Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I have had fairly shit luck with lucky draws in the past.

Today was not a shitty draw:

Genji Blade
Last Sentinel Grimorie
Zack's Glove

Seriously that Genji Blade just made my damn morning.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Missed a perfect score on the nightmare demon wall by missing 1 damage medal.

Feels good after not having enough Mage units to handle the previous nightmare end boss. I'm really enjoying these extra mechanics on the bosses. The wall fight was pretty neat.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Nightmare dungeons are more a test of hones, since you get full RS for any gear as long as you bring the character. I too am quite a fan of these... although from all accounts the WHM one looks really tough. Pity the JP folks who had to figure the mechanics out first.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pulled on the lucky banner... 7 3*, 3 4*, and Jecht's sword. :|

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got Bartz' sword, think its supposedly good right? But I already had his dagger 6* so not needed so much, just better V synergy. Guess I should just be grateful I wound up 1/67 and not 0/67.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I have his Brave Blade and it's not bad. Not the best you could have pulled but far from the worst. It's biggest problem is that the SB will overwrite the attack buff from Shout but it's not a huge loss in practice since you still get the 5 hits under Shout's buff before getting overwritten. It has decent attack and Bartz is really good. Finally V is a good real to have synergy for. We won't get another V event for a couple of months but they do start to pop up regularly again.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
and V events seem to always be a bit tougher than other realms, even with good relic synergy.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
raise attack = boostga. 35% attack boost for the whole party is pretty sweet in lieu of Shout.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
so i'm just now getting around to the FF7 event ultimates.... everyone saying that Hojo is way easier than Rufus is nuts IMO. Hojo is tearing me up right now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
so i'm just now getting around to the FF7 event ultimates.... everyone saying that Hojo is way easier than Rufus is nuts IMO. Hojo is tearing me up right now.
How is he killingyou? Taunt-Retaliate disables all single target moves and the counter attacks. You just need to AoE heal the AoE attacks which are weaker and should be under Full Break/Power Breakdown/Protega/Stoneskin, or outrace them with Shout. One or the other should do.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
perhaps my error was not bringing an AE heal. my first attempt i didn't anticipate how hard the counters were, and went with a full Lifesiphon team, intent on just powering through the blind. the counters are reallllly strong tho. so then i went with Greg doing Tauntaliate, and after a bunch of S/Ling i finally beat it.

didn't have to S/L Rufus once... just read real quick that he was all physical and a burn fest, and loaded up my SSB/Shout Lifesiphon burndown team. that team worked so well for Rufus that I figured it should work for Hojo too. barely modified anything between the two fights on my first attempt.

ended up mastering it after like 5 S/Ls and a couple party formation attempts... only lost one medal, because two characters were KO'd at the end.

i brought:

Greg -- Retaliate + Draw Fire, Repentance SB, Fist DMG+ RM
Sephiroth -- Comet + Lifesiphon, Black Materia SSB, Katana DMG+ RM
Cloud -- Drain Strike + Lifesiphon, Blade Beam SSB, Dragoons Determination RM
Ramza -- Full Break + Lifesiphon, Shout SSB, Mako Might RM
Y'shtola -- Curaja + Dispell, Stoneskin II SB, Dr. Mog's Teachings RM

second attempt i brought a Hand of the Emperor RW, and it didn't last long enough for mitigation.... third attempt i brought Planet Protector and aced it.

once i figured out how OP Tauntaliate was for the counterattacks I mostly was just fighting RNG through status effects.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well your problem seems to be no AoE heal in an AoE fight and awkward Shout/Protect sequencing. I'm also finding it difficult to fit everything in with all the Lifesiphons and target scores needed. I was lucky that I read to bring Tauntaliate online and had the AoE heal ready anyway since I didn't realise how AoE heavy the damage would be.

My team was very similar with 4/5 of the same characters, my changes were:
*Agrias over Sephiroth (I had to use that FF7 shared SB bracer on Gilgamesh for Black magic). She had Protega instead of the Comet.
*Ramza with Armor Breakdown instead of Lifesiphon, not sure he needs Lifesiphon to keep Shout up and it isn't critical if it drops for a turn, you also lose DPS from no Armor Breakdown. I use him as pure support with my worst gear since Shout does no damage. I actually assume that Lifesiphon is there to have him cast both Protega and Shout SBs and is why you eventually needed Planet Protector, I think it's best to have him just do one or your first turns will be rough.
*Cloud had Power Break instead of Drain Strike, better to prevent damage than heal it.
*RW was Stoneskin II, I don't have my own yet but it frees up your own AoE Heal.

Since you may not have a shared Black Magic SB to use like I did, I think your weak link in that team was Cloud. Could have taken Agrias/Beatrix/Cecil instead maybe with Saint's Cross, work great with Dragoon's Determination Sap being cancelled by it. SSBs are great but you need all your support abilities up first.