Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
As the difficult fights get longer, I've never regretted high rank 4* summons. I have R5 Maduin and R5 Valefor and bring them on a summoner to every magic based fight. They out-DPS any other 4 star ability by a large margin. Bahamut isn't very useful until R3, and much better at R4, but the material requirement is immense. Saint's Cross is similar. Needs R3 to really be usable. I'd recommend to keep banking orbs until you need it for a fight and have enough banked to hone it to useful levels. If you need some R4-R5 4* abilities to beat difficult fights go for it. If not, save up for universally useful things like R3 Full Break, R3 Saint's Cross, R3 Bahamut, etc.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If you're on an orb budget, don't upgrade to R5. Honing from 4 to 5 takes about as many orbs as going from 1 to 4.

Kintun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Depends on the skill. Lifesiphon R5 is useful for clearing dungeon trash while saving a few charges for the boss. Skills like Full Break or Saints Cross you may want to save. Lifesiphon, Tempo Flurry, Dismissal at R5 can set you up for the final boss better than a few 5* R3's, a good balance helps.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
For those who don't keep up with spoilers tonight we get our first Mote Dungeon. It's a 1 stamina fight that rewards 4 star motes (used for the second tier of Record Sphere abilities). A couple of notes on this one:

Our first mote dungeon is Ifrit from VIII (and VIII characters do get synergy). The most important thing to know is that this fight is available for a week or two but it does come back every month similar to the Nightmare Dungeons. If you can't beat it this time around you can try again next month and the month after and so on. This is important because in the Japan version this fight is considered the most difficult Mote Dungeon (and boss in general) to the point that he's overtuned. Basically he hits really hard, really fast and has extremely high DEF and RES. There is a Cid's Mission for him which rewards additional 4 star motes but most people are going to struggle with their A-Team let alone a CM team. Future Mote Bosses keep CMs but reward Major Orbs instead of 4 star motes.

The consensus is to give the fight a try and see how you do but not to get too upset if you can't beat it now. Power Creep will, eventually, make the fight much more manageable. Particularly when they release Chain-Blizzaga (5 star Black Magic ability that casts back to back Blizzagas). Japan also got a "Lucky Draw" that was themed around Ice SBs. Pulling on this banner and getting something like Rinoa's BSB or Edea's SSB go a long way to making the fight more manageable.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm planning to give Ifrit the old college try. I'm even going so far as to trying it with a Cid's Mission team because my VIII Magic Synergy is really good. This is my proposed lineup.

Irvine: Full Break + Magic Breakdown. Soul Break is DEF and RES down from a 6 star Ulysses.
Selphie: Curaja + Protectga. Soul Break is a medium sized group cure from the original Selphie Stick.
Edea: Memento Mori + Dark Zone. Soul Break is Haste + MAG up.
Quistis: Mental Breakdown + Blizzaja. Soul Break is Haste + Shellga + Heavy Regen
Rinoa: Shiva + Blizzaga. Soul Breaks aren't worth mentioning but she has the highest MAG. She'll also start the fight by using my RW
RW will be Wall.

All characters will be using a Fire Resist Accessory. I have the full trinity here with the RW. My plan is to use turn 1 to get up all the mitigation I can. Edea and Quistis are using Mako Might and Dr. Mog's Teachings to get their SBs up immediately. Hopefully this will be enough for me to take him down. I actually think that this team is better than my traditional A-Team simply because of the Synergy (everyone is level 80) and I can keep everyone in the back row. Now that I've got some of the key Mage Meta items I'm actually finding it to be just as effective as the traditional Shout setup.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
That team seems about as flawless as it gets for ifrit. If you can't beat it, the rest of us probably have no hope!

I can't even attempt it cid mission style, but I'm going to spend some time trying with my usual team. I'm a little worried because I don't think I have any VIII synergy items at all, and I only have the one fire resist ring we got from an event recently. I'd love to get some 4* motes, but if I end up not able to beat it, I won't feel too bad since it sounds like we get a lot more motes from easier bosses in the near future. I do have edward's harp for the mage shout, so maybe I should try to craft a bunch of ice magic and go with a backrow mage team instead of my typical shout frontline setup. We'll see.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My team CAN beat him with Cid's Mission. I just need an attempt where he doesn't do 3x Meteors when he's under 5%. I'll get him tomorrow.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Damn Angel that is some really dope FF8 gear you have. I can definitely see it taking down ifrit with some good luck on his AEs

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mastered it with the A team, you need Shout, AoE Curaga then I had 2 BSB and one SSB. I bet you can do it with less BSB and more Ice SSB though. It's easy mechanically, just a gear check.

Don't think I can do any of the 3 Cid Missions since I have synergy gear but no SBs. Then again Bahamut was easy.

They changed the rewards and put the Cid Mission motes into the mastery reward, so I'm happy to leave the major orbs there.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Mastered it with the A team, you need Shout, AoE Curaga then I had 2 BSB and one SSB. I bet you can do it with less BSB and more Ice SSB though. It's easy mechanically, just a gear check.

Don't think I can do any of the 3 Cid Missions since I have synergy gear but no SBs. Then again Bahamut was easy.

They changed the rewards and put the Cid Mission motes into the mastery reward, so I'm happy to leave the major orbs there.
That's an odd sentiment considering the major orbs are much more valuable.

Haven't done Bahamut yet, but I was able to CM the propagators with Laguna SSB RW.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I tried ifrit a few times, no success. If I crafted and honed some stuff, used some eggs on some reserve characters, maybe I could beat it... maybe. With the support nightmare event opening soon, I think my limited resources are better spent making sure I can build a team to take out that since it's a once a year event. After (if) I master the support nightmare dungeon, I'll come back to ifrit if he's still around.

This will be my first nightmare dungeon, so I'm looking forward to it.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I tried ifrit a few times, no success. If I crafted and honed some stuff, used some eggs on some reserve characters, maybe I could beat it... maybe. With the support nightmare event opening soon, I think my limited resources are better spent making sure I can build a team to take out that since it's a once a year event. After (if) I master the support nightmare dungeon, I'll come back to ifrit if he's still around.

This will be my first nightmare dungeon, so I'm looking forward to it.
Nightmare dungeons are open one third of the time. All previous nightmares are available.

The same is true of Mote dungeons.

My VIII characters aren't well-leveled, and the SB's I have aren't conducive to success against Ifrit. A couple Rinoa thrown weapons, Quistis Whip, and Swords offer stats but without heal or ice SB's or any armors means only unconventional strategies would give me a chance.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Nightmare dungeons are open one third of the time. All previous nightmares are available.
I didn't realize they were all going to be open, that's awesome news! Now I know where all of my energy will be spent for the next week or so....

Kintun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Support Nightmare wasn't so bad. Sazh/Fran/Keeper/Kain/Arc. Shout for a RM, Kains SSB for no-air jumps, Frans SSB for damage, and Arcs SSB for Regen. Keeper was the weakest link but needed a dancer and he has Nightmare synergy.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
FF8 U and U+ CM weren't bad. I have Rinoa's SSB but didn't use it the most part. Memento Mori Edea and Dark Bargain - Saint Cross Seifer deals extremely high damage... Just gotta pray you don't get raped by his AE. Lightning resist helps for both too.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Apparently there's a strat taking Rinoa's BSB as your RW so will give it a go tomorrow, don't have a FF8 caster weapon though... wish I'd taken Rinoa's on beginner's selection instead of Baltheir's gun since I now have LOTS of guns.