Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The new raid content releases on Thursday (trivial version) and Sunday (apocalypse version). Monday and Wednesday's usually have no new content, so those are nice, slow nights to get together for this kind of stuff.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Few things:

I personally just love raiding with others. Just like EQ, it's more fun with others instead of solo. I'd love to see even more content that is co-op instead of just the MPs. Even if we're clearing just d80 content, it's both more fun (imo) and more stamina efficient as a group. In terms of want vs. need, I've cleared *any* content solo when I just couldn't tolerate the connection issues with the exception of that d300 apex guy (nemesis, iirc)... which leads me to -->

Connection issues. What the fuck is wrong with their servers? As I said in my previous comment, doing pugs is horrible. It's not so much that you're dealing with inepts as much as the lag, connection, dropped members or other horrible crap. When there's a d220 afoot though, besides the obvious lag issues I just mentioned, you just run into imbalanced parties incapable of winning on top of all that.

If you two, Sinzar and Mures, are game and possibly know a dedicated fourth member to join up... let's do it. How would we keep in touch tho?

Blog statement: My last like, fifteen 100 gem pulls have yielded garbage LoL... I'm soooooo due for something decent here soon.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Connection issues for the most part are only an issue for people using older model phones. If you play on an emulator, or have a high end phone, connection problems don't exist. The lag (not the same as a connection problem) is based on who's hosting. Again, someone on an emulator (aka a full powered PC) hosting the multiplayer battle means there's minimal lag for everyone (after they connect), but players using a potato phone to host means everyone in that room has 5+ second input delay.

When I do MP on my phone (an older model) I'm lucky if I can connect to one battle out of five, and hosting is a lost cause. When I connect or host on my emulator, it's always completely smooth and I never disconnect (on my end at least, I still have to deal with shitty hosts when I don't feel like hosting myself because I don't want to pay the tripled stamina cost).

When me and Mures did it we used a voice channel on the FoH discord to talk in real-time which made coordination and in-battle strategy very easy.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
^^^ Was just going to post that Sinzar beat me to it. Even if we don't get a 4th it would be easy to fill as we could probably yield any important pieces we may need.

Did 3 pulls on the tactics banner. Got 3xAgrias bsb and 3xRamza lm, was going to be pissed if I didn't get Ramza usb or new bsb to go with it, but I did get the bsb on the third pull! Sucks I didn't get any of the usb's, but that bsb makes its all worth while to me as I never got a platinum sword so super stoked to finally have that buff in my arsenal.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Well that's surprising to hear as I have a Galaxy s7... obv not top of the line *right now* but clearly a high performance phone... due to this fact I always assumed it was on their (dena) end.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, mine is just an s5, but same no issues outside of multiplayer so I always assumed it was on their end, and I suppose it may be, but lots of ppl have multiplayer connection issues on their phone.

Chris

Potato del Grande
S5 is a nightmare, I've had to solo some battles including the multiplayer superboss.

Pulled om the banner even though I said I wouldn't. Got Agrias USB so waifu complete I guess - she's already dived with BSB and OSB. I wonder how best to use her?

Healthfood

Golden Squire
I was really tempted to pull but sitting right at 50 mythril atm.... with the DU lucky draw coming next week can't afford to drop any :|. Still need that cloud USB!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Went through and cleared all magicites again with the half-stamina event and ability buffs. Surprisingly, a few of my clears weren't really improved by the buffs because either I wasn't capping anyway, or I use mostly soulbreaks / BSB commands.

Mist Dragon, Fenrir, and Hydra saw virtually no change in clear times or strategy because I use almost entirely BSB or soulbreak + battery spam.

My Golem and Bismark clears basically stayed the same, but gaining 1 extra use of summons (Tiamat and Valigarmanda) per battle did remove the RNG that sometimes Alphinaud or Ashe wouldn't take damage and enter burst mode before summon hones ran out, so that was nice, even if it doesn't speed it up any.

On the other hand, Liquid Flame and Sealion saw a big boost in clear times because for those battles I rely on mostly ability spam that was capping pre-patch. Liquid flame especially is LOL now because with Bartz USB and Tidus CSB I cap the water chain at 200 hits, which means Bartz is dealing as much as 140,000 damage per round with triplecasting Quadstrikes + chase... it's glorious. The buffs to Fires Within let me swap Refia's role on Sealion from using her weak BSB1 command to only using the BSB to get en-fire then chain casting 40k fires within, which really speeds it up.

Then there's Shadow Dragon, which I still can't get under 30 seconds.... I seriously need some heavy hitting holy relics, but I think my decision to skip this current FFT banner will pay off in the long term.

I've for the most part phased out Yshtola from my magicite teams. I try to bring Aphmau (party instacast medica) or Sarah (Allegro) as my healer for magicites because they add a lot of dps through their buffs. The only ones I still use Yshtola for are Bismark and Mist Dragon because the incoming damage is so high that I need the raw healing power. If I dived Sarah for doublecast, she could completely replace Yshtola I think, but I don't want to dive a second healer just yet (if her dive is even released yet?)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm down to do the raids this week. The easier solo versions of Mateus were annoying enough that I don't want to try the raid solo. What night do you guys want to do it?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Perfect time for me, I'll be there.

Some info for this weeks boss: Resistant to every element, so sticking with non-elemental DPS is easiest, but if we wanted to coordinate an elemental team that would be a stronger option. Water or Wind chain + imperil with big hitters like Cloud, Bartz, or Tidus can really destroy stuff.

Astra and affliction break is very helpful on this boss, and even with both of those I still recommend slow resist accessories.

Some of the useful units I could bring are:

Vaan -- all debuff relics (SSB, BSB, USB), but not legend dived
Yshtola -- Full legend dive + wall
Bartz -- Full legend dive + USB + highly honed spellblades (if we go elem chain team)
Ramza -- Full legend dive with Shout and USB
Faris -- USB2 (imperil wind + atk/mag break stacking)
Tidus -- Water Chain + BSB2, but not legend dived

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i have a lot of options for wind. i have Zack's chain and imperil wind BSB, Luneth's USB and SSB, Zidane's USB and OSB, Alphinaud's BSB, Fujin's BSB...

for water all i have are Tidus' chain and BSB1, and Rikku's imperil water BSB.

my best non-elemental DPS option is probably my fully LD's Squall with BSB2.

otherwise i have Larsa with his status blink BSB, Y'Shtola w/ BSB and Wall fully LDd... lots of other strong stuff but nothing that stands out in particular for this fight.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
How many healers would you say we need?
I can bring Ramza for boostega and some entrusting if we go a physical elemental route(also have dps options for both elements alternatively) and Relm for ls.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Just my personal opinion here, but I think for most MP fights the perfect balance would be something like:

3 healers -- 1 Yshtola with wall, 2 non-Yshtola healers with a utility medica (Last Stand, Astra, Blinks, etc)
1 haste/boost support -- Usually Ramza or Onion, they also do Fullbreak and Affliction Break (when relevant)
1 debuffer -- Vaan, Setzer, Faris, etc. Just someone who can do the usual breakdowns + some stacking relic breaks
1 chain or imperil user -- Water or Wind chains synergize with the current meta dps the most
2 pure dps -- The current "top" dps right now (with usb+dive): Cloud, Bartz, Tidus. If the boss has no physical attacks: Edge and Shadow (their dps drops a ton if they have to keep re-applying their blinks)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Okay, can do 9est Wed! Some spaces I can fill sufficiently:

Non-Wall Ysh, but full LD or full LD Aeris and all her good SBs + LM (she lacks utility but her group heal proc is pretty cool)
Ramza or OK both with important SBs
Faris with both USBs + full LD (she can be the imperil wind too)
Cloud with USB + full LD (my best dps)
Bartz with USB/BSBs + full LD
Tidus with USB + full LD

Plug me into whatever situation fits and/or is needed!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Just throwing together a potential lineup from the last few posts, something like this would work:

Sinzar: Bartz (USB + Snowspell) -- Yshtola (Heal, Shellga, Wall)
Vanessa: Bartz (USB + Snowspell) -- Faris (Power Breakdown, Magic Breakdown, USB2)
Pharmakos: Zack (Chain + BSB) -- Larsa (Heal, Wrath, BSB)
Mures: Ramza (Fullbreak, Afflictionbreak, Shout) -- Relm (Heal, Protectga, LastStand)

Vanessa's backrow Faris could use a bow. That lineup gives wind chain, two different users of wind imperil, and huge amounts of wind hits with 2x Bartz using USB, so the chain will cap at 200 for crazy damage. Larsa can spend most of the fight wrathing into BSB casts to keep the annoying statuses away.

Anyhow that's just an example team thrown together from what was posted.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just throwing together a potential lineup from the last few posts, something like this would work:

Sinzar: Bartz (USB + Snowspell) -- Yshtola (Heal, Shellga, Wall)
Vanessa: Bartz (USB + Snowspell) -- Faris (Power Breakdown, Magic Breakdown, USB2)
Pharmakos: Zack (Chain + BSB) -- Larsa (Heal, Wrath, BSB)
Mures: Ramza (Fullbreak, Afflictionbreak, Shout) -- Relm (Heal, Protectga, LastStand)

Vanessa's backrow Faris could use a bow. That lineup gives wind chain, two different users of wind imperil, and huge amounts of wind hits with 2x Bartz using USB, so the chain will cap at 200 for crazy damage. Larsa can spend most of the fight wrathing into BSB casts to keep the annoying statuses away.

Anyhow that's just an example team thrown together from what was posted.

yeah that looks great. those are the two chars i was going to offer to run anyway.

not sure how long the fight will last with all that DPS. you think i'm better bringing Dr. Mog/Mako Might or Ace Striker/Battleforged?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
dungeon updates keep getting smaller and smaller =/

also -- 1/11 on the Lucky Draw, Lightning's ancient all-targets SSB.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user