Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Wow... that U+ battle really wasn't as easy as forums made it sound. I thought I had decent gear / hones, but he managed to kick my butt a few times... not having Native Wall or Scream may start to become an issue especially for realms where my synergy isn't that strong.

Save yourself the trouble and make sure you bring Tauntaliate, makes this battle 10x easier.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Rolling Gacha is per banner, and you only get one shot per lucky banner... so it didn't help/add anything to that.

Or am I wrong on this?
One 11 pull = 11 rolls of the gacha (=10 increases from not drawing a 5*).

Drew twice on Vincent's banner. Cid's Spear and the generic Holy Rod. RNG is cruel. Cid's Spear is really good, but Vincent's Cape (2%), Yuffie's Headband (2%), Zack's SSB (1%), Tifa's SSB (1%) were all drool-worthy and I walked away with none of it after 23 items. So I decided XII characters are cool and all but VII is sexy, pulled one more time and got Vincent's Cape and Tifa's SSB.

Tifa's SSB is my first single-target SSB, and with that she joins Lightning as a Lifesiphon+SSB spammer! Vincent is my favorite FF character of all time, and I don't care how he fits into my teams I will use double Breakdown if I want!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tauntaliate trivialises Hojo. Take Gilgamesh with Cloud's Goggles if you have them, otherwise Esuna is needed.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Tauntaliate trivialises Hojo. Take Gilgamesh with Cloud's Goggles if you have them, otherwise Esuna is needed.
Good to know, I still have a bunch of Advance friends I haven't cleared out.

Keeping Advance up for this event (oTPN for anyone who hasn't added me yet). Probably changing to Shout afterwards, barring any requests or special circumstances from around here.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was able to master Rufus, but am oddly having trouble with hojo. My damage sucks nuts Thinking I might do advantaliate on my 80 OWA sephiroth...or maybe draw fire and advance on my agrias? Hmm..help me out here somebody!

Healthfood

Golden Squire
The trick isn't Retaliate - it's Draw Fire. I'd also recommend Gilgamesh to tauntaliate cause he can also self buff for added punch in phase 2. Heck I didn't need to use SG till the boss was like 20% HP down thanks to it... Side note - I just rediscovered how good he is after not using him in ages... Tauntaliate aside, he can use Saint Cross / Full Charge + Mirror of Equity, Leeching Leap + Elemental Leaps, Banishing Strike, Samurai AE options. This guy alone can hit tons of vulnerabilities in addition to using nearly every weapon and armour in the game.

On a separate note, they're giving us 15 mythril over a couple of days. Good Guys DeNA.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I had no problems with Rufus but Hojo was a pain. For Rufus I had read all of the horror stories so I just loaded up on a ton of mitigation. Between Sentinel Grimoire, Protecga, Power Breakdown and Full Break they weren't hitting that bad at all. He only used Mako Cannon 3 times on me and with all the mitigation up it didn't do too much. A group heal put me back to full.

I didn't think of using Draw Fire strategies for Hojo. I went in with a standard setup (but all physical). It took me a try or two to see how crazy his damage output was unmitigated. His counters were absolutely brutal. Then it took another two tries because I got really unlucky with status debuffs (i.e. Confuse on my healer just before a group heal was going to go off). But I got him with full Mastery. Paladin Cecil with Dispel for the 50% buffs and Sephiroth with the Black Mage spell Drain just to hit the target score. Other than that it was the full array of mitigation that I used for Rufus and that helped a bit. But he still hit hard through all of that mitigation.

ismaris

Yeah, I am finding that Reddit is a bit off on this one. Everyone is saying Rufus is the harder, but I beat Rufus in about 6-7 S/L's, whereas I am probably going on my 15th with Hojo and no dice. Just got him to about 15%, which is the closest I've gotten. Not much I can do when my entire party gets blinded...

Kind of funny when I see people bitching about how trivial these ultimates are, and then they post their setup and they are decked with literally every vital item, near max hones, full RS...some serious whales !

ismaris

The trick isn't Retaliate - it's Draw Fire. I'd also recommend Gilgamesh to tauntaliate cause he can also self buff for added punch in phase 2. Heck I didn't need to use SG till the boss was like 20% HP down thanks to it... Side note - I just rediscovered how good he is after not using him in ages... Tauntaliate aside, he can use Saint Cross / Full Charge + Mirror of Equity, Leeching Leap + Elemental Leaps, Banishing Strike, Samurai AE options. This guy alone can hit tons of vulnerabilities in addition to using nearly every weapon and armour in the game.

On a separate note, they're giving us 15 mythril over a couple of days. Good Guys DeNA.
Yeah, I need to level Greg. I am out of eggs for now, so he's out for this encounter.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Meh, I actually missed out on all the Relm event bonus battles because I've been playing less and doing daily dungeons. Should have looked at the date, didn't realize the event was ending yesterday, seems that event didn't last as long as others plus it seemed like events normally end on a tuesday, but maybe thats just me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hojo IS easier than Rufus if you have everything. Since he has more HP though he'll be an issue if you don't have high hones or good SBs.

Seriously Draw Fire/Retaliate (Gilgamesh/Auron/Cyan/Tyro) means no counter attacks and no Combo. That's over half his damage gone. Everything else is light AoE which breakdowns and a medica should cover. Bring two white mages and bounce off the retaliator so you can use dispel and esuna.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So I didnt quite realize at first, but I ended up spending cash on 6x 11-pulls over the last couple weeks. Fuck that is way too much money to spend in an online game. Would have probably been better off dumping all that into the PowerBall or something equally as ridiculous...

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I got 3 5 star relics on the lucky pull which is more than the game has ever given me on a single pull and they are all complete garbage. One of them is the wrong Tyro book just because the game likes taunting me.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I pulled Sephiroth's Coat. It turns the 4* Samurai skill into an AOE 2.4x multiplier (the 5* Samurai is 2.6x and can break the damage cap since it's two hits).

It's cool to have a host of decent 5* armors to go around. Two of the ATK shields plus two ATK light armors is cool, though never going to be game-breaking over an old armor (missing 10 ATK omg!) or a Bracer (trade-off is 8 ATK vs 15 DEF/RES).

Added nothing to my glaring gaps in realm synergy, but that's how it goes!

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Lucky Banners have always been bad for me. That makes our 9th one and I pulled 1 very outdated 5 star (Tifa's Crystal Gloves).

Total Lucky Draws, to date, have been Tyro's Healing and Cyclone books, Selphie Stick, Sabin's Kaiser Knuckles, Mog's Scarf, Cecil's Mythgrave Blade, Leon's Golden Armor and now Tifa's Crystal Gloves. It hasn't all been useless (Cecil's sword is still good for synergy and Leon's armor is very good) but I'm well below the curve.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Lucky Banners have always been bad for me. That makes our 9th one and I pulled 1 very outdated 5 star (Tifa's Crystal Gloves).

Total Lucky Draws, to date, have been Tyro's Healing and Cyclone books, Selphie Stick, Sabin's Kaiser Knuckles, Mog's Scarf, Cecil's Mythgrave Blade, Leon's Golden Armor and now Tifa's Crystal Gloves. It hasn't all been useless (Cecil's sword is still good for synergy and Leon's armor is very good) but I'm well below the curve.
This is well above my lucky draw curve.

ismaris

I got the blazefire rush lightning saber from the lucky draw. Also, I finally medaled on Hojo. Tyro in the back row with tauntaliate and a 7* four pointed shurikens was a great help.