Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the help and links. I did the beginner 11 relic banner and some special half off 11 relics for 25 mithril banner. Ended up with a 5* relic from each (capella for balthier and healing grimoire for tyro). I chose tyrfing from the free choices, and got a 5* dagger (danjuro) from the tutorial. The team I'm running now to use those 4 relics are cloud, balthier, wakka, ashe, tyro.

I tried the retaliate thing, but at least at my level (around level 27'ish) every single boss fight is over in 1 round just from using the friends you can take into combat. I read that most characters are limited availability, so I guess my goal is to try to powerlevel as much as possible and finish this special event for vaan before it's gone for a long time.

Fun game, and I'm really digging the classic music. Nostalgia overload.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the help and links. I did the beginner 11 relic banner and some special half off 11 relics for 25 mithril banner. Ended up with a 5* relic from each (capella for balthier and healing grimoire for tyro). I chose tyrfing from the free choices, and got a 5* dagger (danjuro) from the tutorial. The team I'm running now to use those 4 relics are cloud, balthier, wakka, ashe, tyro.

I tried the retaliate thing, but at least at my level (around level 27'ish) every single boss fight is over in 1 round just from using the friends you can take into combat. I read that most characters are limited availability, so I guess my goal is to try to powerlevel as much as possible and finish this special event for vaan before it's gone for a long time.

Fun game, and I'm really digging the classic music. Nostalgia overload.
Balthier's Capella is one of the better SB weapons, congratulations! He's one of the game's top characters, no doubt.

Wakka is awful, ditch him ASAP.

Ashe is a fine black mage, fairly middling.

Vaan will be a great addition to your team - he has good stats, can use a lot of equipment, and a great ability pool too!

My #1 advice for a new player is to dump mythril into stamina refreshes as you run through classic story stuff. You'll come out ahead with tons of mythril, will quickly get to a usable stamina cap, and get lots of good rewards! Sunday and Tuesday dailies are most important for new players - use an AOE friend summon to clear two waves, then use your strongest abilities to finish off the last one, then retreat and keep repeating the hardest difficulty setting.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Don't. Put all your mithril into pulling equipment, you'll catch up eventually and with better gear.

Stamina refreshes up to your total, since you have low stamina you'll get little for your mithtil.

I've played from the start and never used stamina refreshes.

If you want levels, use the growth eggs from events.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I think I agree with Chris. If you spend your mithril refreshing core dungeons, you don't get much bang for your buck and you are just rushing to reach content that will be very difficult because you don't have the characters, gear, and hones accumulated from doing events.

Kintun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Out of curiosity, does anyone else really not give a shit about The FF VIII characters and realm? I have a random 5* relic and Rinoa's SSB and frankly I'm just doing the event for completions sake, not to improve the character.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
FF8 is my favorite realm but I have no character relics there.
I have two rinoa thrown caster weapons, and I just DGAF. I'll struggle through it for the mithril and some free gear (and MCs), but I need to focus more on the core dungeons for stamina.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
VIII is a bad realm for me so I decided to dip into my stash and try and get some physical synergy. 2 Ulysses, 3 fucking pinwheels and 1 off banner VI Golden Spear (250 Mythril spent). Normal character banners (and VIII in particular) just seem to hate me. Almost all of my good stuff has come from Celebration Banners. I still have 100 Mythril left and I'm just saving that towards the BSB Celebration late June. I was hoping to spend on IX's Banner 2 but my IX synergy is already really good and I went deeper on VIII than I should have.

One thing that occurred to me after the pulls was that those 3 fucking Pinwheels would have been character relics if I had waited until a Celebration. So it sucks only pulling once every 3 months but it seems to be the only way I can actually get good stuff. I have great luck on Celebration banners but terrible luck on regular ones. I just need to remember that lesson.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I pulled Edea's relic and Laguna's jacket. Is Laguna any good?
Laguna's a solid machinist/combat character. His stats are basically equivalent to Lightning/Squall/Cloud, with good ability selection (machinist 5, combat 4, celerity 4), but his weapon selection is a bit limited.

Not a standout, but he's plenty serviceable and the jacket is 100% chance to stop for niche use.
smile.png

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm stuck with what skills to use on Yuffie... right now i'm just bringing two veils (fire+lightning) for grinding, but I'm not sure what to use. I wanted to keep lifesiphon+tempo flurry on Jecht and Bartz because holyshit they're awesome, but should I be hone a 3rd lifesiphon for yuffie?

Healthfood

Golden Squire
I'm pretty sure Yuffie can't use Life Siphon, so you don't have to worry about it. I used her for the U+ with Steal Power + Dismissal, but needed to attack normally at the start. If you have shout I think Dismissal + Thief's Raid probably works best, or a Dance + Dismissal / Tempo Flurry depending on your hones.

Speaking of the Ultimates... damn things are getting rough without native wall or shout, especially the U+ with a ticking clock. It forced me to R3 my Full Break to have enough hones to keep up, and I ran through all my abilities before killing him.

Kintun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, Yuffie can't use lifesiphon. Dismissal and a veil/steal works. She can sap as well. I used her for my U+ Medica on the VIII event with dismissal and tempo flurry and mastered it.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My team's now around level 43'ish, making steady progress through the story dungeons. Using the team Basch, Balthier, Vaan, Ashe, Tyro. I recently got a hero's soul item which lets me trade it to unlock any character of my choice. From what I read, Kuja will be added as a very strong mage in an event soon, so I'll probably swap Ashe for him when that happens. Is there a unit I should swap into my current team using this hero's soul to make it stronger? I have a lot of those growth egg things to catch them up easily enough.

The main problem I seem to have is healing AoE damage. I looked through the spells to craft and I can't really find aoe healing? The harder fights I tend to have to just race against the clock to win before a bosses aoe wears down my team. Ashe and Tyro both spend all their turns casting single target cures trying to keep up, but it feels inefficient. Where's the white wind ability or whatever to counter aoe nukes?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
My team's now around level 43'ish, making steady progress through the story dungeons. Using the team Basch, Balthier, Vaan, Ashe, Tyro. I recently got a hero's soul item which lets me trade it to unlock any character of my choice. From what I read, Kuja will be added as a very strong mage in an event soon, so I'll probably swap Ashe for him when that happens. Is there a unit I should swap into my current team using this hero's soul to make it stronger? I have a lot of those growth egg things to catch them up easily enough.

The main problem I seem to have is healing AoE damage. I looked through the spells to craft and I can't really find aoe healing? The harder fights I tend to have to just race against the clock to win before a bosses aoe wears down my team. Ashe and Tyro both spend all their turns casting single target cures trying to keep up, but it feels inefficient. Where's the white wind ability or whatever to counter aoe nukes?
Stop using two healers. Ashe is a black mage, not a white mage.

Ditch Tyro--Basch does the Tauntilate thing just fine--and use a real character with stats.

Use more mitigation. If you aren't using Magic Break and Shellga, start using them both on every fight that deals magic damage (Power Break + Protectga for physical fights).

Farm growth eggs like mad from the Sunday exp daily. You should be able to get your team from level 43 to level 52+ in a single day, which is a lot of power gain.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You need two white mages but one healer, so you can cast both shellaga and protega in a fight - the best defence spells - but also have room for a healing spell.

For the second one you need a hybrid character, my favorites are:

Paladins - Physical attack skills with white magic. Beatrix/Paladin Cecil/Agrias. Agrias is probably the best.

Sages - Black and White magic. Hope/Vanille/Fusoya/Tellah/Exdeath/Golbez.

You'll also need a Samurai for Reraliate which can make up for bad gear since you give him all your best gear and have the other characters attack him. Gilgamesh/Basch/Auron/Tyro. Gilgamesh is the best one without a doubt.

Last two slots are support and machinist for a newbie, so keep Vaan and Balthier.

So... you need to drop Ashe and Tyro. I would use the Hero Soul on your favorite sage type character and use Tyro as a healer until you find a real white mage.