Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
That may be a good plan.... while I did get Vincent's chain from the Parade, and technically thats easily worth the 75 mithril all by iteself, the rest was a bunch of meh. The lucky's weren't very kind to me either.

Speaking of bad draws, let me share my garbage 40 relic draw:

unknown.png

Yeah, that's right. Two dupes and lol Gabranth LMR.

If I don't have better luck on tomorrow's banner 2 then..... well then I'll be sad and keep playing anyway.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I pulled on a few of the parade draws, but skipped a lot because it drains all your mythril before the fest. I did end up pulling two more times on that tactics banner a few weeks ago because it had a lot of nice relics, but Alma usb was the only 6* I got.
Chain banner got me only Vincent dupe.
Ultra lucky banners netted me Yuffie, Seven, Faris usbs.
40x Sephiroth Awakening, Heavy class dark cloud usb, Hilda, and Balthier, the awakening is dope and no dupes is nice.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider

Four pulls:

* Noctis Awakening, Cloud Glint, Zidane Arcane
* Squall Awakening, Noctis Arcane, Squall LMR
* Squall Awakening (dupe), Zidane Arcane (dupe)
* Cloud Awakening, Deuce LMR

Like jeez, that was amazing (other than the third pull). Almost every top tier relic on the banner. Only missed Zidane awakening, but I've now got his ASB to go along with his USB, so still, amazing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Since I find these D350 dream bosses pretty fun and just the right amount of challenge without being annoying, here's my clear of D350 Baku with 2 off-realms:

* Quina (not dived) -- Entrust, Wrath -- USB
* Faris -- Storm Assault, Affliction Break -- CSB
* Bartz -- Snowspell -- USB1, Awakening
* Eiko -- Curada, Dispel -- USB1
* Zidane -- Slash/Dash, Mug Bloodlust -- USB2

Magicite: Lakshmi
RW: Wall

Quina started with her USB for buffs, then she entrusted Bartz so he could get his combo going, then she summoned the magicite and fed Eiko.

Faris did the chain, Bartz and Zidane dpsed. With Quina giving him a gauge, Bartz got his USB1 + Awakening combo going pretty early.

Eiko dispelled turn one, then just healed, using her USB to re-haste/heal after the dream aeroga removes haste.

Zidane and Eiko are in slots 4 and 5 to eat the early trance-activating attack. The superattack later in the fight is handled with Eiko's last stand.

Not bad overall, but I brought in two off-realm heavy hitters so that's why.

I put in some work on wind weak Odin with the new Cloud stuff I got, but still having problems sigh. It's just that it takes so long to get multiple soulbreaks active without an entruster, and I just can't fit an entruster. I may put this one on hold until the FT draw where I can get Cloud's USB1, which honestly seems like it's better than his awakening on this fight.

Think I'll try the fire weak Odin next.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I put in some work on wind weak Odin with the new Cloud stuff I got, but still having problems sigh. It's just that it takes so long to get multiple soulbreaks active without an entruster, and I just can't fit an entruster. I may put this one on hold until the FT draw where I can get Cloud's USB1, which honestly seems like it's better than his awakening on this fight.
Oh no, I just got Cloud's Awakening scraping together mithril from the gifts and new event.

Are you using two healers?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Oh no, I just got Cloud's Awakening scraping together mithril from the gifts and new event.

Are you using two healers?
I've tried a few setups, none successful yet so it's very possible I'm just doing it wrong and maybe Cloud's awakening is amazing here if used differently.

Anyway, my best team has been:

Zack -- CSB and imperil BSB
Bartz -- Awakening and.... some combo of USB1, USB2, or BSB (wind).... not sure yet which is best pairing
Cloud -- Glint+ and Awakening
Eiko -- USB1
Relm -- USB1

Part of the problem is that you need both hastega and dispel, and none of the classic wind dps can slot in dispel or banishing strike, which means you basically require a double healer setup, unless you go 1 healer with dispel+haste equipped, leaving them unable to actually cast anything except soulbreak's, which would require an entrust battery..... then you're back to 2 slots for healers anyway (effectively).

Even with Zack's chain, Bartz awakening can't break rage when it's at level 3, and sometimes not even when it's at level 2. Because it takes SOOOOOOO LONG to get two soulgauges, even with lifesiphon, the boss is always at rage3 when the real dps starts. Cloud with Glint+ into Awakening (putting him at 3 en-wind stacks with his LMR) can trivially break rage, even at rank 3.

Once Cloud's awakening wears off, that's basically game over. I can't re-cast it, and I can't reliably remove rage anymore.

The obvious answer is to just win before the 15 second awakening mode runs out.... but if I don't use Cloud's awakening really early in the fight, rage goes to 3, which is near impossible to survive. So I use Cloud awakening asap while Bartz is busy filling his gauge, eventually Bartz gets his real dps online during the last few seconds of Cloud's awakening, I chunk a lot of health off the boss, then Cloud awakening fades, boss goes to rage 3..... GG

Nearly all the videos of the wind odin use Cloud USB1 + en-wind stacking. When Cloud's USB1 is about to fade..... they just re-cast it. That means Cloud always breaks rage with every attack through the entire fight, leading to a victory.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Nice pull Pharm, I'm jealous!

Here's a quick overview sheet of the 8 different Odin's (based on their weakness), which shows some of the primary hurdles you need to plan around for each. It's helpful to me when planning teams and maybe it could help some of you:

---
Fire
---
needs imperil (60%)
uses sap

---
Ice
---
needs dispel (once)
needs imperil (40%)

---
Thunder
---
needs dispel (once)
needs imperil (20%)
uses petrify, stop

---
Water
---
needs dispel (once)
needs imperil (40%)
uses sap

---
Wind
---
needs dispel (once)
needs imperil (20%)

---
Earth
---
uses stun, paralyze

---
Holy
---
needs imperil (40%)
uses dispel, sap, sleep

---
Dark
---
uses doom, silence, blind
frequently reduces doom timer

The "needs imperil %" shows how many times the boss casts null element. For example, if the boss casts null water twice in the fight, then needs 40% imperil is how much needed to negate that. More imperil of course is even better.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Shelke has a dispel SSB you can buy, I wonder if that's viable if Dispel won't slot anywhere?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Shelke has a dispel SSB you can buy, I wonder if that's viable if Dispel won't slot anywhere?
:emoji_thinking:

That's actually not a bad idea.... I'll have to think about it but that would free up the skill slot on the healer so I could single healer it + use entruster to feed the dps..... hmm.....

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider

Piece of shit fight I swear. I guess you can't do this stupidity if you don't have some ASB's to finish the last phase in like 5 seconds.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
So I tossed the dice on Banner 2 and got Noctis woke relic. It seems... odd, and by odd, I mean kinda bad and only because the effect doesn't match his previous soul-breaks and materia. WHY is it not dual-cast combat abilities but instead fire/earth/lightning abilities? He's set up for using Combat most efficiently.

So how do you guys think it's best to play Noctis with his woke relic? I have a bunch of his stuff too btw: both glints, SSB, Burst, Ultra, and dualcast combat legend materia and he's fully dived and fully maxed on crystal water. He's a beast but I can't wrap my head around the design choice for his woke relic :(

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
So I tossed the dice on Banner 2 and got Noctis woke relic. It seems... odd, and by odd, I mean kinda bad and only because the effect doesn't match his previous soul-breaks and materia. WHY is it not dual-cast combat abilities but instead fire/earth/lightning abilities? He's set up for using Combat most efficiently.

So how do you guys think it's best to play Noctis with his woke relic? I have a bunch of his stuff too btw: both glints, SSB, Burst, Ultra, and dualcast combat legend materia and he's fully dived and fully maxed on crystal water. He's a beast but I can't wrap my head around the design choice for his woke relic :(

Because combat is a bad school without elemental coverage that doesn't have a place in hard content.

All his prior relics are useless in any sort of content the game has been putting out for years and the devs finally sacked up and did it.

Play him as a monster DPS on fire, earth, or lightning teams. He has superb ability access now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
still making my way around the 5* Magicite wheel, have PHY/MAG both beaten for Thunder, Water, and Fire so far. did pretty alright on draws recently -- Zidane's Awakening that i SS'd above. Terra's Awakening off of a single pull on her banner. Larsa's USB1 finally the other day, after using his BSB for my Astra needs til now. Penelo's PBlink USB, after using Arc SSB for all my PBlink Medica purposes til now. Glints and LMRs for some characters i actually use -- Tidus Glint, he's my CSB user and i have his Brave USB, but he's a quick enough character that i think i can maybe squeeze in some Glint casts too. Orlandeau's new LMR, been using him a lot since buying his USB in a USB Select earlier this year. Serah's LMR, have her CSB already. have both Vanille's Glints, seems like it might actually be viable to run her with both those in fights that require a lot of Hastega recasting. so yeah, 2x Awakening alone is pretty cool, but nice garnishes lately too. :)

Chris

Potato del Grande

Fire Earth Lightning... so use him as a Fire Samurai, Earth Heavy or Lightning Dragoon. Lightning Celerity is fine too but that's more about building SB gauge quickly when you want to be paying off the Awakening you can only use once.

Like Yamikazo said, Combat school has been useless for a long time, non elemental attacks don't build bonus SB gauge in torments or hit weakness in torment/magicite. That means that most of Noctis' past SBs are useless.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
That means that most of Noctis' past SBs are useless.
Exactly! That's why it's so painful I pulled that instead of any other woke relic :p

Yes, I agree with this and THAT'S why the woke relic is bad. Or rather, the relic and effect is damn good but Noctis's old stuff doesn't jive with it to make him top tier. Getting that relic feels like he went the direction of Jecht... he's not completely effective now because his stuff feels "off". Had the rest of Noctis's character stats been about multi-element it'd pay off. That's why Bartz is so damn Godly... he was designed from the get-go to be a multi-element badass but Noctis was non-ele and combat so Omega Drive and crits and bubble-shields was his strength.

Just feels like he's a jack of all trades guy and master of none where if his woke relic was tailored for non-ele 100% crit and infinite / dual-cast combat he'd at least be the non-elemental king! Which, yes that matters dick-all for magicites but I DO like having a couple of solid non-elemental guys like him and Master in my pocket for those specialty fights.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The way to run Noctis in current content is:

Glint -> Awakening -> Arcane2 just before awakening ends

That will decimate everything fire/thunder/earth weak

For fire you want the 6* Samurai skill.
For thunder, you need to wait two weeks for the 6* celerity skill (don't waste your resources on 6* dragoon trash).
For earth use the 5* heavy 8 hitter + grand charge, or wait a few months for the 6* heavy earth skill.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Exactly! That's why it's so painful I pulled that instead of any other woke relic :p

Yes, I agree with this and THAT'S why the woke relic is bad. Or rather, the relic and effect is damn good but Noctis's old stuff doesn't jive with it to make him top tier. Getting that relic feels like he went the direction of Jecht... he's not completely effective now because his stuff feels "off". Had the rest of Noctis's character stats been about multi-element it'd pay off. That's why Bartz is so damn Godly... he was designed from the get-go to be a multi-element badass but Noctis was non-ele and combat so Omega Drive and crits and bubble-shields was his strength.

Just feels like he's a jack of all trades guy and master of none where if his woke relic was tailored for non-ele 100% crit and infinite / dual-cast combat he'd at least be the non-elemental king! Which, yes that matters dick-all for magicites but I DO like having a couple of solid non-elemental guys like him and Master in my pocket for those specialty fights.

Different perspective:

He's a jack of all trades and wrecks face for Odin in 3 elements, can be your primary DPS in 3 magicites, and is a king no matter how you build your FFXV torment team. This is his first relevant soulbreak ever and singlehandedly allows you to use him in end-game content as one of the more versatile units around.

His awakening fixes him. He was the worst protagonist in the game and this was a long time coming.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fucking tinybee'd 2.0 saved up enough for 2 pulls did both on banner 4 hoping to get any of the awakenings and only 6* was Yuna ASB.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Odin down! (Ice Weak version)

* Shelke -- Entrust, Wrath -- (no SB)
* Bartz -- Snowspell r5, Lifesiphon -- USB2, Awakening
* Elarra -- Ode to Victory, Hastega -- USB1
* Laguna -- Icy Offering -- CSB, USB1
* Squall -- Lifesiphon, Dispel -- Glint, Awakening, BSB2

* RW: Fabula Mage
* Magicite: Mateus (main), Manticore, Phoenix, Madeen, Madeen

I stalled for a long time early in the fight while I built up multiple soulgauges on Bartz, Squall, and Laguna (with help from Shelke). Once everything was ready, I did:

* Laguna did CSB into USB1
* Squall did Glint -> Awakening -> BSB2
* Bartz did USB2 -> Awakening

Then it was on. I junctioned with Squall, then he did command2 every round for 14-21 hits of 14k-20k damage while Bartz did 160k-220k or so per turn as well. Fabula Mage was used twice in the final phase along with the finisher attack from both Bartz USB2 and Squall Awakening which gave me enough burst to go the distance. Also, Squall being able to cast dispel is amazing. I laughed at him having white3 access a long time ago. Never again!

Now to figure out four more versions I can beat so I can get those sweet accessories and sell off the other resist gear I've got saved.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users