Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ahhhhhh sometimes mythril burning a hole in my pocket pays off!!!!

I decided to hold off on most of the Realms on Parade draws since the end date for them is a week after fest, figured I'd devote my mythril to fest first. But tonight I was feeling the itch to pull, so I went ahead and did the FF5 draw...

Screenshot_20180928-193625.png

BAM MFers!

And I've already got her en-Fire LMR too!

That was one of three elements I don't already have a chain for. Now all I need are Lightning and Dark and I've got every element set for chains!

Hopefully Fest Banner 5 is good to me :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Great pull!

I always waffle about doing parade draws or skipping, but every fest so far I've caved and done them all anyway. I think each fest I always get at least one jackpot from the 15'ish parades, so it's been worth it.... so far.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Did the three judge fight at end of the Pharos dungeon.... was a decent challenge. I cleared it with:

Garnet -- Allegro, Bahamut -- CSB
Elarra -- Curada, Enfeebling Jitterbug -- USB
Palom -- Chain Thundaja, Meteor -- USB
Ashe -- Chain Thundaga, Valigarmanda -- BSB
Shantotto -- Voltech, Hell Thunder -- USB
RW: Tyro USB3

Video: Three Judges at Pharos

Basically use AoE on the first part, and manually target the highest health judge when using ST to keep their hp balanced. I wiped a few times on the p2 transition because of the dispel, but the way I figured to handle it was hold the healers action until after the second aoe nuke/dispel, then instantly medica after it and use the second cast of tyro usb3 to rebuff and rehaste. Then it was just a matter of bursting down the boss. The end was a close call since he used a huge aoe right before dying that killed some of my team, but King Behemoth popped in with his overstrike for the killing blow to finish the battle.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ok, I've figured out Quetzacotl and now have a reliable team that can farm him in about 50'ish seconds per kill, very repeatable. I've farmed 4 copies of his magicite with this setup, so just need to do 4 more kills to be done with this fight. Once again, this only gets expert, so I miss those 40 crystals for mastery, but at this point I don't care, I'm done with him after those next 4 magicite are farmed.

Onion -- Entrust, Wrath -- pUSB
Elarra -- Ultra Cure, Shellga -- USB
Galuf -- Ironfist Earth, Gaia's Rush -- CSB
Bartz -- Blastspell Strike, Tremoring Quadstrike -- USB1, USB2
Wol -- Grand Charge, Stone Press -- no sb (+40% heavy RM)

Magicite: Earth guardian (main), Catastrophe, Midgardsormr, Gizamaluke, Evrae

Video: Quetzacotl in 50 seconds

As I mentioned earlier, Galuf can't do stone press + chain duty and maintain perfect timing for both, so I brought in a relicless Wol to handle stone press instead. Wol was chosen simply because he has the highest speed of all the heavy 5 users, and there's no room to soulbreak anyway so relicless doesn't matter. With a unit dedicated to doing absolutely nothing except charge -> charge -> press I can knock quetz out of savage immediately every time he applies it, and that's a huge dps boost to never deal with that damage reduction.

Another key change was swapping Earth Guardian into the main magicite slot. The reason I required last stand in p3 was because of the imperil stacking. If you save Earth Guardian until just before P3, it clears your imperil before the next one applies, which means you never get two stacks. One stack of imperil is fine and doesn't OTK anyone, so last stand can be skipped, which means I was free to go with only one healer. That means I could fit Onion on the team so we got his crit buff from pUSB, though Onion still had to entrust a lot of gauge to Elarra for medica's, so it was kind of like 1.5 healers I guess.

I stopped bothering with Astra sources too and just dealt with the paralyze. It's actually not that bad since on the turn he paralyzes it's only single target damage, so the healer curing it isn't any big loss.

Bartz did his USB1 + USB2 combo, which is sick damage, especially when his USB2 finisher auto-casts for 99,999 "free" damage at the end. With Galuf no longer wasting his time with stone press stuff, he could focus more on dps with Earth Ironfist, so I guess that wasn't a total waste to craft/hone. I do wish I could have a refund on legend diving Tifa though. She's worthless with only USB2 on this fight because she goes through 16 hones before the boss is even at 40% health then she's entirely dead weight. She needs a BSB (which I don't have) so she can keep contributing after the USB2 drains her of hones. That, or enough DPS to finish the fight in 30'ish seconds, which I can't do.

What's the deal with these magicite fights and the mastery btw? Do we have to sub-30 to get the champion clear? I mean, 50 seconds isn't all that terrible I thought, but still only expert ranking. So annoying.... I hope next month's two magicite bosses are less of a headache.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok, I've figured out Quetzacotl and now have a reliable team that can farm him in about 50'ish seconds per kill, very repeatable. I've farmed 4 copies of his magicite with this setup, so just need to do 4 more kills to be done with this fight. Once again, this only gets expert, so I miss those 40 crystals for mastery, but at this point I don't care, I'm done with him after those next 4 magicite are farmed.

Onion -- Entrust, Wrath -- pUSB
Elarra -- Ultra Cure, Shellga -- USB
Galuf -- Ironfist Earth, Gaia's Rush -- CSB
Bartz -- Blastspell Strike, Tremoring Quadstrike -- USB1, USB2
Wol -- Grand Charge, Stone Press -- no sb (+40% heavy RM)

Magicite: Earth guardian (main), Catastrophe, Midgardsormr, Gizamaluke, Evrae

Video: Quetzacotl in 50 seconds

As I mentioned earlier, Galuf can't do stone press + chain duty and maintain perfect timing for both, so I brought in a relicless Wol to handle stone press instead. Wol was chosen simply because he has the highest speed of all the heavy 5 users, and there's no room to soulbreak anyway so relicless doesn't matter. With a unit dedicated to doing absolutely nothing except charge -> charge -> press I can knock quetz out of savage immediately every time he applies it, and that's a huge dps boost to never deal with that damage reduction.

Another key change was swapping Earth Guardian into the main magicite slot. The reason I required last stand in p3 was because of the imperil stacking. If you save Earth Guardian until just before P3, it clears your imperil before the next one applies, which means you never get two stacks. One stack of imperil is fine and doesn't OTK anyone, so last stand can be skipped, which means I was free to go with only one healer. That means I could fit Onion on the team so we got his crit buff from pUSB, though Onion still had to entrust a lot of gauge to Elarra for medica's, so it was kind of like 1.5 healers I guess.

I stopped bothering with Astra sources too and just dealt with the paralyze. It's actually not that bad since on the turn he paralyzes it's only single target damage, so the healer curing it isn't any big loss.

Bartz did his USB1 + USB2 combo, which is sick damage, especially when his USB2 finisher auto-casts for 99,999 "free" damage at the end. With Galuf no longer wasting his time with stone press stuff, he could focus more on dps with Earth Ironfist, so I guess that wasn't a total waste to craft/hone. I do wish I could have a refund on legend diving Tifa though. She's worthless with only USB2 on this fight because she goes through 16 hones before the boss is even at 40% health then she's entirely dead weight. She needs a BSB (which I don't have) so she can keep contributing after the USB2 drains her of hones. That, or enough DPS to finish the fight in 30'ish seconds, which I can't do.

What's the deal with these magicite fights and the mastery btw? Do we have to sub-30 to get the champion clear? I mean, 50 seconds isn't all that terrible I thought, but still only expert ranking. So annoying.... I hope next month's two magicite bosses are less of a headache.
I got mastery on a 1 minute Quetzcotl clear.

I had PBlink and MBlink, helps with the damage medals.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I can see those cutting down on incoming damage a lot and maybe saving some medals. I lost one for actions, two for damage which is too many.

I don't have many good blink sources. Just a lot of old SSB stuff, with Arc SSB being probably the best. I'll come back to these fights someday when I pull something better :)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
No idea how or why, but this randomly happened while farming some more Quetzcotl magicite:

pic.jpg

I'll take it!

Makes me want to go do some more kills on behemoth now...

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Found a composition with help from reddit for king B. After a lot of tweaking and figuring out the tight timings, finally managed to master it:
44B322E2-3B5A-4C9F-83B5-250A2D27671E.png
It’s a non chain composition which relies on emperor usb for imperil and debuffs to control the fight. The most interesting thing was that it ran no cures except Elarra USB and Tyro USB1. It’s actually a sub30 comp but I’m missing several key SBs like Rinoa OSB and Emperor BSB2 (I used his radiant shield SSB from AA as substitute). Felt a little badd diving Emperor but it worked so can't complain.

Composition used in more details:
EDE207EF-37D3-449C-AFA0-5476CE89026C.png

Krysta was there solely for Blade Ward... really wish I had done more defensive inheriting :(.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Found a composition with help from reddit for king B. After a lot of tweaking and figuring out the tight timings, finally managed to master it:
View attachment 177534
It’s a non chain composition which relies on emperor usb for imperil and debuffs to control the fight. The most interesting thing was that it ran no cures except Elarra USB and Tyro USB1. It’s actually a sub30 comp but I’m missing several key SBs like Rinoa OSB and Emperor BSB2 (I used his radiant shield SSB from AA as substitute). Felt a little badd diving Emperor but it worked so can't complain.

Composition used in more details:
View attachment 177535

Krysta was there solely for Blade Ward... really wish I had done more defensive inheriting :(.
Which SBs do each character use? You don't have enough info here for me to see if I can copy it!

I got 4 kills but it's bloody awful rotating two lots of last stand on two healers.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Which SBs do each character use? You don't have enough info here for me to see if I can copy it!

I got 4 kills but it's bloody awful rotating two lots of last stand on two healers.

Here's original run from some JP player that I adapted. I believe he had more damage cause he managed to skip some phases, plus his magicites are slightly different but i can't figure it out yet apart from 2x blade ward.

Slightly more detailed setup (all fully dived):
Tyro: Wrath R5 / Power Breakdown R4 | LMR, USB3 / USB1
Rinoa: Chain Stonega R4 /Titan R4 | LMR2, SSB
Maria: Chain Stonega R4 / Chain Stoneja R4 | USB, OSB
Emperor: Meltdown R4 | Memento Mori (didn't actually use it) | USB, SSB or BSB2
Elarra: Mage's Hymm R3 (R4 is actually better cause she runs out) / Allegro con Moto R2 |USB

Magicite Inherited (can be greatly improved...):
Earth Guardian (Dampen Lightning)
Krysta (Dampen Wind - mainly for blade ward)
Evrae (Blade Ward)
Sylph (Dampen Earth)
Midgardsomr (Empower Earth)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Partial consolation for diving Tifa is that it let me sub-30 the FF7 torment (d280) which previously I only had a 32 second clear, so I guess kind of worth.

For tonight's superboss D??? Yizamat, I went with the solo strategy:

pic.jpg

Pretty simple with a dived Ashe using BSB. Exact setup was:

Ashe -- Chain Thundaja r4, Drainga r4 -- BSB -- +30% vs weakness RM -- Minor resist to every element accessory

Unicorn main magicite, make sure one of your subs has dampen wind passive too.

To make it work, make sure Ashe is solo and in party slot 3. You start the fight just casting Drainga every round until your BSB is ready, then cast it. Then just use CMD1 4-6 times, refreshing the BSB when it's close to wearing out and you have a free round (when Yizamat fails an attack because it hits other slots than slot3). Keep that rotation of 4'ish CMD1 casts then refresh BSB. Do not cast Chain Thundaja yet! Those are needed for final phase.

When Yizamat hits phase 3 (around 70% health) his first move will be Ultimate Roar -- it's vital that you cast your first use of Unicorn immediately after seeing the first roar. A round or two later he's going to use an auto-hit petrify on slot 3, but Unicorn's astra blocks it. Then just keep dpsing and you should push him out of the phase before he uses petrify on slot 3 again.

A few times during phase 4 he's going to use Darkga, which applies slow. It's no big deal, just recast your BSB to get haste back up, or use Drainga to full heal if you're close to dead, then BSB the next round.

Keep dpsing with CMD1 (which keeps you healed) until the boss hits phase 6, which is very obvious because the battle background changes to the dark void scenery. The bosses first action is going to be to dispel you -- immediately use the first charge of the roaming warrior to re-haste and apply last stand on yourself. For your next action use the second charge of unicorn (which removes your sap, and sap isn't used anymore in this phase).

Now dps as hard as you can. This is when you start using Chain Thundaja for dps instead of CMD1 if you don't need the healing (until hones run out at least). When the boss does "charging up" it's next action is going to be a 99,999 hit. Last stand from the RW saves you, and now you re-cast the second charge of the RW to full heal and put another last stand charge up.

Keep dpsing him (cmd1 to heal as needed). Later on he's going to charge -> 99,999 you again, but the second RW last stand saves you again. Be sure to heal with CMD1 (you have a free round before the boss hits slot 3 again). Keep dpsing, and you have to win before the third cast of charge -> 99,999 which will obviously kill you because no more RW last stands.

It's not too hard honestly, just long. Any unit with a self-healing dps BSB can solo this. Rem with bsb is supposedly the best, but I used Ashe and it was fine. Others can too, etc. Make sure to equip a +30% damage record materia, because otherwise you won't hit for 99,999 after the boss uses barrier in the final phase (which is why my first run failed, I was short on dps since I used mako might instead, woops).

Technically you can farm this guy for 5 million gil every kill for 1 stamina, but meh, I did it once for the 15 million gil but it takes too long to keep repeat farming it.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Well, Lightning was my weakest element before pulling on tonight's banner, and after pulling it still is. Picked up Ignis BSB and Prompto BSB. Ignis BSB is supposed to be really good, but it seems really clumsy to use? Not sure yet, but it doesn't really help me with lightning at all either way.

I haven't finished all the Record Dungeons yet, only on the third set right now. Can finish those, and do the monthly Magicite missions (20 in two days, ugh) and login bonuses for the next couple days... MAYBE I can scrape together another pull? I'm not sure what the magic pot dungeon tomorrow night rewards.

At least if I don't get another pull in on this banner, it'll be extra mythril for the FF4 banner. Dark is the only other element I don't have a chain for.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I figured D280 FF4 torment means easy mode because it's Palom's native realm.....

pic.jpg

Well, I sub-30'ed it with champion rank... but yeah lols, it was a bit close. Quetzcotl popped in for the kill steal just in time. Not sure Palom's spell would have finished casting before losing sub30.

AoE auto-hit paralyze spam is so dumb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I figured D280 FF4 torment means easy mode because it's Palom's native realm.....

View attachment 177736

Well, I sub-30'ed it with champion rank... but yeah lols, it was a bit close. Quetzcotl popped in for the kill steal just in time. Not sure Palom's spell would have finished casting before losing sub30.

AoE auto-hit paralyze spam is so dumb.
Is... is that Arc? Goddam it man you can't even field a realm team in Palom's own realm!

I also like the mismatched Palom and Porum sprites!

I've really appreciated having your superboss/magicite teams to copy but I can't follow you down this road xD

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Haha, I don't have anything at all for Rosa or Edge, so my only option to deal with that stupid paralyze was Arc's blink medica. Even that wasn't enough and I still had slots 2/3/4 paralyzed for like half the fight.

If Palom wasn't completely broken and able to deal 150k damage per round, that team comp would have had no chance, but with Porom casting heals on Palom, he didn't care at all that the rest of the team was sitting there paralyzed since like 60% of the bosses health.

Exact comp though was:

Porom -- Ultracure, Protectga -- SSB
Rydia -- Voltech -- USB1
Edward -- Entrust, Allegro -- no soulbreak
Arc -- Curada, Hastega -- SSB
Palom -- Thunder stuff -- USB

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It is, but it's his third action in phase 3 and 5. If you have enough dps, you push him through the phases fast enough that he doesn't get a chance to use his 3rd+ turn in a phase. I skipped all the auto-ko's.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
wow, that is a LOT of incoming damage, even in the D240. managed to get that one in 31s despite it being really close, but this D280 is reallllly rough so far. need to totally rethink my team from what i brought to D240. no way will i be able to do anything in DWhale.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
on a side-note, i never realized til tonight how useful my Palom with just LMR is. his default SB is a moderate magic boost. in the D240 with that, MAG/RES from Rydia's BSB, and Edward USB he was capping Chain Thundaja at 9999x5, even with a doublecast RM instead of a damage RM. unexpected star of my 31s D240 clear.

i was thinking i'd get Ashe's USB when USB select comes, but now i'm thinking Palom.