Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Yea basically huge whales get inducted into the MVP program where they get those news letters and some additional materials.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Platinum sword isn't until the 4th round. Sucks I'm gonna miss first 3 since I need to save for the best chances at getting one.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So Platinum Sword is on banner 4, and Sentinel's Grimoire is on Banner 5. You going to pull on 4 til you get the sword then dump the rest on 5?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
For those who have the trinity Banner 1 is simply nutso. Cecil's BSB and Celes SSB are top tier swords. Lightning's SSB still holds its own. I don't need more XIII guns but having a good SB for Lightning works. Relm's group cure is also amazing since its higher potency than things like Yuna's Lullaby Rod. The regular stuff isn't bad but we're to the point where regular SBs are now consolation prizes mostly.

I've got just over 200 Mythril and I plan to spend here. I'd be happy with the BSB or any SSB really.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've come to the conclusion that having your own wall is a mistake. It's optimal as a RW.

Take Tyro and you have a support/paladin who does less damage and has less survivability. Take Y'Shtola and you have a healer who can't heal your whole party at once so needs a second healer in the party. Meanwhile taking Ramza for shout gives you a support with good stats and useful side abilities.

Better to roll for things which enable you to kill the boss before your two RW walls are finished than have gimped characters who now need a 3rd wall cast because you do less damage.

This assumes you have shout and dont need to RW that, don't have shout roll for shout!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've also been taking wall as an RW lately, even tho i have Stoneskin II... but there are certain fights where native wall is still a huge help. some of the Us and U+s just take too damn long.

it does suck using y'shtola as a white mage and not having a medica. so what i've been doing on some fights is going back to using two white mages (something i haven't done in a long time).... Y'shtola with Curaja and Protectga/Shellga, then Penelo with her medica+holy DD SSB, equipped with Diaga and Multibreak or some other dance. usually i will stick Ace Striker on her so i can kinda spam that SSB.

that's just some fights, tho. my favorite way to do things is still a shout (i have a Platinum Sword)+lifesiphon/SSB spam team with Penelo as my only white mage.

there's even been a few fights lately where i brought both Full Break on Ramza and Multibreak on Penelo.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
You want either Shout or Wall (preferably on Tyro). You don't need both since you can RW the other. But having both gives you enormous flexibility. A lot of people hate on Tyro because of his weak stats but his versatility is unmatched. We are also getting fights that are lasting long enough where 3 casts of Wall isn't a waste. But if you have Wall or Shout you're in good shape.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So Platinum Sword is on banner 4, and Sentinel's Grimoire is on Banner 5. You going to pull on 4 til you get the sword then dump the rest on 5?
That's my current plan. Most of #4 is stuff I'd like to have. I'm not quite as excited about #5 because being stuck using Tyro to fill a wall slot isn't optimal, but after 4, dumping the remainder on 5 is all I have left. I'm very tempted to spend 50 or 100 on banner #1 though, because I'm a big fan of Celes and would love her Excalibur. Sigh, why couldn't platinum sword be in banner 1...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
a Celes relic is one thing i've always wanted and have never gotten. dumped a ton of mythril on that one and her previous Runic relic.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have both a 6* SG and a Thyrus with a Plat Sword and a few average medicas. I feel that the best RW to bring is the medicas as they offer a lot of diversity in fights and I don't have the latest released good ones like Dreamstage or Portrait of Lakshmi. If I ever really needed it I could equip the VIII Esthar Bracers with a shared medica and decent enough defense to take on anything, even out of realm. Essentially, walls and shout are the best in their category because they're the only ones in their category. Medicas vary wildly and most players won't have the best ones.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Blew 50 mithril on the second X banner hoping for another jecht relic. Got the VII Soldier Sword (generic 5*) and Auron's bracer. I'm not sad about another true 5* armor, even if I don't plan on using auron much.

I'm thinking I might even whale a little for BSB fest... I've got PCecil's SSB and it's great, but I'd love to replace Jecht with Ramza for boostga and finally get a good hastega.

edit; hahaha Bartz's BSB is on banner 4 with platinum sword? I'm going full-in to see if I can get both!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Correct choice is probably in order of importance:
*don't have shout roll on #4
*don't have +holy gear and paladin SSB roll on #1
*anything left over roll on #5 if you don't have SG or wait for an event banner with a good support relic.

So I'm rolling on #1 to buff my paladin slot, then probably saving for a support item which these banners have few of.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I beat Jecht and the Cid's Mission. It was really close and Auron died at the end. My setup:

Tidus: Armor Break and Tempo Flurry. Dismissal would have been better that TF

Braska: Curaja and Shellga. Used a shared SB group heal

Wakka: Full Break and Magic Breakdown

Yuna: Diaga and Protectga. She had my only unique SB with Lullaby Rod

Auron: power break and mental break as a filler.

My RW was Shout.

Very tense fight and its, essentially, a damage race. My X synergy isn't great but it was enough.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Wow those U and U+ were pretty tough... I tried to run Yunalesca Cid's mission style and was getting frustrating so I just swapped my A team and ham-ed it. Really underestimated Yunalesca and her 3 holy's a turn thing... think I blew like 240 stamina on this one.

U+ CM was pretty close too. I actually have decent FFX synergy (Jecht Boostga and Auron's crappier SB), and won after 3 of my team went down with much S/L. Went back and got mastery after with a full team. Wall makes life much easier... in retrospec R1 Powerchain + R2 Full Charge on tidus may have gimped me a lot more that I would admit... though it is a super fun combination though

Chris

Potato del Grande
Think everyone's using the same CM team, surprised it worked and even did master after my first shitty attempts with Rikku/Retaliate.

Only difference is the new abilities, I used dismissal and fire blossom rather than hone them.

I'm totally out of growth eggs and gyshal greens though, next one is FF4 and I need to get Rosa and Edward to 80...

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Just a heads up regarding Banner 3. Keeper's Tome is not great. I know Reddit seems to value it highly but I don't like it at all. I pulled it on my Japan account and it's just very clunky to use. Tyro is worth running with SG but his BSB does not replace SG. The BSB does no damage and it's all mitigation. The commands do not replace Breaks or Breakdowns. They stack but really don't add much since everything is break resistant these days. I just don't like it. My Japan account doesn't have SG and I still don't run Tyro. Since my Global account has SG I'd never use his burst here either.