Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Healthfood

Golden Squire
So I'm stuck dropping my damage dealer (bartz), boostga (jecht), medica (yuffie), or ramza (full break) for another WM (or Pecil, I guess).
You could run self boosts like Steal Power on Bartz instead of Jecht, or run the Attack Down Dance on Yuffie which should help mitigate the damage. Instead of wall try using Quistis' SSB RW and run Protectga on the WHM layered with the dance / breakdowns. High Regen will help a ton in keeping you alive.

Edit: Are you bringing any Hastega? I think that's probably more important

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You could run self boosts like Steal Power on Bartz instead of Jecht, or run the Attack Down Dance on Yuffie which should help mitigate the damage. Instead of wall try using Quistis' SSB RW and run Protectga on the WHM layered with the dance / breakdowns. High Regen will help a ton in keeping you alive.

Edit: Are you bringing any Hastega? I think that's probably more important
I got nothing for Hastega
frown.png

I tried subbing Pecil for Bartz (because I've got the holy-dmg SB on Pecil) and I'm not just not doing enough damage.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Consensus is to skip the pure stat ones. If you've been keeping up with events you should already have a few +30 ATK, MAG, and MND accessories. The resist accessories are a bit more valuable since mitigation is becoming more important for Ultimate and U+ fights. Gigas Armlet and Memento Ring seem to be the, universal, must buys.

Personally The Gigas Armlet is the only one I'm buying right now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Any tips on best accessories to buy on the exchange now that they are available?
Anything with elemental resist, status resist or +30 main stat (prioritise in that order). I bought almost all of them, just leaving the +20 main stat ones. You should have enough if you used all your stamina every day and didn't buy orbs or shards.

If I'm stockpiling ff4 harps I have never used, I'm going to stockpile +30 main stat accessories which will actually have a use one day. I'm going to have a proper look at them soon though as no point keeping low resist bonuses when I have 5+ medium/high resist bonuses.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Picked up Gigas Armlet (II), Mythril Armlet (X) and Memento Ring (VI). I'll probably get XI and XIV later once I top up my greens.

Need to double check on my Fire Resistance Accessories to see if I need to add more for Ifrit Fragment.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Gigas so far and I'm gonna gnab Memento for sure. The recommendation is the full set of instant KO resist and then normal element resist, right?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
This game is fun, but frustrating at the same time. I'm kind of hitting a wall on content, but have to beat said content to improve my units. In order to continue to level, I have to beat the difficulty 120 events for the memory crystal II. Currently, I can't beat the lvl 110 event before it (the fight vs Rude).

As suggested in this thread, I'm using retaliate for dps. Even stacking all my best attack items on Gilgamesh, his retaliate only hits the enemies for like 2500 damage, which takes maybe ~5% of their life per swing. I die way before killing even one of the units, much less Rude himself. Here's the setup I'm using for the fight, all equipment is max level:

Gilgamesh lvl 72: Gold sword 5*, Diamond Bangle 4*, Blonde Wig -- Draw fire r2, Retaliate r4 -- Freedoms Wish materia
Celes lvl 73: Tyrfing 5*, Survival Vest 5*, Power Armlet -- Tornado Strike r1, Double Cut r3 -- Unbreakable Spellblade materia
Vaan lvl 65: Danjuro 5*, Knights Armor 4*, Protect Ring -- Power Breakdown r2, Double Cut r3 -- Warriors Burden materia
Balthier lvl 65: Capella 5*, Gaia Vest 3*, Power Vest -- Armor Break r2, Tempo Flurry r3 -- Sky Pirates Pride materia
Tyro lvl 65: Chocobo Brush 5*, Diamond Armor 4*, Pearl Necklace -- Curaga r3, Shellga r1 -- Vow of Vengeance materia
Roaming Warrior: Usually Zach with Apocalypse for AoE Haste buff and some nice free damage

During the fight I just do the usual stuff like summon RW for aoe haste, put up draw fire, retaliate, shellga, then just start using things like double cut or tempo flurry on gilgamesh for retaliate procs. The dps is just shit though, I go through almost all uses of my skills and don't even kill one of the trash units. By then the random nukes have worn down my team and people start to die.

Am I missing something? Do I need to grind out the last 8 levels on gilgamesh so he hits level 80 for higher attack stat? It really feels like I'm just spinning my wheels for no progress since most of my team is level capped at 65, and I can't beat these hard fights to get the material to break their level limit.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
He's hitting that low because he doesn't have any boost effects. Try running Shout or Advance RW and you'll see a huge boost in his damage output... Even using boost skill (2*, easy hone) or his own SB should result in a fairly decent increase in damage. I don't feel that the last 8 levels would make that big a difference but it couldn't hurt.

Another tip is to put all your other units at the back row (if you're not already doing that). It'll reduce the damage taken from physical attacks which should allow you to stay longer.

Lastly see if you can get Dragoon's Determination from Ricard. That gives +20% Attack which is quite a lot better than the rest at this point.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah your team building isn't refined, but then I have been playing for a year.

Tyro is a shitty healer, especially with Curaga. Why are you not using Relm?

If he has Sentinel Grimore then use him as a support instead of Vaan and have all your RWs be Shout for double damage. Otherwise drop him.

Celes is doing nothing, should be someone like Cecil with Protega.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Don't have Relm, Cecil, or the hero souls to buy them either. I spent a while fishing for RW until I found one with advance and tried Rude fight again. Spent over an hour reloading the fight trying it, but have decided it's just not winnable with my team as it currently stands. I can survive until someone casts grenade, which kills off some or all of the level 65 members.

Sounds like the main issue is simply a lack of meta units. No real fix for that except wait until they come around again from events, or hope they give out more hero souls. I do appreciate the tips, even if it seems like I complain a lot!

Chris

Potato del Grande
rrr_img_135323.jpg

Tyro RW and no Soulbreaks used.

Beat the fight with a similar team to yours, got expert because slow didn't proc and I'm not S/L when it works. Tried to use characters from recent events near 65, they are not optimal I just have Baltheir and Vaan at 80 so not fair. If you need Gilgamesh then find a character who can swap double cut for tempo flurry or you don't get master.

Your problem is no Protega and no Boost, simple as that. Healing was needed but not much, Curaga should do.

Edit: Didn't realise my Gold Sword is 6* but there was plenty leeway for me, let me know how it goes I can always run another test

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Well, thanks to you proving it can be done with a subpar team, I decided to try some more. I could have sworn I had used my last hero crystal on celes not long ago, but apparently I had one left over. I purchased Relm, bought a memory crystal I with gyshals, and powered her to 65 with nearly all of my remaining growth eggs. I dropped Vaan, swapped Tyro into his role, and setup Relm as my new healer. That allowed me to fit both shellga and protectga on the team. I also fished up a sentinel grimoire roaming warrior to bring to the fight.

With the above recommended tweaks, I was finally able to win. I only got expert (didn't slow him either), but that's good enough. Thanks much for the inspiration to keep going. Amusingly, it's the next fight that I actually care about (for the memory crystal II). Now let's see how I do when going up 10 more difficulty ranks!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well, thanks to you proving it can be done with a subpar team, I decided to try some more. I could have sworn I had used my last hero crystal on celes not long ago, but apparently I had one left over. I purchased Relm, bought a memory crystal I with gyshals, and powered her to 65 with nearly all of my remaining growth eggs. I dropped Vaan, swapped Tyro into his role, and setup Relm as my new healer. That allowed me to fit both shellga and protectga on the team. I also fished up a sentinel grimoire roaming warrior to bring to the fight.

With the above recommended tweaks, I was finally able to win. I only got expert (didn't slow him either), but that's good enough. Thanks much for the inspiration to keep going. Amusingly, it's the next fight that I actually care about (for the memory crystal II). Now let's see how I do when going up 10 more difficulty ranks!
Well done, glad it helped!

I just wrote a little guide for you to help using Retaliate teams since I've seen a few new people asking WTF to do to beat the bonus battles:
Newbie Retaliate Team Guide : FFRecordKeeper
Sorry for the external link but I don't feel like formatting it twice.

Let me know if anything is missing or unclear.

Kintun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not bad Chris. The only additions I'd make are including Sazh's new RM as it is also a double hit and include the whole "Retaliate will hit the mob with the lowest percent HP."

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanks.

Holy shit Caius is rough... hope you have a nice set of SSB/BSSBs. At half health he just spams strong aoe until you die, can't see anything other than a full Shout team beating it unless you have one if those attack/magic debuff SBs.

Mastered it with 1 dead and everyone at 5% health after spamming 3 Fenrir Drives with an aoe curaga myself. S/L required.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Caius wasn't that bad for me but owning the Trinity lets me get away with things other will struggle with.

I'm finding that for U+ fights that bringing both Tyro for Wall and Ramza for Shout is very effective. This lets me bring in a Leon or Basch Roaming Warrior for Hand of the Emperor which is a nice ATK bonus and another layer of physical mitigation. I did lose Tyro towards the end of the fight when he ate too many hits of a pulsar shot but since the "No KOs" condition isn't used for Ultimates anymore it's no big deal. My strategy was very simple. Stack Wall, Shout, Hand of the Emperor, Power Breakdown, Magic Breakdown, Full Break and Shellga. With all of that his attacks were very manageable. For my other two slots I used Beatrix for Seiken Shock (Magic Blink and a ton of damage) and Agrias for Cleansing Strike. With all of that mitigation he wasn't hitting bad at all but I still lost Tyro. With that said my understanding, and from what I've seen firsthand on the Japan client, Ultimates and U+s get much easier going forward as the real challenge will be through Cid's Missions (complete the U+ with a team of characters specific to that realm).

I actually had a lot more trouble on Bahamut. I made a small mistake on my loadout and gimped my damage pretty severely. His Umbral Vice attack is bullshit. I had to S/L about 6 times before I finally got an opening where he didn't simply one shot someone before mitigation went up.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
That guide was in depth, thanks for posting Chris. I tried the demon wall a few times but didn't have the dps to beat him in time. I'm sure a big part of the problems I'm having is I have 372 mithril stockpiled. I've only done the beginner 11 pull, and 2 of the half priced bundles for relic summoning. Everywhere I read on reddit it's like don't spend mithril until the special event coming at the end of june! So I've been hoarding it. My plan is to spend mithril on the event that gives platinum sword, which as I understand it is the best item in the game. Hopefully in the process I get some 5 star armor, because as it is my entire team wears 3 or 4 star max, which means I get destroyed on hard hitting targets.

I have an aoe heal relic (chocobo brush, relm's soulbreak). Assuming all goes according to plan and I obtain a platinum sword during the event, I'll have an aoe haste + dps boost relic. I can bring sentinel's grimoire with roaming warriors. Any tips on something worth spending the remaining mithril on if anything is left over?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
that's definitely a big part of it. if you keep saving til BSB fest (or w/e tf it's called), and drop all your mythril there... its gonna feel like a whole new game afterwards.

i personally think that newer players should spread their mythril around a bit more, rather than just saving for those big events that come like 3-4 times a year, but at this point you're so close you may as well keep saving.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah you are doing the right thing, you'll get platinum sword (x4 damage with the boost and haste) or loads of good gear.

Do pull on the lucky banners though.