Final Fantasy VII Remake

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I never played the Xenosaga games after the first one, because the first one was incredibly disappointing, but from what I understand the second was decent and the third was really good. But man, that first one soured my thoughts on the series pretty hardcore.
I really enjoyed the Xenosaga trilogy, but I never play RPGs for their combat systems as a driver. It has a massive amount of voice acted movies basically. Its the only set of RPGs that my wife watched every single scene with me (it had a really convenient pause feature when the movies fired up, the movies are long). Just expressing how much voice acted story are in these games, linking these is probably the only way for those who have never touched the games. I highly recommend.

Xenosaga Episode 2 (Full Movie) [HD] - YouTube

Xenosaga Episode 3 (Full Movie) [HD] - YouTube

joz123

Potato del Grande
5 is not a very good game either. Very disjointed with a hard to follow story, even by the standards of Final Fantasy. The job system made all the characters ultra bland too.
What the fuck? 5 was awesome. Gilgamesh was great comic relief. Job system was great. Game was long as shit and tons of optional stuff to do.

Szlia

Wasn't it V that had some jaw dropping mode 7 cut scenes? My google-fu failed me... I remember a female character going in some sort of trance and flying around the world or something... was that in VI? I played them once and more than 20 years ago, so yeah...

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That was FFVI when Terra goes berserk and flies to the Tower of Zott after having her esper powers awoken by Tritoch in Narshe.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watching the ff7 reveal again just puts a smile on my face, the whole audience is so excited. I'm hyping myself up sooo much for this and I bet the game won't even be released for a few years.

I think one of the best parts about ff7 is how long you spend at the beginning of the game just building up the story and actually learning about the characters so that you actually care about them. If you think about it, the whole first disc is just character building. Eventually you finally get out of midgar and you venture over to Kalm and what happens there? More flashbacks, more story building, more character building. Now, I'll be honest, after playing the game probably at least 25 times Disc 1 is usually my least favorite part because I want to get moving on the story and get to the open world, but those first couple of play throughs, building that story, those characters, that world, so epic.

Early game spoilers if you guys really haven't played it yet...

But with Sephiroth especially, getting out of the jail and everyone is massacred and there's a blood trail, then finally leaving midgar going to kalm and seeing more flashbacks regarding young cloud, tifa, sephiroth etc etc. Then...after you finally leave Kalm you have to catch a chocobo or else this giant snake is going to kick your ass. Maybe the first time you play it you try to run on foot, get raped, gg. Finally you spend all that time getting a chocobo together, crossing the swamp and cutscene, dead snake from sephiroth.

Just really builds up the villian, shows how powerful he really is and shows you how powerful you must become to actually stop him.

God dammit I love this game. I might have to go power up my ps1 and go replay through it, too bad I don't want to get sucked into another 100 hour playthrough lol.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think Game companies do themselves a disservice by hyping things too far in advance. Really shit should never be announced more than 3-6 months before release at max. You want people to still be excited, not having a bunch of ups and downs before it actually releases. You hype people up to early then by the time it releases they have lost their hype about it.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Normally I'd totally agree and I'm pretty sick of these "Coming in 2017!" type reveals and shit. Except, for this specific game, the hype has been constant for over a decade. I imagine it is only going to escalate over time. And they are going to recoup their investment in remaking the game and a boatload more for certain.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
In 1997 I remember reading game pro about ff7 as most expensive and fire video game ever to have 100million dollars budget might have been EGM I was reading but I do remember all the hype in the mags maybe 6 months prior to release date. So waiting 2 years will duck balls and tbh waiting for winter just for more info is god awful

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Just dropping in to say Legend of Legia was the motherfucking shit, and needs to be remade/sequeled right the fuck now.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was sequeled, but a remake would be reasonable. It was a fantastic game with a fantastic plot and an even more fantastic battle system.

Legaia 2: Duel Saga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Duel Saga was decent, and it had a similar hunt mechanic to FF12. But the characters were super bland, and there was a tri-combo move that basically 3 shotted the final boss. The first Legaia had a shitload more going for it, with all the secrets/battle arena/overleveled Ra-Seru. Getting those badass summons at the end was pretty damn sweet.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Was Legend of Legaia the shitty game with the trees you needed to find or am I thinking of another "Legend of.." game?

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Was Legend of Legaia the shitty game with the trees you needed to find or am I thinking of another "Legend of.." game?
No i think you are thinking of Legend of Mana (underrated gem). OR the "Tales" series. Legend of legia was the game where fights took a million years.