Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I had high hopes going into this festival because I figured my bad luck was out of the way from the parade draws. NOPE

Pull1: Seifer LMR
Pull2: Seifer CSB, Raines BSB (dupe)
Pull3: Elarra LMR x2
Pull4: Ramza CSB, Beatrix BSB, Seifer CSB (dupe)
Pull5: Raines BSB (dupe), Seifer LMR (dupe)
Pull6: Elarra BSB, Ramza CSB (dupe)
Pull7: Tyro LMR, Ramza CSB (dupe)
Pull8: Elarra USB

So 400 mithril to get that stupid healing USB, but at least I got it in the end. That's just how I roll, saving up for months then going full retard chasing single meta relics. I had grand plans for the other banners but after that rape I'm taking my remaining 400 mithril, doing MAYBE one pull on banner 3, then putting the rest towards making Bartz god tier again in a few weeks on his newest upcoming event.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Took out Diamond Weapon D350 with mastery, but damn he was rough. I tried at first to go with a typical team and rely on Alphinaud to open the core, but that was way too slow. What ended up working was:

Onion -- PowerBreakdown, MagicBreakdown -- mUSB
Alphinaud -- NeoBahamut, Leviathan -- BSB
Rydia -- Bahamut, Ogopogo -- BSB1
Hope -- Madeen, Alexander -- BSB2
Elarra -- Curada, Allegro -- USB

Magicite: Octomammoth (M) -- Evrae, Evrae, Garuda, Gizamaluke

I just loaded up with all summoners that had summoner BSB's and pretty much ignored the core mechanic and stayed full on dps the whole fight. Because everything was summon flagged, it just naturally knocked him back into core phase each time it closed.

This was first fight I used Elarra with her new toys, and she definitely made me feel like the chase was worth it.

Video of my clear: Youtube Link

Will try Emerald weapon tomorrow, but I need a break for now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pull 1: Vanille BSB dupe
100 Gem: Orlandeau USB
Pull 2: x2 Ramza CSB, Ellara BSB and LMR

Got what I wanted, my FFT Holy Physical team is pretty amazing. Just lacking Ovelia USB for the Torment coming soon.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Mastered Emerald D350 weapon too. This one felt way harder than Diamond Weapon, but with double healer I was able to sustain the incoming damage. Team was:

Elarra -- Curada, Shellga -- USB
Yshtola -- UltraCure, Protectga -- BSB
Papalymo -- Meltdown, ChainFiraga -- BSB, OSB
Ashe -- ChainThundaga, Valigarmanda -- BSB

Magicite: Ixion (M) -- Evrae, Evrae, MomBomb, Garuda

Video: Youtube Link

I decided to ignore the small eyes he spawns and focus down the boss. That means they kept draining my hones, but it didn't matter since my DPS were using their BSB's to damage instead. Because of the nonstop infinite onslaught of AoE's and counterattacks, not to mention the extra hits per round because of ignoring the eyes, you have tons of soulgauge, which lets you do medica's almost every other round.

Supposedly Emerald Weapon is the hardest of the 5 weapon bosses we're getting this festival, so feels good to master him.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Took out Diamond Weapon D350 with mastery, but damn he was rough. I tried at first to go with a typical team and rely on Alphinaud to open the core, but that was way too slow. What ended up working was:

Alphinaud -- NeoBahamut, Leviathan -- BSB
Rydia -- Bahamut, Ogopogo -- BSB1
Hope -- Madeen, Alexander -- BSB2

Magicite: Octomammoth (M) -- Evrae, Evrae, Garuda, Gizamaluke

I just loaded up with all summoners that had summoner BSB's and pretty much ignored the core mechanic and stayed full on dps the whole fight. Because everything was summon flagged, it just naturally knocked him back into core phase each time it closed.

This was first fight I used Elarra with her new toys, and she definitely made me feel like the chase was worth it.

Video of my clear: Youtube Link

Will try Emerald weapon tomorrow, but I need a break for now.
I managed to improve your build to full cheese, you can actually do this battle without getting hit at all other than Diamond Flash at the end of the core phases. That means that Magic/Power Breakdown can be dropped since they only weaken the counter attacks only they trigger, if the timing on opening the core is off then Magic Blink/HP Bubble from Rosa and ~380 Defence & Protect will let you survive one attack.

Screenshot_2018-06-25-21-50-11 (1).png

So if anyone wants to try this you start with Edward/Onion Knight using the Haste/Boostga RW, summon, summon, summon and Wrath on the healer. The core will open without any other attacks happening so you can stay on low health, you just need to Wrath to a heal during each core phase, which is much easier with Ace Striker/Battleforged.

The three summoners NEED a BSB with a summon attack or you WILL run out of hones (I had Alphinaud BSB1, Garnet BSB1, Rydia BSB2), they just spam summons until their BSB then spam the BSB. Timing around the core closing/opening needs some practice, you don't want to wait too long before 2 or the BSB will wear off without having enough SB bars to recast, you also don't want to start a BSB cast at 0 and be too late or normal cast at 1 and be too early. With quick casting from SBs or Allegro Con Moto you can start casting at 0 and be fine.

The support ideally should be able to cast two stacking Boostgas, Edward is perfect since his SSB and USB are stacking medium magic boosts with stacking quick casting. Onion Knight can do the job too with his mUSB and BSB, but the BSB has no quickcasting. The RW fits into this rotation as it's the same buff as Onion BSB and Edward SSB.

The healer and support need two max level Wraths unless you are using a BSB like Vanille's, my healer had about two possible USB casts left at the end so there's little leeway. The healer having HP Bubble is really important if you mess up core timing so you have some health left to soak a hit, something like a Blink or Last Stand is really good too.

Magicite I had 4/5 max inherited with 4 Water Boon, 2 Holy Boon, 3 Magic Boon, 1 Fast Act, 1 Surging Power. 1 Health Boon, 1 Blade Ward for defence. Octomammoth Ultra Skill worked well with Rydia BSB having Water Imperil.

This strategy is a pain and takes a lot of time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Nicely done, good writeup! I'm loving the challenge of these bosses. Do we get new weapons tonight, or are they spacing it out more? In any case, I'm looking forward to Zeromus in a few days.

Edit: New weapons on the 26th, so every 2 days. Booo.. lol

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Against my better judgement, I went for one more pull on Fest 1 because even though the risk was really high with only 3 non-dupes, the reward was still really high too. Was totally expecting to do a 1/10 with a worthless dupe relic.

Instead I got Ramza CSB (one of the 3 non-dupes) along with Orlandu USB and Raines BSB which are both +ele weapons, even if Raines is somewhat niche.

STILL no landu lmr or superwall htough.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Definitely spent all my luck on Fest 1, the big freebie pull just now was 5 SSBs (mostly not even useful for CMs) and the disco was a dupe of seymour's CSB.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My free 8 draw:
pic.jpg

Machina USB -- I needed more earth options, and synergy for FF0, this was good
Zidane LMR -- Good for CM, +wind armor, this was good
Cecil BSB2 -- lolcecil
Gogo (6) SSB -- total trash
Vivi SSB -- dupe
Irvine SSB -- trash
Kuja SSB -- en-dark relic, and +dark armor, this was good
Balthier SSB -- en-fire relic, +fire armor, I already have like 7 +fire armors, so whatever

On the whole I think I did alright here, even though it was mostly SSB's. Two +element gears I needed and a useful USB. No complaints.

Sidenote: I went back to Tiamat magicite, where previously my best time was 53 seconds. My new Tiamat clear time is 24 seconds, and it was super easy (compared to my old team). Thanks festival!

Last edited:

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Two dupes in my 8 pull Relm usb, my 3rd, so a 216 mind stat stick and gabranth ssb.
Picked up:
Ceodore bsb
Beatrix bsb
Desch lmr
Aphmau lmr
Scott lmr
Alma ssb

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My draw:

Screenshot_20180625-214256.png

Mostly meh but hey, it's free. Only dupes were Ramza BSB2 and that FuSoYa relic.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow, game crashed literally as I was casting the killing move on Emerald Weapon. Will update with team when I do it again after work, but I found it much easier than Diamond Weapon. Bring 2 healers and kill the eye.

The team was Shantotto and Vivi Trance Dualcast Rape.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
8D92AA3F-339C-40E2-A1EA-204DF6B83CE4.jpeg

Very happy with mine. Only dupe was Fang’s SSB and even that wasn’t the worst since it’s wind armor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Dumped all of my measly 150 Mythril into the Fire banner

1/11 - Terra BSB2
1/11 - Locke USB2 (already have his USB1)
2/11 - Terra USB and Lucke USB2 dupe

I've wanted that Terra USB forever. Really was hoping for some Gilgamesh stuff, but I suppose I did okay despite nothing for him.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I also have chased Terra USB many times and always missed it. I was gonna do a pull or two on this banner, but after going crazy on banner 1 I'm forced to skip in order to save for future plans.

As for tonight's superbosses, Sapphire and Ruby weapons felt easier than the first two, but I'm sure it's based on everyone's available relics. Here's videos of my two D350 kills:

Sapphire Weapon: Youtube Link
Ruby Weapon: Youtube Link

For Sapphire Weapon, I used:

Onion -- Wrath, Wrath -- mUSB
Yuna -- UltraCure, Shellga -- USB1
Rinoa -- Meltdown, ChainStonega -- SSB, OSB
Maria -- Chain Blizzaga -- BSB

Magicite: Ixion (M) -- Midgardsormr, Firemane, Evrae, Evrae

This was the harder of tonight's two bosses. Onion did nothing but wrath into his mUSB over and over for the quickcast on my dps. Elarra and Yuna healed, alternating medicas as needed. Yuna's USB medica applies party haste, so she timed hers to always land right after the dispel. Rinoa did her en-earth SSB then used a few OSB's in between earth spells. Maria used her old, but still extremely powerful BSB.

For Ruby Weapon, my team was:

Shelke -- Entrust, QuickHit -- no SB
Fujiin -- PowerBreakdown, MagicBreakdown -- BSB
Elarra -- Curada, Allegro -- BSB
Raines -- DireHeal, Wrath -- BSB
Alphinaud -- Meltdown, UltraCure -- BSB

Magicite: Unicorn (M) -- Tiamat, Phantom, Gizamaluke, Evrae
RW: Haste + ATK/MAG buff

This boss is entirely piercing or gravity, so don't bother with wall or shell/prot. You need to have only 4 members alive before his tentacles come up, so I brought in Shelke (dived) to instantly entrust a soulgauge to Elarra, then instantly call the haste RW, then she killed herself with QuickHit. My kill started off super messy because of an unlucky confuse proc early, then I screwed up the targetting to cure it, but once I stabilized from that it was pretty easy from there. Fujiin's BSB helps break the bosses mag/res for my mage team, while Raines and Alphinaud just dps with their BSB. I used Elarra's BSB for this fight instead of her USB because it gives last stand and for the medica command. Because everyone on the team was using only BSB commands, all of the skill drains did nothing.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Busted mythril and got elara usb and nothing else, but holy hell its a really strong usb - hype was justified even compared to relm/aphmau/eiko usb. Took down sapphire and diamond so far, got kind of lucky with diamond only running Rydia with her bsb + dual cast summons. Tidus chain + edge doing his ninja things was sufficient damage, though I had to break him 4 times. Sapphire was standard tank and spank with tyro debuffing / wall + elara healing.

Will have to finish the rest much later - these take quite a lot of time.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I picked this back up again after a little over a year off. I dumped all my stash into banner 1 and got Orlandeau USB, Ramza Chain,Tyro USB, and Elarra USB.

Right now I still rely on Vann BSB entry to beat most hard fights. I am not sure what can replace that effect for me. I was able to beat the D260 Chaos fight!

I am not sure exactly how to use Ramza's chain, since I still need him to shout. I have both of Beatrix's BSB's, so I think I can build a strong team. I am just not sure how to exactly build the team.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I picked this back up again after a little over a year off. I dumped all my stash into banner 1 and got Orlandeau USB, Ramza Chain,Tyro USB, and Elarra USB.

Right now I still rely on Vann BSB entry to beat most hard fights. I am not sure what can replace that effect for me. I was able to beat the D260 Chaos fight!

I am not sure exactly how to use Ramza's chain, since I still need him to shout. I have both of Beatrix's BSB's, so I think I can build a strong team. I am just not sure how to exactly build the team.
Turn him into an entrust bot? Entrust and Wrath, start with should, two wraths, CSB, two wraths, entrust, two wraths, shout.