Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm getting my ass kicked. Tried the Sinzar method and got it to 5-10% so I think with some practice I can manage it.

I really don't like all the turtle strategies with Edge SSB and Alphinaud SSB, it's too stressful going without a healer - even though I've seen numerous clears with things I have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Finally got my 8th kill in for King Bememoth.... technically I should kill him four more times (and I may), but as of right now I'm done with this stupid boss, I'll just make the two copies of L99 Behemoth for my thunder deck and deal with it instead of farming the third copy for perfect optimization. I changed my team up some, which made the kill slower, but it's more stable and less reliant on RNG. This setup has zero chance to ever hit mastery, but don't care, I'd rather use 10 mithril on refreshing a daily dungeon for those missing crystals from mastery instead of working on this boss anymore (and saving 50-100 mithril by skipping fest banner 1 makes it worth it).

Here's my final team that worked "best" at farming Behemoth with my available relics:

Onion -- Meltdown r4, Chain Stonega r4 -- mUSB -- +30% Earth RM
Galuf -- Gaia's Rush r4, Protectga r3 -- CSB -- MakoMight
Elarra -- Curada r4, Allegro r3 -- BSB -- Ace Striker
Lenna -- UltraCure r5, Hastega r3 -- USB2 -- DrMogTeaching
Maria -- Chain Stonega r2, Shellga r3 -- BSB -- +30% damage RM -- She has the Major Resist accessory

Magicite:
Midgardsormr (Active), +15% earth damage inherit
Earth Guardian, +10% thunder dampen inherit
Sylph, +6% earth dampen inherit
Gizamaluke, +5% bladeward inherit
Evrae, +15% magic boon inherit

Video: King Behemoth 1min 4sec (had to remove sound to avoid copywrite strike, I had music playing while farming)

The first two rounds are critical to stabilize the fight and avoid too much wasted hones by damaging before he enrages (and starts taking more). Initial actions are:

Turn1:
Onion -- Wall RW (instant LMR)
Galuf -- Chain (quickcast LMR)
Elarra -- Allegro
Lenna -- Hastega
Maria -- Shellga

Turn2:
Onion -- Meltdown
Galuf -- Protectga
Elarra -- Allegro
Lenna -- USB2
Maria -- ChainStonega

Lenna's USB2 (which applies last stand) should land right after the first reaper and heal everyone to full and apply last stand. I had to legend dive her and max her relevant stats with crystal waters to make sure she lives until this point without heals. From there it's now just a matter of alternating medica's with Elarra and Lenna, both of which have Last Stand (I didn't use Elarra USB at all, needed last stand too much).

It's key to memorize when the savage sunder is going to land (it removes your haste). Time Onion's mUSB to land directly after a savage sunder to get your haste back up. You never have to re-cast Shellga because the only thing it works on is the Thundaga in phase one/two and it won't wear off before phase three. Refresh Protect around the 25 second mark and it should last until the end also.

A tricky point is in phase three when the boss does the savage hurl on slot 5 followed directly by a shockstorm, but if your major resist unit is in slot 5 and you time a ST heal to land in between, they should live. The next hurl -> shockstorm on slot 4 is probably going to kill them, so make sure it's a unit you can afford to lose at the end of the fight.

What a pain in the ass fight.... I haven't even touched Quezcotl, but I guess I'll give him a few tries later tonight even though we don't have stone press yet.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Finished off the parade draws and did the USB lucky (skipped the lmr and osb luckies). Results:

5 -- Dorgann BSB
4 -- Rosa LMR
3 -- Ingus LMR
2 -- Ricard BSB
1 -- Meia BSB

USB Lucky: 3/11 -- Ovelia USB, Laguna USB, Fran USB

The last 5 parade draws were shitty, though I guess Meia as a water mage en-element BSB has potential someday... maybe.

For the USB lucky, Fran is worthless of course, and Laguna USB is questionable (I have his chain, juggling two soulbreaks is challenging).

Ovelia USB is great though. I missed Aeris USB, but Ovelia USB is one of the best instant last stand medicas, so I'm glad. Unfortunately I just legend dived and maxed crystal waters on Lenna like 8 hours ago..... wtb a refund now that Ovelia just benched her. Oh well, maybe if I ever go back to work on D?? Gilgamesh torment I'll feel like it wasn't a total waste.

Last edited:

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Lightning USB ! Omgawd !

Yes yes it's old, it's not news, but I personally have lacked that fundamental relic since its inception and have drawn when it was available often. I've also had her LMR and always wanted to dive her, I just... lacked... her... USB. I loathe the terms waifu / husbando, it just sounds retarded, but I get the concept people are going for. While I have no favorites or characters I put on a pedestal that would qualify for that term "waifu", I DO hold a special place for Lightning because of FFXIII obv but also because she was my first OSB ever, first lvl 99 on here, and was my right-hand girl for most of my early FFRK content, so all of that is why this USB was significant to me (her other relics that I have of hers are just... ass...).

Yes, she's full LD'd now :D

Also, Master USB (realm draw), Barrett USB, Agrias USB. Solid showing from the two pulls tonight imo.

Haven't tried 5* magi yet... that'll be a shitshow for sure though.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Minwu USB, Balthier USB, Wakka USB

Would have been happy with just Minwu, I need more instant cast medicas.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
4/11 and not sure how I feel about it...

Locke USB, Eistein USB, Sabin USB, and Garnet USB.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Gave one attempt on Quetzcotlr.... he deals like no damage compared to BehemothKing, so that was nice, but uh, my DPS was completely trash tier because my all-star earth dps (Bartz) had to dedicate his entire time to casting OSB's to remove savage mode, which means he never really got into his groove with USB1&2, and Galuf was doing like 8k a round with Gaia's Rush.

I hate to admit defeat, and while it may be doable, it's not worth the headache trying to do this fight without the most key piece. I'll go back on Thursday when Stone Press releases, then Galuf can handle the savage removal, Bartz can focus on pure dps, and I'm also going to drop the second healer and bring another DPS instead, probably Ingus with his earth radiant shield.

I'm going to try to avoid legend diving Tifa + honing Earth Ironfist (to use with her USB2), but that may be needed... we'll see.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finally got my 8th kill in for King Bememoth.... technically I should kill him four more times (and I may), but as of right now I'm done with this stupid boss, I'll just make the two copies of L99 Behemoth for my thunder deck and deal with it instead of farming the third copy for perfect optimization. I changed my team up some, which made the kill slower, but it's more stable and less reliant on RNG. This setup has zero chance to ever hit mastery, but don't care, I'd rather use 10 mithril on refreshing a daily dungeon for those missing crystals from mastery instead of working on this boss anymore (and saving 50-100 mithril by skipping fest banner 1 makes it worth it).

Here's my final team that worked "best" at farming Behemoth with my available relics:

Onion -- Meltdown r4, Chain Stonega r4 -- mUSB -- +30% Earth RM
Galuf -- Gaia's Rush r4, Protectga r3 -- CSB -- MakoMight
Elarra -- Curada r4, Allegro r3 -- BSB -- Ace Striker
Lenna -- UltraCure r5, Hastega r3 -- USB2 -- DrMogTeaching
Maria -- Chain Stonega r2, Shellga r3 -- BSB -- +30% damage RM -- She has the Major Resist accessory

Magicite:
Midgardsormr (Active), +15% earth damage inherit
Earth Guardian, +10% thunder dampen inherit
Sylph, +6% earth dampen inherit
Gizamaluke, +5% bladeward inherit
Evrae, +15% magic boon inherit

Video: King Behemoth 1min 4sec (had to remove sound to avoid copywrite strike, I had music playing while farming)

The first two rounds are critical to stabilize the fight and avoid too much wasted hones by damaging before he enrages (and starts taking more). Initial actions are:

Turn1:
Onion -- Wall RW (instant LMR)
Galuf -- Chain (quickcast LMR)
Elarra -- Allegro
Lenna -- Hastega
Maria -- Shellga

Turn2:
Onion -- Meltdown
Galuf -- Protectga
Elarra -- Allegro
Lenna -- USB2
Maria -- ChainStonega

Lenna's USB2 (which applies last stand) should land right after the first reaper and heal everyone to full and apply last stand. I had to legend dive her and max her relevant stats with crystal waters to make sure she lives until this point without heals. From there it's now just a matter of alternating medica's with Elarra and Lenna, both of which have Last Stand (I didn't use Elarra USB at all, needed last stand too much).

It's key to memorize when the savage sunder is going to land (it removes your haste). Time Onion's mUSB to land directly after a savage sunder to get your haste back up. You never have to re-cast Shellga because the only thing it works on is the Thundaga in phase one/two and it won't wear off before phase three. Refresh Protect around the 25 second mark and it should last until the end also.

A tricky point is in phase three when the boss does the savage hurl on slot 5 followed directly by a shockstorm, but if your major resist unit is in slot 5 and you time a ST heal to land in between, they should live. The next hurl -> shockstorm on slot 4 is probably going to kill them, so make sure it's a unit you can afford to lose at the end of the fight.

What a pain in the ass fight.... I haven't even touched Quezcotl, but I guess I'll give him a few tries later tonight even though we don't have stone press yet.
Thanks, should be easier for me to clear it later with this. I have all that except Selphie instead of Lenna but I think it's the same instant Media/Last Stand. Oh but I have Chain Stonaja so I'm beating your time haha!

Quetzocotyl I have the same problem as you, it's easier to survive the boss but harder to damage it too and Bartz is on OSB duty with Ace Striker. My complete Cinque wasn't as impressive as I imagined but pretty decent, it's just not enough to only have one strong DPS. Bartz was pretty good DPS actually even with OSB so... yeah this boss is a bastard.

I'm wondering if Ingus' 75% Earth Reflect or Tifa's 100% Non Elemental Reflect will be better, I wonder how nicely Earth Reflect works with Earth Chain?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
5* magicite bosses are only 20% vulnerable, so a radiant shield at default does 90% damage (75+20%). Chain modifiers boost it (but not the field effect).

Once a chain reaches 12 count, then elemental shields will start dealing more than normal radiants, and it keeps getting better as the chain count rises. There's also the perk that every time the boss does an AoE, the reflections add +5 to the chain as well which boosts everyones dps more.

If you use an imperil on the boss (raising the weakness to 40%) then elemental chains are also superior, even without a chain (75+40% = 105% damage reflect)

TLDR: If you have a chain or an imperil, elemental radiant shields are better in 5*, but they're worse without.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got the bastard, was something like 1 minutes 6 seconds and every move had to be right. No margin for error. One medal short of mastery.

Queztacotyl next :/

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Not sure I wanna try without a chain, and Banner 1 unfortunately did not give me the missing piece. Frantically running through the dungeons for another chance.

Edit: shit out of luck, 3 pulls total which gave me 3 different lmrs and no disco balls.

Last edited:

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm always starved for mythril because I can't control my gambling tendencies in this game. Had maybe 1 or 2 dupes on banner one and I have no earth chain so I saved up 50 mythril for a pull tonight and hit a jackpot.

Screenshot_20180925-205908_FFRK.jpg

Maria aosb+usb, Rinoa earth usb, and Red XIII lmr.
Rest my password and logged in on my phone just to share that beauty of a draw with you folks.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Epic pull :)

I decided to skip this fest. My relics are in a good spot, and the few places I could use work (like water magic) aren't represented well in this fest. I may pull some on the FF14 and FF9 event in about two months, but otherwise I'm saving for now.

I cleared the crystal tower that came out tonight with the full CM stuff. I used:

Seeker/Dragon -- Thunder mage team
Catastrophe -- Wind physical team
Firemane -- Ice physical team
Seymour -- Holy physical team

Most of those didn't actually exploit the bosses natural weakness, but with a chain it doesn't even matter.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I should have saved my mythril but I'm like Mures Mures and my mythril burns a hole in my pocket.

I'll have enough mythril to do a pull on the Lightning banner, tho, which is both my weakest element and the strongest banner, so.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did a Banner 1 pull and got Red XIII Chain and Maria USB.

Doesn't seem to help that much. Knocks 10 seconds off my time but it changed the savage hurl timings to have it happen in a really inconvenient spot, so only have one more kill. There must be a better way to survive the hurls.

Last edited:

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Struck out on this banner. 2 pulls netted me Elarra Burst/LMR (no Usb so not sure worth using) papalymo lmr and cloud glint. Is Cloud glint worth using alongside his USB2? I dont have USB1 to break damage cap. Which should I cast first? Glint then USB2?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Very first attempt (with stone press) I cleared Quetzcotl. I need to make some major adjustments to my team, it wasn't efficient at all, but Quetzcotl is about 500x easier than Behemoth. I'm going to work on my lineup, clean up the fight some, then I'll update with what I found that works best. Entrust battery for Bartz was a bad idea. He had way more SB than he could spend so Shelke was basically a dead slot that entire clear.

Also, Stone Press works, but jeez, it barely breaks 10k at 2 stacks with a 2.0 earth chain active. It does clear the savage mode, so whatever.

pic.jpg

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My first kill on Quetzcotl was some kind of fluke, or maybe I should just go back to that setup even if it felt gimpy. I've fought him with like 10 different comps since and can't kill him again. I even did a bunch of stupid things like honing grand charge to rank 5, buying earth ironfist and honing it to rank 4, full diving tifa.... nothing is working though. Either I die in p3 because I can't fit astra + last stand, or my dps is trash because I try to fit in multiple healers. Also Galuf is a horrible stone press user + chain user. He can't keep up both at all. The boss uses savage every 10 seconds of combat time, but it takes him about 15 seconds to go through a charge -> charge -> press -> refresh chain rotation, so the boss spends half the fight either in savage mode or without a chain up, which drops my dps into the shitter.

I'm going to try some more setups later (need a break for now, this fight is annoying), but if it doesn't work I'll just go back to the original team and slolwy grind out my 8 kills with that. At least that team actually won.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My first kill on Quetzcotl was some kind of fluke, or maybe I should just go back to that setup even if it felt gimpy. I've fought him with like 10 different comps since and can't kill him again. I even did a bunch of stupid things like honing grand charge to rank 5, buying earth ironfist and honing it to rank 4, full diving tifa.... nothing is working though. Either I die in p3 because I can't fit astra + last stand, or my dps is trash because I try to fit in multiple healers. Also Galuf is a horrible stone press user + chain user. He can't keep up both at all. The boss uses savage every 10 seconds of combat time, but it takes him about 15 seconds to go through a charge -> charge -> press -> refresh chain rotation, so the boss spends half the fight either in savage mode or without a chain up, which drops my dps into the shitter.

I'm going to try some more setups later (need a break for now, this fight is annoying), but if it doesn't work I'll just go back to the original team and slolwy grind out my 8 kills with that. At least that team actually won.

EDIT: I've figured out the method to kill it. This as my first attempt and I put no effort into timing Stone Press and MBlink, I'm hopeing that with proper timing I can get the last 10% down. Too busy to try again now but I'll have the AI list in front of me next time: [Magicite] 5* Lightning Magicite Dungeons Enemy Stats and AI : FFRecordKeeper

Screenshot_2018-09-28-14-14-01.png

The key is using MBlink to stop the Paralyse and Imperil Lightning. Edge SSB is required to have one healer and no entrusts, Last Stand is needed to survive until the first Medica and Last Stand was needed throughout the battle too.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mastered Queztalcoatl in 1:03:3. I think it's dependant on Cinque USB Heavy Charge procs though and I don't think that anything in the team can be changed if someone's lacking an item or ability, only way to speed it up for Sub-30 would be Glints or AOSBs I think.

Edge: Desert Mirage&Shifting Sands/SSB/Start with SBs RM
Galuf: Protectga&Gaia Rush/CSB/Start with SBs RM
Rosa: Shellga&Wrath/USB/Extra SB on attack RM
Cinque: Stone Press&Grand Charge/USB/Damage RM
Bartz: Tremoring Quadstrike&Blastspell Strike/USB/Damage RM

I'm wondering if blinks could be used to master Behemoth King?