Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Despite my frustration with lack of 5 stars recently, I'm still enjoying it.

I got lucky early on with a bunch of Danjuros and a Zantetsuekn (which I combined with the freebie they gave us). So I never really needed to rely on VIT0 too much and could complete most fights legit.

The replacement to VIT0 doesn't really have a sexy name but here's how it works. You want Lunneth as your Roaming Warrior with Advance. Give your best melee Retaliate. I'm going to say Cloud from now on but it could easily be Sephiroth or someone else capable of using Retaliate. You cast Boost on Cloud and then have Cloud hit Advance and Retaliate. Now everyone attacks Cloud (double cut works best) and you'll be landing 6 to 8Kish hits on the opponent. Not quite as good as VIT0 which guaranteed 9,999 hits but it's easy to set up and still does great damage. The downside is there aren't many Luneth's with Tyrfang out there so you have to do some digging to find them. I beat Edea with Quistis and Selphie under-leveled with the method.

Right now I'm trying to get the Summoner Record Materia 2. Been doing the daily all day today with him in my group and it hasn't dropped. I need orbs though so I'll continue to pound away at it.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah there aren't enough Luneth with Tyrfangs out there for me to go through the effort of reloading my RWs for the right one. I'm just gonna accept I'm not mastering the ++ for awhile.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
The replacement to Vit0 does have a sexy name. Superboost! At least that's what the subreddit community's been calling it. Anima with Luneth RW is stupid easy because you can have it all set up before he even comes out by just carbuncling through the first seymour and taking your time. Seymour does no damage with group reflect up.

There's been several threads on the subreddit for sharing Luneth friend codes. They fill up fast because people are catching on but it's worth keeping an eye out for.

Enob

Also, the trick to getting out of easy Vit0 mode and adjusting back to how the game is meant to be played is concentrating on ability honing. Trust me, I'm one of those dirty cheaters that fell behind on farming. Farm the dailies you need to get all relevant 3* abilities to R4 or R5 and you can beat everything this game has ever thrown out so far. Prioritize dailies over content and only clear content on days you don't need orbs for. In 2-3 weeks you'll be back to clearing everything no problem. I have my team all set up for Selphie's boss rush and Edea but I'm waiting until after Tuesday (black/power) and Wednesday (lightning) to further some hones off before going in. At worst, all of the event rewards are worth the mythril it takes to complete them. Each 4* ability is usually worth about a dozen 4* orbs making them the most stamina efficient drops available.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I agree with that:

Focus on 3 star Abilities. The Breaks and the AGA Black Mage spells are most important. Curaga is also worthwhile (in fact I have a Rank 5 Curaga and a Rank 4 as well and will typically load both). 4 star abilities, right now, are mostly luxuries. The only one I'd craft for sure is Protectga. A lot of people on Reddit swear by Quake for trash clearing but as time goes on more enemies are immune to it and it gets phased out in favor of Ruinga. As such I still don't have a Quake crafted yet. The one spell I did craft was Death and I even went so far as to hone it to Rank 2. I'm actually not sorry about this at all because it helps to trivialize a lot of fights. The Seymour Guado fight in particular is MUCH easier when you can knock out both Guado with Death and then focus on the rest. I crafted Break for Tiamat but that's staying Rank 1 for the time being since it's application % is MUCH lower than Death.

My loadout includes Rank 4 Power and Magic Break. Mental and Armor are Rank 3 and hoping to get one or both to Rank 4 with today's farming. Blizzaga and Firaga are Rank 5. Thundaga is Rank 4 (lightning orbs suck to farm). Drain Strike is my "go to" spellblade since nothing really resists it at Rank 4. Fira Strike is also Rank 4 and Thundara Strike is Rank 3 (again those damn lightning orbs). Everything else varies. There's a lot of abilities I crafted for one encounter and they've taken a backseat while I hone core abilities first.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
that's a decently beefy sword. if you've only got one 5* weapon you probably want it to be a sword. i haven't seen that sword's limit break in action, so i'm not sure how good the limit break is. but yeah, not bad at all.

Valos

Betrayals limit is basically decil's darkness. It does AE damage at the cost of 10% of your hp.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
ah, i read the description, but didn't know how much damage it did to your character. 10% is reasonable, that sounds pretty situationally useful.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got Edgar's weapon. I really enjoyed using him as a RW on JP, so I'm happy with it. Was really wanting Sabin's though, as he was always one of my favorite characters.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I pulled a 4* Masamune Blade. Cranked it up to a level 20 5+, which puts it on par with my 6++ dagger. My non-synergy melee weapons are a 5* sword, 5+ katana, 6++ dagger. Decent. Saving my mythril for Lightning, which might come as early as next week. With daily, event, and story bonuses I hope to go for an 11-pull when the event drops, plus at least a 3-pull before the event finishes.

Still have a few events to run from Selphie/Questis, been farming lightning orbs all day. Have taken a hiatus from story dungeons (hi 88 stamina!) but have been hitting the heroic dailys a bunch. I put 5 attackers in there and just auto my way through, retreating as necessary. Super easy to do at work, catches me up on hones, and takes the pressure off. A couple weeks of this and I expect big returns.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Did an 11 pull and managed to get both Edgar's and Sabin's weapons. The rest was crap, but I can live with that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Saving my mythril for Lightning, which might come as early as next week.
Yeah I have two 11 pulls worth, going for the third before the event. This is just all the Mithril we got since Sephriorth/Red XIII's Event.

Lightning/Sazh's Event has:
*FF13 Sword for Cloud/Retaliate which can be used on Lightning outside of FF13 (Spellblades are always useful).
*Haste+Shellga gun for Sazh (also Support 5 for Break Meta).
*Higher chance at FF13 equipment which is rare since that game didn't have gear.

Really it can't get much better, compare that to Edgar/Sabin who don't really have much going for them.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
For selfish reasons I'm hoping we get one more event before Lightning and Sazh's event. I blew all of my Mythril on the Quistis / Selphie event and am just now starting to stockpile again. I've only got about 11 so far and that's a banner you blow everything you've got on so so another event to earn more Mythril would be great.. I'm hoping they keep the 1 free Mythril per day thing going into August as well. That would help quite a bit.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Actually it looks like there will be one more event before the Lightning one. It looks like the Tifa re-issue will be next. Works for me. She's the only character I'm missing right now since I started after the original Sephiroth event.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
3 days worth of stamina and I finally got the Summoner's second record materia. That thing was a bitch to farm but it's incredibly powerful.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I ran into my first legitimately hard Elite dungeon. Macalania Woods with the Spherimorph and the big Machina bosses. The first time I didn't have a fire ability so I couldn't get Spherimorph to switch out of Blizzard attacks. By the time it died I was too low on abilities to bother continuing. Fixed that issue and made my way to the Machina. That thing is just brutal though with large AOE attacks and the inability to use Magic or Summons. Once the nullifier dies you only get a few rounds before it respawns and by that point I was gassed. I'll have to make some adjustments before I try again.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Retaliate! I was able to kill the Machina before the Nullifier respawns, I only have the combined 5* FF10 sword they gave us in the last two events. Use Boost and Armor Breakdown with it. You can ignore the Nullifier, it doesn't stop physical abilities and limit breaks.

Damage mitigation is Shellga/Protega + Power/Magic Breakdown (honed once) + Sentinel Grimore, bosses can not do more than usually 100 damage per hit through that. I was lucky enough to get a Shellga limit break armor but a few characters have something similar as default limit break, however I usually just use Breakdown + Sentinel Grimore and skip Protect and Shell anyways. You shouldn't be taking damage at all as it loses medals.