Final Fantasy VII Remake

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Damn Amazon kind of pulled through. Shipped midnight last night and it's already here. They must be reading this thread

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I love that we are a terrorist cell that uses public transport. Well that and people don't seem to react to the 7 foot tall muscled dude with a minigun where his arm should be.

The way nobody recognizes them is pretty weird. Shinra could easily just put security footage of them on the news and instantly put everyone on high alert. They don't, because...plot armor?

It'll be interesting if they explain this in the remake. Something like President Shinra saying that they don't actually want to capture the leader of Avalanche because as long as he's out there they can keep using him as a boogeyman to keep people afraid and keep people enlisting in the military.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
The way nobody recognizes them is pretty weird. Shinra could easily just put security footage of them on the news and instantly put everyone on high alert. They don't, because...plot armour?

It'll be interesting if they explain this in the remake. Something like President Shinra saying that they don't actually want to capture the leader of Avalanche because as long as he's out there they can keep using him as a boogeyman to keep people afraid and keep people enlisting in the military.
They do put security footage of them on the news.

Probably a mix of Heidegger being incompetent, President Shinra wanting to destroy parts of the city to get people to eventually move to Neo Midgar and Avalanche spies in Shinra HQ covering for them.

All of which you see but none explicitly explain why nobody finds you after the first bombing.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Is hardcore mode like a new game + where you keep material/gear/levels or is it a fresh game with a higher difficulty curve?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is hardcore mode like a new game + where you keep material/gear/levels or is it a fresh game with a higher difficulty curve?
It's New Game+ keeping everything and you can select whichever chapter and difficulty you want to move to at any time without restrictions.

So after finishing, I did sidequests in two random normal mode chapters to pick up some things I missed, then I did all of Chapter 1 and 2 on Hard which awarded Weapon SP for full completion.

Hard mode doesn't allow items, so I suggest giving everyone a Cure/Revive. You should have two of each anyway from Normal mode, the Cures level up really fast in Hard mode.

Rude

Potato del Grande
That reminds me of the Xenosaga series. It wasn't Square, but it ended up being a bit of a disaster. They had goals of making it a six-part series and ended up shortening it to 3 (with the story heavily rushed) because it was too expensive. The way the characters looked completely changed between episodes, as did the combat systems, etc. I hope FF7 doesn't end up being another Xenosaga. Funny thing is the original concept of Xenosaga was for it to be a drastically-expanded multi-game reimagining of the Xenogears story, sorta like this game.
Expense didn't kill Xenosaga, Episode 2 did. That whole game was an utter disaster in every aspect. Completely annihilated any chance of 6 episodes, they're lucky they were even able to make a third one. Funny you say 3 was rushed, it's the only one out of the trilogy that would even be playable today. Episode 1 didn't age worth shit.

Also, aside from being "episodic", it has nothing in common with this remake. Xenosaga made a lot of homages to Xenogears but that's all it did due to IP hell. This game's supposedly an update to the original, when in fact it really is a sequel.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If there's any delays in PS5 launch and getting proper devtools out then Part 2 sliding an extra year later is definitely possible. Really tough to get a handle on development when offices around the world are closed and it's strictly work from home for so many studios.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Don't know if it's the same offices (i'm sure it is) but someone working on ffxiv got sick and they bumped the next major patch, so I would expect pt.2 to get bumped back. At the very least, it gives them something to blame a delay on.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
How is it a sequel?

It takes place after the original.
Sephiroth in this game is time traveling to change the past. Hence the name Remake. Sephiroth is trying to remake the past.

ModEdit***
Some of us are still waiting for our copies to play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There is no way in hell anyone sees episode 2 until summer 2022 at the earliest.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, was just thinking if exclusivity ends in a year it will be at the very least another year after that and that's highly unlikely unless they are already working on it which is just as unlikely.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user