Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Not looking forward to the U+ especially after my shit luck with this U fight. Had to save scum for a whole day because I had such terrible luck with the cursed elegies. All of my attempts except my kill, my my entire party was slowed within the first 3 rounds. Really can't do jack shit if that happens. Fucking terrible design.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Finally mastered it using Carbuncle, 2 spell blades and golbez + Tyro... using Wrath and Celebration Grimoire as the only heal (urk). To be honest with Carbuncle (or Runic) + Shell and Breakdown he hardly does damage (~1.5-1.8k AE occassionally?).

If you have ANY high regen relic, i'd say use this strat, apply poison and just nuke him on his weakness... Lots and lots of irritating S/L thanks to sleep and slows.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I think you guys are overthinking the U+.

With haste, ninja + 1 lightning user is enough (I liked Ramza - Full Break only covers 4 turns anyway, gear for MAG; double-ninja party is totally viable) to get in three turns no problem - I had Celes and Vincent with Lightning/Ice and never stopped mashing buttons on them. Runic is MVP and does a good job mitigating a lot of the nastiness. Poison Shell is a good idea - in hindsight, I'd run Sazh with that plus a support ability (instead I used Faris with 4-hit Thief's Raid).

There are a lot of tricks and just using a couple of them goes a long way. With careful planning he's a chump.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
I wouldn't call him a chump... but i think i've got a new appreciation for this fight after hammering quite a few rounds on different compositions. That said, AE Slow and AE Sleep are retarded mechanics which are basically run ending and there's no real way to counter them.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_133800.jpg

Mastered it with this team. Could have brought more DPS, fight ended up dragging on.

Exdeath with Grand Cross was the key. I should finally level him up today, 52 was pretty flimsy for an Ultimate.

Chris

Potato del Grande
White Mage Abyss:
Diaga/Shellga
Diara/Protectga
Curaja/Esuna
Curaise/Revive
Curaga/Dispel
Stoneskin II RW.

Had 1 SSB, 2 SB and 2 shared SB - so everyone had an AoE heal and it isn't too unreasonable to expect you to have all 5 for an older player with the free ones we got. My SSB was Penelo's Intercession and did 9999x3 damage so if you don't have anything like that you'll probably need another Diara or three instead of the heal spells. One of my SBs was Eiko's haste which helped but I had a decent amount of breathing space.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Was cracking my head hard against Bahamut U+.... then the whm banner came and BAM - Thrysus (and 10 other 3*), I nearly broke out in tears... Was able to beat the stupid guy with it (it wasn't easy either). I'm not sure I could have done it without the Wall + Shout combo TBH, his offensive and defensive stats are way high.

I don't think i'll put too much effort into the WHM Abyss, I only have 2x shared Medica SB and Yuffie is the only character specific AE Heal I have...

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Nightmare sucked for me but I got him after many S/Ls. My biggest recommendation is to make sure you have haste up at the end of the fight. I think his last 30% of health he only spams Nightmare Breath and your Esuna user can't keep up without haste. On my kill I got him, literally, half a second before he breathed.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Drew on the nightmare banner... 3 x4*, 8x 3*. My kingdom for a 5*...

trendkiller123

Trakanon Raider
So I'm new to this game, coming over from the Summoners War camp. Looking for any info that I should know that would help me progress.

Currently I'm mostly just running realm dungeons, doing the event dungeons for new heroes when possible. Just picked up the zidane/vivi/amarant/garnet from the ff9 event, and a few from the ff3 event before it.
I'm mainly leveling a melee heavy group just to plow through realm dungeons on auto. Tyco/cloud/wakka/kain/beatrix doing most everything on auto. Havent done much ability creation as I haven't needed to, and only upgraded equipment with 1star equipment when my inventory is full. My first 11relic draw (which was half price from an event) netted me 3 5star weapons and a 4star weapon and armor. Sounds like I was fairly lucky there.

Any info that i could benefit from would be greatly appreciated, especially on ways to change my playstyle or what to work towards. Thanks all.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Well, this certainly makes up for the fact that I've only gotten like two five stars from all the past lucky draws.

rrr_img_134658.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Edit -- double post with no cool down timer somehow, weird ?= and it won't let me get rid of that attachment...

Chris

Potato del Grande
So I'm new to this game, coming over from the Summoners War camp. Looking for any info that I should know that would help me progress.

Currently I'm mostly just running realm dungeons, doing the event dungeons for new heroes when possible. Just picked up the zidane/vivi/amarant/garnet from the ff9 event, and a few from the ff3 event before it.
I'm mainly leveling a melee heavy group just to plow through realm dungeons on auto. Tyco/cloud/wakka/kain/beatrix doing most everything on auto. Havent done much ability creation as I haven't needed to, and only upgraded equipment with 1star equipment when my inventory is full. My first 11relic draw (which was half price from an event) netted me 3 5star weapons and a 4star weapon and armor. Sounds like I was fairly lucky there.

Any info that i could benefit from would be greatly appreciated, especially on ways to change my playstyle or what to work towards. Thanks all.
Which 5*s did you get? Pull on every lucky/beginner banner and save the rest of your mithril for Ramza's Platinum Sword or Y'Shtola's Thyrus or Tyro's Sentinel Grimore. They should reappear next month.

Eventually you'll level every character but focus on a Samurai/White Mage/White Mage/Support/Machinist for your first team. Craft Retaliate and hit your own Samurai, Gilgamesh is the best one. Agrias is the best for your second White Mage, you need Protega and Shellga on the two mages.

trendkiller123

Trakanon Raider
Sage staff, Rune Staff, Healing Grimoire, Sun Blade, Chocobo Brush.

When referring to the group setup, each one should be 5star capable of that ability? Don't think i have a 5star samurai/support/machinist yet.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I finally got a Beatrix relic! 100 gem pull got me Zidane's Exploda and a 50 Mythril pull got me Kuja's Gloves and Ragnarok! The two relics I wanted the most!

Steiner was easy. Very straightforward fight and I lost zero medals. Kuja was as advertised but I may have over prepared for him. Plus I was able to use my shiny new Ragnarok to nullify the second transition group attack. I lost the maximum two medals. One on actions and one on damage.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sage staff, Rune Staff, Healing Grimoire, Sun Blade, Chocobo Brush.

When referring to the group setup, each one should be 5star capable of that ability? Don't think i have a 5star samurai/support/machinist yet.
No, just enough for the key abilities. Samurai only needs 2* for Retaliate, White Mages 4* for Protega/Shellga and Machinist 4* for the status shots and Support 5* for full break.

Not familiar with all those relics but any team advice is superseded by trying to fit a good one into your team. Especially if it casts Protect/Shell/Haste on your team.

I'd be using Warrior of Light and Relm as the White Mages. Make Protega/Banishing Strike and Shellga/Curaga to start. You can get them in the hall of rites.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I was playing with my new toys and I'm really happy with Kuja's Gloves. Even though I mastered Kuja U+ the 1 stamina cost makes it convenient for testing things out. I honed Memento Mori and Dark Zone to rank 3. Fight goes as follows:

My Kuja uses the RW
My Kuja uses his Gloves SB with Mako Might
My Kuja hits Memento Mori
At this point you spam Dark Zone

In the low 50s my Kuja was hitting for over 8k per Dark Zone hit and it hits twice. At level cap he should be hitting the damage cap pretty easily.

The thing that scares people is the self inflicted Doom from Memento Mori but it's, honestly, not a big deal. You get a couple of turns doing other stuff and once you're setup you just melt the boss. If you die to Doom you're either doing something wrong or it's not going to matter since the boss should be dying in the next turn or so.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Used 4 lightning res accessories vs Kuja. Felt pretty good seeing resist on my own guys!

Problem with the Darkness combo is that you have a character with two abilities contributing no buffs/debuffs to the team and soaking up heals. Is it AoE?

Saint Cross usually does 9999x2 with just one ability, gives regen to cancel out Dragoon's Determination sap and leaves space for Protega or Lifesipon or Banish Strike. Shout teams are casting Boostga and Armor Breaks anyway to support it.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Honestly it's not better than the physical compositions out there but it's not really worse. It's just something that's different, self-sufficient, and on par with 5 star physical abilities.

Kuja's SB is AOE. I don't think MM or DZ are though. It does help that Darkness spells have a faster cast time equal to Waterja (which is less than other Ja spells).

Honestly if you don't have Kuja's or Exdeath's SB (or a + Darkness relic) than you're probably better off going with a traditional physical team. But if you have a relic that takes advantage of Darkness than its something that's effective and different than the same old.