Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh God the quests, check your quests before running any zone and making any ability. I neglected to do so and had to do many zones over and make the same ability twice.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Thank you kindly for the information.

I've been checking the quest log before I do anything so I haven't had to repeat any zones for quests.

Anytime I have 5 Mithril I'm pulling the lever.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
if you're doing okay clearing stuff then i would save up the 50 mythril to do the 11pulls instead of the single pull.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
So many possibilities for that fight of three, I don't know what I'll do. I wish the reward was better than a terrible 5* orb.

Ruinga looks like fun. I immediately took it to R3, but paused before R4 because 30 GBO is a lot. I'll play with it before going to R4.

Behind on story dungeon because orbfest (derp). Classics are finished, elites I am prioritizing a bit - still have some older ones that don't give out stamina shards, but of course I'd like to get all caught up before the next batch drops. Cloud is level 80 from Orbfest but I never got his RM2 until after that, farmed the gear daily yesterday and have included him in all my story dungeon fighting today and still no RM3 drop.

Pulled a Vega. Sazh's ability set is great, Full Break changes your life, it completes my relic trifecta, and Lightning can attention whore it up before Bartz takes the spotlight next week as a bona fide physical damage dealer in the back row.

Celes then Bartz/Gilgamesh then Squall MC2 then Zidane (=Steal Power) then Lulu (=Vivi clone) then Locke then SSB fest. So much great content is coming.

@SorrowsEnd: Check out the beginners guide from the reddit page. Focus on unlocking characters and their Memory Crystals, and there's never been a better string of characters released than right now. Hope and Vanille are both good characters - with the halloween gear and Blitz Sword you may be able to score their crystals.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I just don't know Reddit but where is the link to the beginners guide in the Reddit post at the beginning of the thread?

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Should be with the guides on the right side navigation bar. Can't see it on the mobile site I don't think. Might be hidden in there somewhere.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anytime I have 5 Mithril I'm pulling the lever.
Do this until you have enough 5* for your team, then start to save up for specific events. At the moment pull on the Snow banner which has Sazh's Guns as a drop as it's one of those items you will be saving up for later.

Don't spend money on the game, if you want to just do the one discounted 100 gem pull you get on each banner.

ALL Mithril should go into relic pulls and don't be afraid to trash upgrade materials and 1* and 2* gear, keep 3* up and only expand inventory when you have nearly 100 3* or above items.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Ok, beginner's guide can take a backseat. Stolen from a random reply inthis thread:

Rough priority for stamina:

1) Farm Tuesday daily for black and power orbs

2) Pick up new characters and memory crystals from events

3) Farm Sundays for XP

4) Farm Saturdays for Non Elem / Ice orbs

5) Farm Wednesdays for Wind / Lightning orbs

7) Clear events for orbs, mythril and item rewards before they expire

8) Keep clearing dungeons for stamina, new characters and orb, mythril and item rewards

(note that this means that Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays are your days to do #2, #7 and #8, try not to skip farm days, especially Tuesday and Sunday)

Abilities:

Retaliate, Boost, Curaga, Double Cut x2, Power, Magic and Armor Break and 2* spellblades should be your first focus

From there, work on 3* BLM damage spells, Diara, support busters, Intimidate, Tempo Flurry, Draw Fire, 3* spellblades, Kirin, Shiva, Stop.

Make Protectga, Shellga, Magic Breakdown, Power Breakdown, Ruinga, Valefor and Carbuncle when you can, also Reflect and any other weird stuff you need to bring for mastery conditions

Make and hone Waterja, Ruinga, Diaga, Valefor, breakdowns

Once you start getting majors, make Meteor and Full Break, also start thinking about other -ajas, Dismissal, Lifesiphon (once it's out),

Hone the fuck out of everything above besides Protectga and Shellga and probably Reflect on as-needed basis while banking orbs in order to be flexible for future content

Mythril:

PULL ON HOPE BANNER

After that, feel free to pull once on every new banner (11x for 50) but I would keep some in reserve in case we get any great events / banners for the holidays. Would advise not pulling more than once on a specific realm though; depth of synergy is all-important.

Don't be afraid to upgrade inventory size to 200+

I would encourage doing a 100 gem pull on every banner. Think of this as your subscription; even 3* items will likely start helping you a lot, especially if you get a duplicate that you can combine.

Don't burn mythril on stamina refreshes yet. More benefit once you have more stamina, obv.

Other Tips

Spend a lot of time checking quests, particularly bonus quests that will award new characters.

Pick up the "spring" RMs from the core characters as soon as you can. In particular, Summon and Mana Spring (BLM and Summoner to level 50) are extremely important and useful.

For your retaliate career (next few months), pick up Double Attack RM (Josef) and put it on a healer

Item synergy is incredibly important. At first, you will want to combine 1* items to make 1++, which is generally on par with a 4 item that has no synergy. In particular, swords, daggers, helms, bracers and any wizard-type gear (hats / robes) will be very useful for a while.

Read the reddit and ask for advice. There is a ton of useful info and resources here, especially to min-max your way through events on a budget. You will want to get as far as possible during events without giving up too much farm and stamina progression time because the rewards for completion / mastery are one-time and will not come around again.

Push yourself. With even a basic retaliate-focused ability bank, damage RWs and some judicious S/L, you can probably farm the EX+ dailies now or very soon. Even though you are behind with respect to missed events / rewards, you have a leg up in that you are starting your career with this great tool available. Don't waste time tacking many elite dungeons though, especially ones with multiple boss fights. Exception is anything that rewards 2 stamina shards or a key RM, also some of the early elites have great awards such as Light Rod / Staff.

Don't wake up in the middle of the night to play. This game is great but it is not worth compromising your health.
The only thing I'd add is abuse the RW system. When you're new, that means multi-hit SB's (Cloud's is the best) for bosses and AOE's (again, Cloud's is best, but I like Ashe's as well). You can find a spreadsheet with a bunch of codes to add. As you progress, mitigation friends will slowly become more important but you can pretty much just blitz content for awhile.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
that's all pretty solid advice, i'll second that post. though i would argue that clearing story mode is more important than farming dailies for now (except probably Sunday) -- stamina is really important.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
plus with the free stamina bar recharges from getting 5 stamina shards, you're probably going to be getting orbs at a more efficient rate in story mode anyway.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
So I was looking for things to use upgrade mats on and I discovered I had a lvl1 Tryfing in my inventory, no idea where it came from...I guess I got it from lucky draws and didn't notice. So...if anyone wants an Advance RW my Friend Code is FmhR. List is pretty full from my old Diamond Pin RW, but I'll try to mutual you if you show up.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Tried to start this over... and it loaded my old game on my new phone even though I told it to overwrite it.

C'est la vie! Let's assume I'm "brand new" but have a bunch of characters... just follow the newbie guide?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
are you on an android? if so, it ties your account to your google account, no matter what device you're logged in on.

and yeah probably mostly follow the newbie guide. what are your highest level characters?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
are you on an android? if so, it ties your account to your google account, no matter what device you're logged in on.

and yeah probably mostly follow the newbie guide. what are your highest level characters?
IOS, logged via game center. I consider "fucking voodoo" so it's fine...

Current Party:
Cloud 45, Tyro 42, Sephiroth, 38, Tiffa 37, Rydia 42
The rest (with levels):
Terra 32, Cyan 33, Kain 29, Dork Knight Cecil, 28, Celes 25, Tidus 25, Wakka 24, White Mage 19, Black mage 17, Warrior 15, Rinoa 15
The nameless rest:
Bard, Paladin Cecil, Knight, Red Mage, Summoner, Bard, Josef, Aerith.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
damn, you haven't played since like april lol.

your party is missing a white mage. best one you have right now is..... aerith i guess. she's really flimsy, people usually only use her if they have her relics. otherwise you're looking alright. i guess you've been using tyro as white mage? he sucks at that role, though... good enough early on, but you're going to want to start leveling a different one.

most important thing you might miss from events right now are Memory Crystals, which if you are unaware allow characters to break the level 50 cap and go up to level 65. try to make it as far through the current events as you can, so that you can maybe grab some of those crystals. you should be able to at least get the earlier crystals in both the current events.

otherwise, just have fun for now. the sub-level50 content doesn't require a whole lot of strategizing usually. just get as far as you can get in any current event, and then knock out story mode classics. that guide is good for what you should be spending your orbs on.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So for farming exp today, should I be doing the easy/medium/hard events as many times as possible today? Or just once and done? These are the best I can do right now.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Do the most difficult one you can clear a single stage of. A lot of times a Roaming Warrior and abilities can let you get through the most difficult setting. Even if you don't clear all 3 stages you can still go in and clear the 3 fights of stage 1, get your experience and then flee out of the dungeon to reset it and repeat.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
On a side note: The + difficulty of Sunday's experience daily is MUCH easier than the Heroic version. Heroic has a lot of bullshit mechanics built into (ghosts sap in particular for stupid amounts of damage).