Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My Lucky Draw wasn't great. I pulled one 5 star: Lightning's Uniform. It's not the best but it's not the worst either.

I was planning a single pull on Tyro's Banner but was waiting until after the Celerity LD. Since I didn't get much from the LD I pulled and got Lightning's Peacemaker. I'm pretty happy with that and it makes the Uniform a bit better. With the Peacemaker, Uniform and Agrias's Shield my Lightning is going to be a Thunder goddess.

As for my pick, I took Vanille's group cure rod for the upcoming CM.

Overall pretty happy but I'm totally tapped out on Mythril.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Where's the full list of what you can pick for the Tyro banner?

Healthfood

Golden Squire
I guess I got pretty lucky - got 3 x 5*, healing grimoire (bah), and Zidane's SSB + BSSB! Woulda liked more diversity since I already have Beatrix's Ragnarok, but I like thief Char's so pretty happy with Zidane getting some shit.

Ao - you can check it from the banner itself, there's a link to the possible choices.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wooo beat and mastered my first U+

This one felt easier and I'm skipping the U++ fight because I just don't have the team for it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i wasn't sure what the heck to do with my Warrior of Light when i did a CM attempt on that last Ultimate battle in Dissidia... saw a Cecil BSB RW at the bottom of my RW list, tho, and decided i'd just have WoL spam that. the 2x hit AE burst command was doing 9999 damage per swing, on both targets. total 40k damage per swing lol. made the fight very trivial.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hrm, I should try that and just put WoL in my Bartz DPS spot. Did you need native wall?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i used native wall, not sure if i needed it. Garland and Golbez mainly use magic attacks, so you might be able to get by with Shellga and a +Resist SB or something.

its only a 1 stamina battle, so it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Started this back up yesterday. i had played a lot the first few months it was put but quit because i only ever managed two SB weapons with crap luck and just kind of tired of S/L for bad rng and retaliate. I remember hoarding mithril forever to get a Sentinel Grimoire, which i finally pulled at least. Blood lance was the other one.

I have several characters who are broken to 65 it looks like. Which characters are worth focusing on now? i pulled Vaans burst weapon on the 25 mithril pull today so him and Tyro are definitely my two keepers.

I was able to do the FF12 event boss rushes to get the RM2 rewards so I guess i am still in pretty good shape, but all these different types of soul break weapons and ultimate missions are pretty overwhelming now.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I have several characters who are broken to 65 it looks like. Which characters are worth focusing on now? i pulled Vaans burst weapon on the 25 mithril pull today so him and Tyro are definitely my two keepers.

Without knowing much about what you have available, I'll assume you don't have a medica, and if that's the case, I'd recommend you do the select banner and choose Ramza's grand armor for a medica, then you could run a team something like:

Tyro healer with wall SB
Ramza support for fullbreak and medica SB
Vaan dps/support with his burst mode (I like to give mine Mako Might to start in burst mode immediately vs bosses)
Two more random physical dps units.
Roaming Warrior: Shout

Some units are of course better than others, but even a poor unit like Gau can be superior to a unit like Tidus if you happen to pull their relics, so it's hard to recommend you focus on anyone specific. Generally try to pick people with a wide skill or equipment selection. Agrias is a nice general purpose unit for example.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Started this back up yesterday. i had played a lot the first few months it was put but quit because i only ever managed two SB weapons with crap luck and just kind of tired of S/L for bad rng and retaliate. I remember hoarding mithril forever to get a Sentinel Grimoire, which i finally pulled at least. Blood lance was the other one.

I was able to do the FF12 event boss rushes to get the RM2 rewards so I guess i am still in pretty good shape, but all these different types of soul break weapons and ultimate missions are pretty overwhelming now.

Vaan's Burst is still arguably the best in the game in JP (~5 months ahead of global). It's instant-cast and a stacks-with-everything MAG/DEF debuff on a character that can use any melee weapon, Lifesiphon, Support 4, Thief's Raid, and will be in the first group to go to 99.

I'd use Vaan in a hybrid offensive/defensive role, with Tyro as your Support 5. Vaan with his Burst and commands gets you Magic Breakdown and Armor Breakdown. Load up Tyro with, say, Full Break and Shellga or whatever you need.

White mages are all interchangeable - go with whoever you get a relic for first.

Your other two spots are free, for now, for your favorite characters. FFT is up next--Delita and Agrias are both absolutely top-tier with their knight/spellblade/paladin skillsets--and my favorite. You're set up well for a Shout RW (+50% ATK = +100% more melee damage, and haste) with your first two units, so really knock yourself out. Pecil, Agrias, Delita, and Gilgamesh are some of the most popular - you'll get one hero's soul (choose any hero) + 1 blank MC1 + 1 blank MC2 per event, so there's no need to hold out.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I didnt know about hero souls, that is pretty cool. I didnt pick any up from the ff12 or dissidia events though. did i miss them somehow?

Arakkis

N00b
I've been running a team that all can cast Drain or Steal HP and leaving out teh white mage for added dps. I also have them all have physical atk as their primary stat so they all benefit from the bard +atk buff. Right now I have Zack, Yuffie, Red XII, Locke, and Thancred all with Supers.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I didnt know about hero souls, that is pretty cool. I didnt pick any up from the ff12 or dissidia events though. did i miss them somehow?

Dissidia might have skipped it, because it's not a regular event (only 7 mythril, no Classic/Elite etc.). FF12 probably had it - Hero's Soul is usually the reward from the highest difficulty in the classic tier.

To use them, start at the home page and then select "The Annex" near the top right corner. Go to "Hall of Rites" and it will tell you how many of each you have available to use and each "banner" will take you too the Hall to choose from available heroes.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Anyone ever gotten anything better than 4* items from the free relic draw? Just curious if its even possible.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the odds used to be that each person could pull like one 5* per year from it or something like that, but for some reason they nerfed that.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never got anything above 3*, haven't bothered pulling in quite some time as I'd just get triggered every time I had to sell shit before entering a dungeon because my inventory was filled with that useless crap.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I pulled a single 5 star from the daily draw when the rates were better. Unfortunately it was a pretty crappy one that I've never even used. I see the occasional 3 star but it's really a waste to pull these days.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
After the ultra grind during orbfest, it's nice to have only a few event fights to do every couple of days. I crafted rank 2 Saint's Cross, Thief's Revenge, and Full Charge from the orbfest, so my toolbox is much stronger these days. Saint's Cross especially has been amazing, and I want to get that one to rank 3 asap.

The FFTactics event was kind of easy to do Cid mode, as expected. For the fight against Algus, I swapped out my usual healer for Penelo to do some dancing multibreaks, then I focused down the black mages before working on Algus. They didn't have to die, but they do the most damage in the fight, and they have less life (and Algus heals himself) so it seemed a good strategy. Without his mage support, Algus died easily enough.

The Cuchulainn fight seemed easier than Algus. I have Vaan's Ark Blast, and Agrias's Cleansing Strike, and both of those are stacking sources of magic debuffs. When you combine both with the also stacking Full Break and Magic Breakdown.... yeah, his AoE attacks did like 200 damage, even during his critical phase. As a cherry on top, he has a weakness to holy damage...

The second half of Dissidia felt like a step up in difficulty, and significantly harder than the Chaos portion from last week. I'm sure the main reason it felt harder is that unlike the first half, this time the only units I brought that got the synergy bonus were the bare mininum required for cid missions. For the fight against Bartz, I used Cecil in the backrow wielding a bow and tanking with Draw Fire, which completely nullified all of Bartz's attacks in the first half of the fight. Second half, when he swaps to all AoE moves, it got a lot more deadly, mostly because yet again I forgot to give my healer a shared medica relic... For the cid mission, I just had Exdeath stand in as the white mage role, with Drainga slotted to fulfill the dark medal requirement.

Cloud and Terra started off with the beatdown right out of the gate. Even debuffed, Cloud was dealing a ton of AoE damage to the whole squad. After focusing down Cloud, the fight was basically won since Terra being purely magical based means she's a toothless wimp when put up against Vaan's stacking BSB debuffs. I got Kefka's cloak from a 100 gem pull, and Kefka seems like a really nice mage with dark access, so maybe he can find a slot on the main team when I do mage comps.

Now we wait until the FF13 event! The cid missions from here will be a whole lot more challenging since it's back to being realm restricted, unlike the last 3 weeks. No more Ramza and Vaan :(

Last edited:

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Loving Kefka since I got his Tier 2 crystal, his was one of the original SB relics I received. Great as a mage, and the dancer & Darkness skills are nice options.

Currently running Zack, Palom, Lenna, Bacsh, and Terra. Destroyed the latest 2 events with that team, all up to 80 now. Have Bartz, Kefka, and a yet to be chosen new 80 for backups. Have various unused SB equipment, not sure who next. I don't have a knight yet, was thinking going Seifer as I have his SB relic armor, which is also upgraded to lvl25. Also have an armor and weapon for Rikku.

I'll give yall credit, I've gone from a scrub farming dailys and just getting the daily rewards, to someone starting to tackle the nightmares. Can't finish them off, generally manage just the first 3 battles, but huge improvement vs a month ago.