs, Bravely Default...IT'LL NEVER END.