Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
Rule of thumb: lv40 is the minimum I'll take since with Synergy it's basically lv50. However every event usually has enough eggs to get them to lv50 anyway, I love things like Tifa because I already have her at lv50 so all those eggs get stockpiled for Lightning/Sazh.

anyone got a good list on must have RM vs not so much? finally about to start giving a shot at them, but dont want to waste stamina if need be.
Black Mage 2/White Mage 2/Summoner 2 refill both abilities by one between rounds and are good for Boss Rushes/Trash, NOT the ++ extra bosses though.

Yuna 1 increases Healing.
Vivi 1 & 2 increases Magic Damage.
Balthier 1 is Auto-Haste.
Tidus 2 increases Limit Break charging if someone has a useful Limit Break.
Josef 1 gives +10% Strength for your Retaliator (may be better than SOLDIER Strike +10% Sword Damage from Cloud 1).
Josef 2 turns attack into a free weaker Double Cut.

Bard 2 turns attacks into an weaker AoE. Situational.

The rest is pretty much filler.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Without a doubt the most important RMs to get are WHM, BLM and SUM RM2. Those are all game changing.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Cyan's RM1 is 10% katana damage. Very important if you have decent katanas for Sephiroth. Also, Tyro RM2 for 20% "weakness" damage. Especially good for spellblades as -aga black magic hits 9999 against weakness for most players but spellblades often fall a little short.

Oh, and if you're over 400 attack use the +10% damage from swords/katanas. If you're under 400 attack use Josef RM1. Over the soft cap Josef's only adds about 5% but under it it does about 20%.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Considering most of the challenging content is Boss Rushes or Mega Bosses, I disagree with this.
OK. You've challenged my assertion. Now back it up with evidence to support your own.

The biggest challenge in the Boss Rushes is ability management. When you go 4 or 5 bosses in a row you need to be able to reach the end with enough abilities to seal the deal and finish. While it's nice that you get a free Elixir after beating each boss that only restores charges to a single ability for each character and it's random so you might not get the optimal recharge. Using the ability restoring RMs I can keep going for a lot longer and be a lot more liberal with my ability uses. In this game the best defense is a good offense so the faster things die the less damage I take and the more medals I earn.

With BLM RM2 and Rank 5 GA spells I'm able to burn about 6 uses even on the earliest bosses (and they're usually dead long before). Of those 6 ability the idea is to use 3 of ability 1 and 3 of ability 2. Between RM2 and the Elixir, I'll be going into the next fight with 10 charges of 1 ability and 8 charges of the next. So this fight I can burn 3 charges of ability 1 and 1 charge of ability 2 and still break even at the end of the fight. Using BLM RM2 and SUM RM2 on the Mage Path Boss Rush I was able to do an enormous amount of damage to the bosses and go into each fight with nearly full charges of my abilities.

WHM RM2 is just as useful for trash clearing. Protectga on the first round of hard trash plus a Curaga on the final round of each wave to top someone off and I'll make it to the end without actually losing a single ability use. Or I can swap Protectga for Diara to help kill stuff faster (which is what I was doing for the Mage Path of Tifa's event).

I will concede that these are useless on the bonus boss battles. That's not even up for debate since it's a single round. For those fights you want to min/max and use better RMs. I won't deny that. But I still say that the BLM, WHM, and SUM RM 2 are game changing. They trivialize so much in the game.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Both Boss Rushes done and Mastered. The Mage one was MUCH easier for me actually. I used a setup similar to what I described above so was able to make liberal use of my abilities. It wasn't even challenging for me.

The Knight path was much harder actually. I seem to be an oddball because most people seem to be reporting opposite results. I had Carbuncle loaded and that helped a ton on the last boss. I think in hindsight the boss that caused me the biggest issues was the Dragon. It's not that he was hard but I should have S/Led when my Intimidate kept missing. Instead I ended up burning too many ability uses on him which made the rest of the rush much more difficult than it had to be. I'm not going back to prove a point since I mastered it though.

Currently going back and finishing the last few Elites I have left. 1 in XIII, 1 in VII and the new ones from IV. Once I finish the XIII one I'll be at 118 Stamina. I'm guessing we'll get the bonus boss fights for Tifa's event tonight (tomorrow at the latest) and Lightning probably won't land until Mondayish. That should give me plenty of time to finish this all off and actually get caught up with all of the dungeons and still take advantage of Sunday Exp Day (Josef is only high 30's and I don't want to burn eggs on him).

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I had the opposite experience, I got bad rolls on Ethers and ran out of steam for Bottomswell and had to burn a mithril rather than start over. Doesn't help that I just don't have a lot of mage gear. The Knight's Rush on the other hand was cake for me.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
For bottomswell just poison him, sleep him, and pass to victory. Takes 2 abilities but sleep also trivializes the 3rd fight as well. That lets you SG the first 2. That rush is a total joke.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What's the highest level dungeon you folks have completed, and what's your party's levels? Personally just cleared a bunch of 49's that were absurdly easy other than the range-requirement bosses. 65 Baltheir, 65 Vivi, 60 Yuna, 55 Paladin Cecil, 55 Tyro. Getting Tryo's crystal was a pretty big deal. Some level 43 dungeon. The 63 variant would give me Cloud's.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Without a doubt the most important RMs to get are WHM, BLM and SUM RM2. Those are all game changing.
I think that this is overstated.

On trash waves I may use Protectaga if it's very high level, so WHM2 allows you not to hone it. I also need Protectaga and now Shellga on Boss Rushes so WHM2 allows you not to hone here too. I tend to find that I don't need to heal (much) if I mitigate properly so you won't need the extra Curaga charges and it's easy to hone.

Some people use Quake/Summon/Summon on trash waves so they need BLM2 and SUM2 to do that, however I just use Boost/Retaliate - it's a superior method since you are not waiting for a specific character to charge first. On a Boss Rush I've only ever used Retaliate other than this Tifa Event, so BLM2/SUM2 are not necessary but could be in the future if there is hard trash or high def enemies?

I would suggest picking up WHM2 ASAP if you can't hone your Protectaga/Shellga once each. The others you don't need, but i did have a blast using Black Magic on the Mage Path Tifa Boss Rush and BLM2 allowed me to use unhoned Thundaga/Thungaja and put my honed stuff on other characters.

They are useless for the single wave final bosses.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
WHM RM 2 isn't as useful as BLM RM 2. I'll also concede that in order for SUM RM 2 to be useful you need a couple of Summons that are Honed fairly decently. I mentioned before that I created and Honed a Shiva to Rank 3 just for the Mage Path of Tifa's event. I also Honed Mist Dragon to Rank 3 as well. I have no regrets doing that because they are extremely strong. Summons do a ton of damage and they are great at trash clearing. With SUM RM 2 to recharge it all trash has become a joke and I still get a ton of uses on a boss. Like I said, a big part of the challenge of this game is getting to the boss with enough gas in the tank to finish it off. WHM, BLM, SUM RM 2 makes that a lot easier.

I'm now at 118 Stamina with 4 shards. The last one I'm missing is the Elite Bahamut fight. I actually did the IV Boss Rush first and that was quite the challenge. The only Elites I have left to complete is the Bahamut fight, the IV CPU fight and a VI fight (Sky Dragon which I heard is brutal). I have a team of all 65's and a number of characters in the 50's to swap in and out. I don't care about "wasting" experience when doing the hardest content. I go in with my A Team to get it complete and Mastered.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well you are using Mage Meta and I am using Retaliate Meta, so our opinions will differ.

None of that is helping you beat the single wave final boss though.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Rydia, Yuna and Garnet are all summoners. You don't need to give them healing spells and mind gear.
I wasn't around for Garnet's MC.

My bona fide black mages are Quistis (yeehaw whip!), Vivi, Rydia, BLM. Not a whole lot of choice for mage meta/summons, though it looks like we'll be getting some good mages here in the next few weeks.

Comparing my team to successful folks on Reddit, I have enough abilities and hones to theoretically get through, but my shit luck has left me without relics. Hoping that Lightning's 23+ items treat me well, at least give me some combined RS weapons and armor.

Upcoming QoL update looks great. Also, oodles of free Mythril via Recruit a Friend.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I wasn't around for Garnet's MC.

My bona fide black mages are Quistis (yeehaw whip!), Vivi, Rydia, BLM. Not a whole lot of choice for mage meta/summons, though it looks like we'll be getting some good mages here in the next few weeks.

Comparing my team to successful folks on Reddit, I have enough abilities and hones to theoretically get through, but my shit luck has left me without relics. Hoping that Lightning's 23+ items treat me well, at least give me some combined RS weapons and armor.

Upcoming QoL update looks great. Also, oodles of free Mythril via Recruit a Friend.
No Yuna, Aerith, or Garnet?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
No Yuna, Aerith, or Garnet?
No Aerith. No MC to break Garnet's level cap/equip RM. Yuna is my go-to WHM.

Beat Blue Dragon. Took everything I had - BLM RM2 saved my ass clearing trash (though running Quake meant I ended the fight with 0 ability uses), Shellga realllllly would've helped since I took Red 13 RW for the DPS boost. Quistis with Devotion/SB whip makes a very nice second BLM. Cloud with SOLDIER Strike, Retaliate, Mental Break, Zantetsuken, and Mythril Helm was good. Squall I had shit equips for, but Power Break and Thundara Strike worked. Yuna had R4 Curaga and Dark Buster (would've been much easier with something like Kirin in second spot - I thought the boss would use more physical attacks). 200k hp and break resistant, what a bitch. Slowga isn't the big reward that other events seem to offer, but it's a milestone.

Sunday I plan to level up Josef and Rydia. Josef's RM1+2 should both prove useful, and Rydia is as close as I have to a third-rate black mage/summoner. Getting deep into Tifa's event will require a third BLM after Vivi/Quistis. I overpower the mid game, but the end game is on the verge of impossible. Farm, farm, farm, hope to get lucky.