Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So they changed [nerfed] retaliate a little bit. Before you could kill an enemy with the first hit of a double cut on the retaliate character, and it would hit the second (or sometimes even carry through to the next round), now it's just "done".

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol Jenova DEATH is in the boss rush with the same offensive power as it's previous appearance in a +++ fight, so much S/L. Had reduced HP though. Was the hardest thing in the FF7 bonus battles other than figuring out where to press to target Helletic Hojo's body.

All future events now have a much harder difficulty awarding a 5* accessory for beating.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
in the +++ fight i used Sephiroth with Retaliate and a Sentinel RW. those 4 hit combos the second half of the boss does were pretty nice with that set up. Seph was doing 5k a swing.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ugh, so how hard would it be for me to get Sephiroth's MC2? I want it but I'm not sure I have the party to do it yet.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Jenova DEATH can be put to sleep. That's how I beat her. Once sleep lands just burn her down with magic.

I still have the last Sephiroth fight to do. I'll get to it eventually. Right now I'm going against conventional wisdom and burning through the new Dungeons we got instead of Orbfest. While the Orbs are VERY nice this time around my hones are pretty solid (Waterja, Thundaja, Firaja and Ruinga all Rank 4. Bioga is Rank 3 which will be my next hone). But I've been playing Final Fantasy Spreadsheet Keeper and calculated that I will have 95 Mythril on the last day of ROR. In the past we've gotten 5 free Mythril when the season changes (Summer to Fall for instance) and hopefully we get a Christmas bonus of Mythril in addition to the 5 star they give us. If either of those happens I could have 100 on the day Banner 5 ends. Banner 3 is my strongest banner still. 3 really good weapons and 2 universal Mage Rods. The Flute is not good for me but that's the only bad relic on the list. Banner 5 is my next strongest with 4 good items and 2 items I already have. It's a high risk / high reward banner. So I'm definitely pulling on Banner 3 and based on those results am going to try for a Banner 5 pull as well.

Still haven't gotten around to the Beginner Banner. It's 50 Mythril I simply don't have right now. I figure I'll pull in mid-January becaue there isn't a banner I'm interested in until Beatrix rolls around (probably 3 months from now). If I pull either Rod from Banner 3 or Rising Star from Banner 5 I'll probably take Tyrfing. Otherwsie I'm taking Valkyrie for Rinoa.

On a side note: Dungeons SUCK these days. Even on Classic I go in with my A-Team. But I need the Mythril if my plan is going to work. Cleared all but one Classic and waiting on Stamina to clear the two lowest Stamina Cost Elites to hit 150 Stamina and gain a refresh. Consensus is that these Elites aren't nearly as bad as the last update (Levithan can go suck it) but they still require really good Hones and Gear.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
what's your team like currently? do you have any VII synergy gear?
Not much VII synergy...

Cloud (59) 5* Flametongue (V), 5* Witch's Hat (XIII), 4* Black Belt (VI)
Retaliate and something else (armor break, spellblade)

Setzer (54) 5* Valkyrie (VIII), 5* Regal Gown (VI), 3* Power Glove (X)
Double Cut and Power Break/Magic Break/Whatever

Aerith (50... no mc) 5* Lilith Rod (V), 5* Oath Veil (VI), 3* Barrier Ring (VI)
Cura and Black Magic

Wakka (54) 5* Evil Lantern (XIII), 4*+ Black Garb (IV), 3* Hyper Wrist (VI)
Double Cut/Boost

Lenna (54) 5* Storm Stav (IX), 4*+ Black Robe (IV), 2* Talisman (VII)
Curaga/Something else.

Still working on Protectga/Shellga. I have mats for Shellga but wanted to get Protectga first. I have Valk on Setzer so he can deal a little bit of damage from the back row if necessary (thrown weapon), while getting the damage reduction from being in the back row...

I think I fucked myself by doing the beginner banner now. Really wish I'd have waited. I need to earn another 30 mithril or so to hit the ROR :|
Maybe I can magic up some giftcards and buy gems.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You should be able to do the boss rush with that with some practice/luck and if you get Shellga first, lethal magic damage is more common and Jenova only uses Magic.
Team composition is the same as mine and weapons are good, you just need the 4* and 5* abilities like Protega/Shellga/Armor Breakdown/Full Break. Armor needs work, put Witches Hat on Yuna?

My A team is currently:
Cloud -> Retaliate/Tempo Flurry
Y'Shtola -> Boost/Shellga (Double Hit RM)
Eiko -> Curaja/Protega
Irvine -> Armor Breakdown/Double Cut
Wakka -> Full Break/Tempo Flurry

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Sorry, it's Lenna not Yuna. I'll make Shellga now and hopefully armor breakdown. 4* orbs are just not easy to obtain, which is sort of sucking. I'm going to swap the hat to her and pick something else for Cloud. Armor really sort of sucks, as I have only gotten one 5* from rolling. Everything else is holiday related or +/++ item.

Part of it seems to be record materia too. I literally only have 5 characters who have RM unlocked (4 in party and white mage). I need to progress through the storyline and do the elites to earn them.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sorry, it's Lenna not Yuna. I'll make Shellga now and hopefully armor breakdown. 4* orbs are just not easy to obtain, which is sort of sucking. I'm going to swap the hat to her and pick something else for Cloud. Armor really sort of sucks, as I have only gotten one 5* from rolling. Everything else is holiday related or +/++ item.

Part of it seems to be record materia too. I literally only have 5 characters who have RM unlocked (4 in party and white mage). I need to progress through the storyline and do the elites to earn them.
Yeah all the over preparation people suggest just lead to mountains of 3* orbs. 4* are difficult to get with events being the main source and dungeons being the second, dailies don't give that many so farming for them isn't that effective (only farm if you have finished everything else). Will get better when Orb Conversion goes active soon.

For RMs you need:
Double Hit (Josef). Give it to your White Mage with just buffs so they can do things when the buffs are up.
Auto-Haste (Balthier/Zidane/Luneth). Until you get a Haste-All Soul Break.
Dragoon's Determination (Ricard). Gives a HUGE damage buff to your Samurai.

Cloud and Tyro's 3rd RMs give a Soul Break charge for when you get a buff relic.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only tried it once before orb fest started but I actually had trouble with the Reno/Rude/whoever fight on elite...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the 3* Breaks really aren't a whole lot worse than the 4* Breakdowns anyway. all the 3*s are 30% reduction in their respective stats. for the 4*s, the physical ones (Armor/Power) are 40% reduction, and the magic ones (Magic/Mental) are 50%. so a stronger case can be made for the magic ones, but in a retaliate team you can justify splurging for Armor Breakdown instead of Break.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I've already noticed results. Shellga and armor breakdown are r1, but I got tempo flurry to R3 (and kept it on Cloud).

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I just started this game up based on this thread and after a day I got a 5*Danjuro on my personal hero and then a 5*Buster Sword on Cloud. Is that pretty good and should I stop pulling for now? I got the Danjuro on my free pull in the tutorial and then bought 3 pulls with the Mithril you are given and got the BS on my last pull so haven't put money into this at all.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Stop pulling until the wall relics come out next week. Try to 11 pull when you can. Your two 5*s should cover you pretty far in classic dungeons.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Quick question about Shellga and Protectga.

How long do they last? And what level should you hone them both to?