Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Got it down! Thanks guys. 1:14:02.

Ended up going with Elarra and Tyro with mako mights and dropping Ingus. I can definitely get sub-60 on follow-up runs. Literally beat it the first time I lived through the first 10 seconds and made some later mistakes (Bartz paralyzed for full 15-20 seconds lol) and non-optimal enrage breaks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got it down! Thanks guys. 1:14:02.

Ended up going with Elarra and Tyro with mako mights and dropping Ingus. I can definitely get sub-60 on follow-up runs. Literally beat it the first time I lived through the first 10 seconds and made some later mistakes (Bartz paralyzed for full 15-20 seconds lol) and non-optimal enrage breaks.
That's a brutal clear time, well done!

Status effects always target the same slots so you can either put someone expendable in that position (Tyro), your healer since they have more mind and it'll wear off faster (very risky, if the status is Stop it'll wear off instantly though), use the correct blink status or beat the phase before the move happens.

Healers can use Ultra Cure to remove most debuffs too, though there's probably only one boss I do that on. I usually deal with it some other way.

If you move Bartz he won't be paralysed again.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Am I trippin or was God Wall removed from the anima USB selections? I just got over 1k and was looking to pick that up (finally...) but the summuma biotch is gone. Dafuq?

Guess I'll pick up Vivi's USB then unless anyone has some suggestions for some underrated USBs a lot of people overlook.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Guess I'll pick up Vivi's USB then unless anyone has some suggestions for some underrated USBs a lot of people overlook.

any elements or anything you're weak in? do you have instant cast healer USBs with magic blink? with physical blink? with last stand? with status blink? (stretching there haha) how are you on coverage for faithgas and boostgas? who's your waifu and who's your husbando?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Am I trippin or was God Wall removed from the anima USB selections? I just got over 1k and was looking to pick that up (finally...) but the summuma biotch is gone. Dafuq?

Vivi USB is probably the best USB if you are struggling to clear Magic Magicites, it's designed for Fire but I used it on off elements too - notably for Ice damage on Typhon.

Maria and Palom have the same doublecast effect for Earth/Lightning but Vivi's trance enables triplecasting.

Shanttoto has a witch doublecast for Lightning but I also used her as Ice DPS. Edea has the Ice witch Doublecast. Witches are limited to two elements though.

If you can't clear any Magicites then Rosa USB with Instant Heal/MBlink is great for avoiding some of the more brutal attacks with imperil or statuses.

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Tyro USB3 is added to the anima shop on the next shop update, due approximately around november'ish.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
any elements or anything you're weak in? do you have instant cast healer USBs with magic blink? with physical blink? with last stand? with status blink? (stretching there haha) how are you on coverage for faithgas and boostgas? who's your waifu and who's your husbando?
I don't choose based on favs because I love too many FF characters to have a favorite or two... I basically just play where the most powerful relics fall in my lap. Currently its Sephiroth and Tifa with their awakenings... holy fuck are awakenings OP or what? The only other woke relic I have is Noctis but he's not specialized enough to blow my mind dmg-wise... he's too jack-of-all-trades and just so so.

Vivi USB is probably the best USB if you are struggling to clear Magic Magicites, it's designed for Fire but I used it on off elements too - notably for Ice damage on Typhon.

Maria and Palom have the same doublecast effect for Earth/Lightning but Vivi's trance enables triplecasting.

Shanttoto has a witch doublecast for Lightning but I also used her as Ice DPS. Edea has the Ice witch Doublecast. Witches are limited to two elements though.

If you can't clear any Magicites then Rosa USB with Instant Heal/MBlink is great for avoiding some of the more brutal attacks with imperil or statuses.
Been extremely lucky with healer USBs... sans a few select realms like I (Sarah), II (Minwu), X (Yuna), all my healers have great relics... most of the best USBs too. Have had 0 complaints with RNG and this game to be honest; whether that's divine luck or merely ingenious coding by the devs to give players their carrot more than other RNG games I can't say... I just know my relics aren't the problem with content, it's ME and my skill :p I'm legit just a bad gamer.

I'd go with Maria over Vivi's if she had a better legend tree (cuz my earth mages are a super weak link)... but the triple cast is just too amazing to ignore with Vivi so I'm thinking his USB is what I'm gonna grab.

Tyro USB3 is added to the anima shop on the next shop update, due approximately around november'ish.
But was it ever in the shop? I am nearly positive it WAS purchasable when it was first released.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You guys are nuts! If you want a mage USB for general purpose, Palom blows away both Vivi and Maria.

Maria is specialized in earth, and has no dualcast, she's the worst
Vivi's dive is specialized towards fire, and he only has dualcast after you jump through hoops to activate his trance (and it's gone after it fades, which happens on 30+ second fights).

Palom has dualcast for everything naturally in his dive, so it's always active no matter what, without any extra headache. His dive also applies to ALL black magic, not just one element.

Go for Palom USB if you need a mage powerhouse.

Edit: I'm referring to natural dualcast, which becomes triplecast while the USB is active (for Palom and Vivi..... poor Maria)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Palom USB isn't selectable, I looked just now :/

-edit- oh and also, Yes Vivi's dualcast is low hp hoop jumping that is only 30 seconds but unlike all other legend tree abilities, it's HIGH chance to proc, not moderate!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Oh, Palom USB isn't in the shop? Well that sucks :(

Vivi's is probably the next best thing, and he's still really good.

I haven't bought anything from lenses yet. I'll probably buy Edge SSB from the T1 lenses, but other than that I'm not really sure yet what I want.

I'm waiting until the patch on Wednesday before I spend any time working on the other 7 Odin's. Once I start putting in serious time on them I'll be able to better determine the holes in my teams and maybe use Anima lenses to help out.

I'll be doing the full throttle draw Wednesday too, and if they're available, I'll do all eight elemental draws as well.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Did the 8 elemental banners, and the FT draw. Recorded a video of all the pulls Here

Here's the list of the non-dupes I pulled (didn't keep track of dupes, but there were a ton):

Raijinn BSB -- Raijin Special
Cinque USB -- Whirling Mace
Ward BSB -- Massive Anchor
Maria OSB -- Kerplode XXXII
Gabranth BSB -- Innocence
Tifa BSB -- Rolling Blaze
Cater GSB -- Trine Shot
Fang LM -- Cocky Comrade
Kimahri GSB -- Aqua Landing
Lightning USB -- Dangerous Beauty
Gaffgarion USB -- Unholy Sacrifice

Cloud USB -- Ultra Cross Slash
Cloud ASB -- Sonic Braver
Aeris USB -- Hidden Bloom

Last three were the FT gift selection, not actual gacha pulls.

When I have some time to sit down and grind it out, I'm going back to wind weak Odin. Pretty sure he's so dead now that I've got the Cloud tools. Will also do lightning weak Odin when the 6* skills get added tomorrow.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I bought the Bartz set and got the AOSB, not sure if I'm doing the Elemental Luckies though. I'm bound to get a bunch of cheap.

I should be able to beat Odin with two Awakenings, two AOSBs and the right chain.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah Earth Odin beaten on first try with Bartz AOSB! Had a bit of luck with triple/quad/quint casts but I'm sure I could optimise my sequence of actions better.

Ellara USB after Odin does first AOE damage. Then Aeris USB after his 9999 Attack. Refresh as needed with Fabula Priestess filling in gaps.

Healers have 6* Health accessories to get them over 9999 since I only have 2 Health Boons, everyone else earth resist. Healers actually have small resist armors.

Bartz and Cloud lifesiphon into Awakenings, Zack triggers chain and Aeris Magicite just before they are ready. I've tried without Lifesiphon in the past and it's too slow to deal with the enrage, this way every enrage is dealt with effortlessly. Zack does BSB when he can.

When Awakenings end it's just about the final phase, Cloud does USB1 into AOSB and Bartz does wind BSB into AOSB. I wonder now if Bartz could do his BSB before Awakening as his damage is 5k less than Cloud's.

Was about a 38s clear.

SBs:
Cloud: AASB, AOSB, USB1. LMR1.
Bartz: AASB, AOSB, wBSB. LMR1.
Zack: CSB, BSB.
Aeris: USB2.
Ellara: USB.

Gear:
x2 Wind Boost for all 3 DPS.

Magicite Inheritance:
Syldra x2 Dampen Earth
Typhon x2 Wind Boon
Pheonix x2 Blade Ward
Pheonix x2 Spell Ward
Madeen x2 Attack Boon

Magia:
100 Health for Aeris/Ellara
100 Mind for Ellara
100 Attack for Cloud/Bartz
Then partial magia for Zack's Attack, Cloud/Bartz Wind Damage and Aeris' Mind.

Full Crystal Waters.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So hard to pick on the Full Throttle draw. Only FF1, FF7, and FF13 don't have a dupe for me. I'm real tempted to do FF4 even tho I have both the Cecil relics, just for Rosa USB.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
but yeah i guess i should type up at least a bit more than that

@Nite1

that first 95% of the game i mentioned, largely the best thing you can do is put together what used to be known as a "Holy Trinity" team and just go to town -- the Holy Trinity being a combination of

1. Boostga/Faithga Soul Break (generic terms the Reddit community has given to +ATK/+MAG Soul Breaks ((oh yeah and speaking of Reddit the one for this game is insanely good and loaded with information, find the FAQ .PDF! http://www.reddit.com/ffrecordkeeper)) SBs that give party haste used to be included here before Hastega existed as an ability
2. Mitigation (Protectga+Shellga+"Wall" (Wall = SB with combination +DEF&RES see: Equipment_Rarity 6_Divine Veil Grimoire currently known as "Godwall" because it combines all three of these PLUS Hastega!))
3. Group Heal Soul Break (preferably an instant cast USB heal)

for most of the content you'll be doing, tho, the Roaming Warrior (RW) system can easily replace one or two of these. "Godwall"/Divine Veil Grimoire that i mentioned is one of the best RWs since it saves so many "slots" here. also really good is Hyper Mighty G, Rikku's USB which switches the +DEF/RES "Wall" portion of Godwall fora combination +ATK&MAG.

also super important in this portion of the game are abilities and soul breaks that debuff the enemy. first are the 3* "Break" abilities in the Combat school, then the 4* "Breakdown" abilities in the Support school. finally there is the 5* Support ability Full Break which is like all the 4* Breaks glued together AND also stacks with them, meaning you get benefit from using both still.

then of course you need abilities and soul breaks that just straight up do damage, but that portion of the game is a lot easier to figure out. basically whoever you get a good Ultra or Awakening Soul Break for, focus on abilities that they can use. the Soul Breaks you have available to you almost completely dictate what damage abilities you should be creating, it is hard to give generic advice here as it is with the other abilities. you should bring Full Break and either Power Breakdown or Magic Breakdown to every fight (Power or Magic depending on what types of attacks the boss uses mainly), if not BOTH Power and Magic.

so yeah, your first goal should be getting one set of 5 characters to level 99, broken down roughly like:

Damage dealer
Damage dealer
Damage dealer
Support
Heal

depending on the Soul Breaks you get you may end up running a character that is more of a combination Damage+Support for some of your damage slots.

your next goal alongside getting a group to level 99 is to put together the abilities needed to beat the Nightmare dungeons reddit: the front page of the internet you used to be able to beat these well before level 99, but they do require specific abilities to be able to do, so i'm unsure how quickly you can get to them starting fresh today.

unlock those and you can start doing Magicite dungeons. Support abilities don't work in the first two difficulties of Magicite dungeons, which is why some people will tell you that Support abilities don't matter much anymore. they absolutely do still matter for you, and will for the majority of the content you have available to you, i'm not sure why so many veterans give this particular bit of advice to newbies. Support abilities even start working again at the 5* difficulty level, meaning there's a total of 14 bosses where you don't want to bring Support.

i think that's the general outline for how you'll spend your first few months at least. crack away at Realm dungeons, level up, make abilities, and ask us which banners are good to pull on! :) tho if you want to spend your mythril on your favorite characters / games instead do it, i'm always a proponent of fanboy pulls.

Great post here. As an example, the party I use (and have had a ton of success with) is
Orlandu (Damage)
Agrias (Damage)
Paladin Cecil (Damage)
Ramza (Support)
Either Tyro (Heal) or Marche (Damage) depending on whether I'm fighting difficult bosses or just rolling over dailies or something.

I went all-in on FF Tactics banners for weapons which is the main reason this party works so well. Orlandu is just a great character no matter what though. This party is also heavily Holy-based, and Agrias has a soul break (Divine Ruination) that lowers Holy resistance. I use that a couple times on boss fights, then shred the boss with the other characters.

Ramza is an ideal support character because he can use both Full Break and gets some tremendous buff SBs like Shout and History's Truth.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20190725-202546_FFRK.jpg

While I'm at it, I haven't played this for a bit, so I have a couple questions:

-I've got quite a few empty slots there. Looking at my party screen, what should I be working on first? Finishing Nightmare dungeons (I did about half of them before)?

-This Kingsword on the latest banner for Cecil would be a huge help for me and I've got 650 mythril laying around. Should I go for it, or is there another upcoming draw that I should go all in for? It's worth noting that the sword has Last Stand and I don't have anything with that yet.

-The party screenshot in an early post had everyone with 9xxx HP. Mine are well below that, so chances are I still have some big improvements to make even at level 99 with 40ish Magi levels on everyone.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 216629

While I'm at it, I haven't played this for a bit, so I have a couple questions:

-I've got quite a few empty slots there. Looking at my party screen, what should I be working on first? Finishing Nightmare dungeons (I did about half of them before)?

-This Kingsword on the latest banner for Cecil would be a huge help for me and I've got 650 mythril laying around. Should I go for it, or is there another upcoming draw that I should go all in for? It's worth noting that the sword has Last Stand and I don't have anything with that

Use your mithril on the 15 mithril realm and elemental banners, dont pull on 50 mithril banners until those are exhausted. Keep a reserve as we get new 15 mithril banners (Lucky Draws) periodically, at least once every 3 months.

You can pick up some really good relics with Anima Lenses from Realm Dungeons, Edge has a SSB with Instant Haste/Last Stand/Physical Blink. There's a list on reddit somewhere.

Cecil Sword is nothing special, dont build only one team. I have one team per realm and two per element minimum. You got a good FFT and Holy team there, Orlandaeu/Agrias/Ramza/Marche is the best for both of those plus a healer, start working on another element or realm.

For endgame you want Elemental Chains, Awakenings and Arcane Overstrikes. USBs, Record Materia and Glints can be useful.

Your parties should have a source of Protect, Shell and Haste, Tyro has a USB that does all that and an extra Defence/Resistance boost that'll carry you through all of the events and early content and is in Anima Lenses. You also need an Attack or Magic boost.

Do Event Dungeons (as much as possible) -> Realm Dungeons -> Record Dungeons -> Powerup Dungeons for regular content.

Endgame is Magicite Dungeons and Torment Dungeons, Nightmare Dungeons is needed to unlock Magicite and Mote Dungeons are practice for Magicite. Try and do the second Black Magic Nightmare for Meltdown, I think the other abilities are mostly obsolete now.