Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Anyone preparing for the WHM Nightmare Dungeon? I'm considering honing Saint Cross to R3... but that would consume all my Holy Orbs meaning i won't be able to hone Holy / Craft Diaga... I could also hone Thief's Revenge to R3 but then I'd be moderately shafted for Full Charge further down the line, and there are a lot less thieves than knights in the game.

Decisions Decisions...

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It kind of annoys me that I can't easily defeat the FF VII Ultimate using 80/80/80/65/65 level characters with FF VII synergy, and nearly a full loadout of FF VII synergy gear. Cloud, Sephiroth, Zack, Red XIII, Reno and Vincent are all 80. All others are 65. Like. Wat.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Don't craft Saint's Cross for the WHM Nightmare dungeon. My understanding is the boss is ranged and physical attacks trigger a counter. Hone it for other reasons because it's really good but not for the Nightmare.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
I meant I'd need the holy orbs for crafting Diaga and Holy. 40 orbs for R3 is pretty steep, and there aren't any rewards for Holy Orbs coming soon.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I have pCecils SSB and Aurons SSB. I don't have either character, and one soul of the hero. Who should I unlock?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Aurons SSB is better, Pecil is the better character. But Auron can tauntaliate currently and if you are a relatively new player you can benefit a lot from that so... Auron.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I meant I'd need the holy orbs for crafting Diaga and Holy. 40 orbs for R3 is pretty steep, and there aren't any rewards for Holy Orbs coming soon.
Keep in mind that you don't need to do the Nightmare immediately. You can complete it any time the Nightmare Dungeon is open. So I'd focus on making you team stronger overall and come back to the WHM Dungeon later. It's my understanding that the WHM one is overtuned and a lot of people struggled with it since people don't have multiple copies of WHM abilities. After all most people don't take more than one White Mage on their team.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't choose Faris as your Support 5 tbh... her defensive stats are REALLY bad, and it makes quite a big difference especially for harder content. Ramza or Sazh would be my preference, or whoever has the current realm synergy.
I really like Faris. We just skipped the event which would have given us her MC2, though. Faris has a super wide ability and equipment selection - Thief5, Sup5, Dancer, etc. makes for some really fun combinations. Like Ramza, she's equally good as a support or something else entirely.

Anyone preparing for the WHM Nightmare Dungeon? I'm considering honing Saint Cross to R3... but that would consume all my Holy Orbs meaning i won't be able to hone Holy / Craft Diaga... I could also hone Thief's Revenge to R3 but then I'd be moderately shafted for Full Charge further down the line, and there are a lot less thieves than knights in the game.

Decisions Decisions...
WHM Nightmare is a classic honey trap. I'll save my orbs, thank you.

So I have pCecils SSB and Aurons SSB. I don't have either character, and one soul of the hero. Who should I unlock?
Auron's SSB is a really good stacking debuff (ATK/DEF) that fits really well onto melee teams. Pecil gives you a strong Paladin (Pro/Shellga hybrid character) with great tankiness. I prefer Auron between the two - it's Pecil's BSSB that is arguably #1 in the game.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
So.... U+ was quite an experience. I decided to try going Yolo and actually managed to 1-shot it. Pretty sure there was some luck involved:

RW: Shout

Balthier: Dismissal R4 / Drain Strike R4
Vaan: Thief's Revenge R2 / Armor Breakdown R3 - TR was only 4 hits too cause I forgot to level Vaan higher.
Fran: Full Break R2 / Power Breakdown R4
Basch: Saint's Cross R2 / Banishing Strike R4
Panelo: Curaja R5 / Protectga R1

No SG / SS2, No SB used at all. I'm surprised I managed to survive. Got lucky that the rooks only cast Drain once on Basch for like 4.4k health, and had a decent few Dismissal Procs though they weren't that clutch. I felt the Ultimate was actually harder this time too...

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I was all excited about Relm's RM2, thinking that it would save me some effort in Min/Maxing, but I just today realized it doesn't help anything unless they proc at the same time.

Also, man is this a disappointing orbfest. It's like having Monday all weekend long.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finally mastered the demon wall. Honestly was surprised, I had a hard time with that due to not enough single target SB's.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
For those who don't pay attention to the Japanese version:

They just added the next tier of Soul Break Relics to the game. Overflow Super Soul Break (OSSB). Of course Cloud gets the first and it's a glorified BSB weapon. You get the +10 Attack from Mastering it and when you use it your Attack and Defend commands change. But the big things are when you pull the Relic it starts as a 6 star item. 167 Attack on it unaugmented. So you can combine it up to an 8 star if you get enough of them. Finally the biggest change is that it lifts the damage cap. The SB is a single hit but that single hit doesn't have a damage cap and the one promo for it showed it hitting for 46K damage. I think the Burst commands also have the damage cap lifted but not sure on that.

I had 100 Mythril on my Japan account that I don't play too seriously (only 71 Stamina). First pull was Zack's SSB and my second pull was another Zack's SSB and Cloud's new sword. The rainbow orb that shows up is really lame looking (it's a sparkling disco ball) but you get over the stupid graphic pretty quickly when you actually pull the sword.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Figured I'd try this game out since it's recommended as similar to Brave Frontier. There any decent starter tips I should know, or noob traps I should avoid as a new player? Am I ok to just level the units I like or should I be focusing on specific meta characters, etc?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Figured I'd try this game out since it's recommended as similar to Brave Frontier. There any decent starter tips I should know, or noob traps I should avoid as a new player? Am I ok to just level the units I like or should I be focusing on specific meta characters, etc?
There is a bit of power creep and you are playing catch up. Cloud is one of the first characters you receive and you should use him heavily since he can use an ability called retaliate. Activate retaliate and have your weaker characters attack him and he'll attack the enemy. You can use this method to complete some content you wouldn't otherwise. There is also abilities called double cut and tempo flurry you should look into crafting. They attack twice for reduced damage, but if you aim it at Cloud when retaliating, he'll just attack twice. Get rid of the core classes ASAP they suck.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
In addition to what Ancient said, you can check out the beginner's guide, it's a good starting point to kick off:

[Newbie guide] Part 1: the startup : FFRecordKeeper
[Newbie guide] Part 2 - the farming : FFRecordKeeper
[Newbie Guide] Part 3 - the planning : FFRecordKeeper
[Newbie Guide] Part 4 - relic pull and team choice : FFRecordKeeper

Cloud is especially good early on as he's got solid stats, can use spell blades to hit elemental weakness and can be a retaliator. He does fall off as you get more versatile characters (Gilgamesh is probably the best if you continue using a retaliate team) and relics, but that's a long way from now.

Save your Mythril and do a pull on the beginner's banner for 50 Mythril. In addition to whatever drops, you'll get to choose a guaranteed 5* from the list. Depending on what other relics you pull, I personally would choose Storm Staff, Tyrfing or Stormlance Grimoire... but we can see what makes sense after you do the pull as it may overlap.