Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The FF13 ultimate fights seemed much harder than recent events, but I was still able to complete them with terrible FF13 synergy, including the cid mission.

Hecatoncheir frontloaded massive damage immediately, which made me have to reload twice since he kept killing someone before I got a single action to even think about mitigation. On the third try though, he decided to be merciful and spread out his initial attacks among the team, which let me stack up all the mitigations. After all mitigation was up, he still hurt, but it was manageable. No cid mission available, so taking the main team was a big help.

Cid Raines was a huge step up in difficulty from the last few weeks, at least when doing him cid mission style. I decided to take shout as a roaming warrior, which meant I didn't have wall, so he was absolutely pounding my team with major AoE damage. One of my only two relics in FF13 happens to be a medica for Vanille, which otherwise I don't think I would have had a chance in hell doing this CM. I won with only like 8 seconds left on the doom timer, so skipping shout and taking a wall RM wouldn't have really been an option either. At the end, he killed someone and the rest of the team was at like 5% health and poisoned, but I managed to take him out just in time. Definitely a satisfying fight, and much more fun than the sleepwalk ultimates of FFT and Dissidia.

CM Team I used for final boss:

Snow -- Banishing Strike, Saint's Cross -- no SB -- +30% Knight RM
Lightning -- Thundaga Strike, Full Charge -- Blazefire SB -- +10% damage RM
Fang -- Blood of the Wyvern, Leeching Leap -- no SB -- +30% Dragoon RM
Sazh -- Magic Breakdown, Full Break -- shared shell SB -- +30% Support RM
Vanille -- Curaja, Shellga -- medica + ether SB and medica + protectga SB -- +1 sb charge RM
Roaming: Shout

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Note that the first Ultimate no longer has a CM associated with it. For the next month only the U+ has a CM. In October they introduce a new level of difficulty U++. The first one or two has a CM but it gets dropped pretty quickly after that.

The Ultimate took me a S/L because the front loaded damage was crazy. Cid took me a couple of tries as well doing it CM style. The first try I went with Wall and wasn't going to have enough time. Second time I dropped Wall and took Shout but he got very AOE happy at the end and wiped me. Third time I beat him easily since he spent half the fight buffing himself.

My final team:

Lightning: Lifesiphon, Power Break. I have her SSB
Vanille: Curaja, Shellga. I have her Heal + Protectga
Sazh: Full Break, Magic Breakdown.
Hope: Spells.
Snow: Armor Break, Banishing Strike.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
I really want to save Mythril for the Guaranteed 5*... but Gilgamesh's banner 1 is such a strong banner that I have to do at least one pull (And probably be further tempted with 3x pulls). Every single item is niche and amazing, and I would really love Krile's Sheep Song

https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/10501200/20160331_VQS60Nfa7JQ.mp4

Anyway, Am thinking of honing one of my 5* physical AE's now that I've gotten all the main 5* skill to R3. Unfortunately they all need MPO so I can only do one. I've put the current realms that can use it, haven't factored future characters or potential dive upgrades, Which one do you guys prefer:
1. Tornado Strike: This is actually my top choice with potential upcoming En-spell meta, unfortunately it's pretty niche usage. (V, VI, VIII, FFT)
2. Flashing Blade: Samurai's are the King of AE and I believe this does the most damage barring double crits from Sky Grinder?, unfortunately only a small set of realms have access (V, VI, VII, X)
3. Bio-Grenade: AE Bio damage (Potentially useful for FFVIII seifer crew), high chance to poison. slightly lower damage, highest realm coverage (VI x2, VII, VIII, X, XII, XIII, FFT)
4. Sky Grinder: Better coverage than Flashing Blade, guaranteed crit seems nice (II, IV, VIII, IX, X, XIII)
5. Doppelblade: Just putting this here for completeness... I normally run Ninjas as spell casters or thieves (IV, VI, VII, XIV)

Tornado Strike and Bio-Grenade are the 2 i'm considering, first one due to En-spell meta (although upcoming snowstorm strike is an upgrade) and next one due to large realm coverage and poison.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've got Tornado Strike at R3, but that might just be because I'm a Celes fanboy and she is one of the few characters that can use it. I also have Squall and Delita SSBs, so it sees some use on them.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Note that the first Ultimate no longer has a CM associated with it. For the next month only the U+ has a CM. In October they introduce a new level of difficulty U++. The first one or two has a CM but it gets dropped pretty quickly after that.
So cid missions are being phased out? That's sad news. Just for my own amusement, I went back and re-did the final ultimate battle using my main team, and was just blown away by how much easier it felt. Cid mission Raines was an edge of my seat barely squeeze by win, but using the exact same equipment on my main team (with far superior soulbreaks) he was a total joke (mostly due to having native shout, so I could RW wall, and stack multiple debuff soulbreaks like Vaan and Agrias).

Without cid missions, then every ultimate battle will be the same team lineup, with maybe 1 member swapped around to hit a medal requirement. Seems like a step backwards, but maybe the new U++ fights are so insane, we'll be glad we have full freedom on team building. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also, to Healthfood, we're getting Paine in FFX in a few weeks, and she's another spellblade 5 user for Tornado Strike. I'd go with tornado since the others have minimal users, and most machine 5 users generally have something more valuable they can slot (like support 5 and such).

Chris

Potato del Grande
So cid missions are being phased out? That's sad news. Just for my own amusement, I went back and re-did the final ultimate battle using my main team, and was just blown away by how much easier it felt. Cid mission Raines was an edge of my seat barely squeeze by win, but using the exact same equipment on my main team (with far superior soulbreaks) he was a total joke (mostly due to having native shout, so I could RW wall, and stack multiple debuff soulbreaks like Vaan and Agrias).

Without cid missions, then every ultimate battle will be the same team lineup, with maybe 1 member swapped around to hit a medal requirement. Seems like a step backwards, but maybe the new U++ fights are so insane, we'll be glad we have full freedom on team building. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also, to Healthfood, we're getting Paine in FFX in a few weeks, and she's another spellblade 5 user for Tornado Strike. I'd go with tornado since the others have minimal users, and most machine 5 users generally have something more valuable they can slot (like support 5 and such).
I think he means there's only CM on the
U+ and not the U++.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
There's a Black Mage Lucky Draw later this month. I really could use some good Mage relics but unless they implement guaranteed 5 star by then I'm skipping it. Half off for a 0 / 11 pull is still a waste of Mythril with guaranteed 5 just around the corner.

Arakkis

N00b
huh I got Lightning's Super and Unique soul breaks on the lucky draw. Guess she is going to have to be added to the lineup now. How does a spellblade even use a gun? Does it shoot tiny magic swords?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Lucky draw got me 2 dupes of relics I've already drawn - Sazh's Vega (Boon) @ Lvl25 is 108 ATK, and a Platinum Shield with +20% Holy DMG and shield stats.

I'm planning to target the next FFT banner, which features more knights. Not a lot of good Holy skills other than Saint's Cross and duplicates seems weird, might need to get a good burst or something. Knight banner with G5 might be appealing now?

Healthfood

Golden Squire
I realized I have Zidane's BSSB which gives imperil wind, so I honed Tornado Strike to R2 and can't wait to use it! Lucky Draw got me Penalo's Heal + Attack Boost and Lenna's mini-shout... nice for Cid Mission and could be worse so can't really complain. My next draw should be Gilgamesh #1, with the Dungeon update and the upcoming events I should hopefully be able to hit 50 Mythril.

Mote Dungeon comes back tomorrow, hopefully will be able to get Ifrit with Quistis' new shinny toy.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol got the Ashe Magic Sword that's also on the Tyro selection. Any good uses for those?

Already have a megaphone, flute and harp for Ninja Ramza. I guess it's additional magic ninja options?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Lol got the Ashe Magic Sword that's also on the Tyro selection. Any good uses for those?

Already have a megaphone, flute and harp for Ninja Ramza. I guess it's additional magic ninja options?

I've used Desch's sword (a magic weapon with strong attack rating) on Celes before, while she was equipped otherwise as a black mage. It let's her do respectable "free" attack dps to clear trash of a dungeon, while saving all her nuke hones for the final boss that requires magic or range. That's more of a thing when your hones are low and you have to play budget with dungeon clearing, but it's something!

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Nightmare Ninja magic, definitely.

Since it's an older relic, it doesn't have a superb MAG stat but should be a great stat stick in XII (the pool of magic sword users isn't huge, but Terra and Ashe are both good-to-great casters).

Golbez is fun to use with a hybrid weapon. I got his axe when he was first released--it had the most MAG stat in the game and featured the best soulbreak--and it was fun to do a back row Draw Fire/-Ja combo as the damage protected the rest of my team and charged his SB. His stats at 80 are good again (65 was bad), and it's a fun alternate way to play in story dungeons.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i got two from the lucky draw... a duplicate Ras Algethi (old Balthier gun) and that old Ashe magic sword. good enough for me, having a 6* gun is neat. going to dump some Rosetta Stones into it just because.

my girlfriend's crazy beginner's luck continues. after getting two BSBs on the Celerity lucky draw, she just drew four 5* on this lucky draw. Snow and Raines' SSBs, Penelo's old medica+boostga, and Faris' ATK/MAG break SB.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I took my main team against mote Ifrit again, and got completely stomped just like last time. I have absolutely 0 synergy whatsoever for FF8, so I guess that's the main problem. I could combine a bunch of 3* and 4* items to get some fake synergy, but I think I'll just wait until the next FF8 event, which should be the new banner format, and I'll pull on that to hopefully fix the problem.

I still have limited FF13 synergy, but it didn't matter, the FF13 mote boss is a complete joke (with my main team, I did not do it cid style). I don't even understand. Did completely different teams design mote Ifrit and Teijin? Their difficulty isn't even in the same galaxy, just.... I don't understand. I expected the FF13 boss to be way harder, so I didn't even try it cid style, but seeing how easy it was compared to Ifrit, I think I'll try it cid mode this weekend when I have a bit more free time.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I did the FFXIII Mote without a single heal. It was a huge joke - lived up to JP expectations.

Mote dungeons will hover in difficulty between Ifrit and Teijin.

Part of Ifrit's difficulty is balanced around hitting weakness, with the huge boost to DEF especially. Granted, Ifrit still pumps out tons of damage to your party, but the massive HP pool and turtle defense with only a weakness to ice is garbage.