Final Fantasy VII Remake

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
This is the most blue balling track in the whole game:

Can't wait to see what they do at City of the Ancients, but I want some hard synth in the music.

I also really liked how the Jenova music is orchestral and blue balls you on the original synth masterpiece, then phase 3 drops :)

There's a 25% chance Yuffie was in this game.

There's a character called Kyrie in the Sector 5 Slums. She's a teenage thief with short dark hair and hot pants. Sound familiar?

Pros:
She goes with the Shinra propaganda on Avalanche = Wutai to rile up the townspeople. Yuffie's whole deal was wanting Wutai to continue the war and was ashamed their gave up.

Yuffie's theme is playing on the grammarphone next to where Johnny gives you the quest to get his wallet back from Kyrie.

Visually similar, like how Yuffie would look in disguise. Yuffie actually does wear a journalist disguise at the start of Disc 2 in Junon to help rescue Tifa.

There was a Cait Sith cameo, so why not others?

Cons:
Doesn't mention materia.

No shuriken or visible ninja skills.

Her grandmother (Angel of the Slums) doesn't look like Wutai royalty, unless it's her maternal side.

There was no effort at a Cid cameo when they literally have a Shinra Museum with a section for Palmer. The original did reference the rocket mission in the Mayor's book puzzle.

This is my theory too. She also was a thief character getting in trouble for stealing.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Kyrie was def giving off strong Yuffie vibes. Considering they’ve already worked in Wutai, would be easy to explain her as a spy working to sow discord vs Shinra. “Granny” could just be working with her as a handler/royal guardian.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
By the time part 2 trailers come out everyone will have shifted and the shipping wars to who Aeris and Tifa shack up with will begin. Unless the planet shifted 10 orders of magnitude Yuffie will still be an annoying brat not even at Rikku level.

One of the first things I thought when I was reminded of the remake was "I need to watch for when that annoying bitch runs with my materia". Pretty sure its a small trauma.

• 1Worf

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
One of the first things I thought when I was reminded of the remake was "I need to watch for when that annoying bitch runs with my materia". Pretty sure its a small trauma.

Mine wasn't so much the materia thievery, it was the god damned order you had to attack/not attack/answer her question things to get her in your party. Definitely trauma

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So far every day I play the remake my desire to go replay the original increases. I have a feeling once I beat this I'll be replaying the OG on steam with the slightly improved textures.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So far every day I play the remake my desire to go replay the original increases. I have a feeling once I beat this I'll be replaying the OG on steam with the slightly improved textures.

Modding is super easy with the final build of 7th Heaven. I'll screenshot which mods I use when I am at home.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Mine wasn't so much the materia thievery, it was the god damned order you had to attack/not attack/answer her question things to get her in your party. Definitely trauma

Bitch took more then half and we weren't even at an age to get married.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

If SE had half a brain they'd outsource a remake of the original graphics to 4K current ones and change nothing else.

It would have been better then this remake, and would have cost less. Hope it still happens.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think the GameStop near me where I got the deluxe edition is opening up anytime soon. Ordered it on Amazon (still in stock).

Would get it digital but...that steelbook looks nice.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20200414_125514.jpg

It just me or do Tifa and Aerith have way more chemistry with each other (verbal, nonverbal, physical) than either of them have with Cloud? It's been building for a couple chapters, too. Really wondering if this is supposed to lead somewhere or be part of the story.

Maybe Cloud isn't even gonna factor in to the romance aspect of the game this time.

I'm down, TBH.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That would be awesome if Cloud got kicked to the curb and TifaxAerith happened instead lol
Johnny would be all “bro, I know how you feel, bro”

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 262676

It just me or do Tifa and Aerith have way more chemistry with each other (verbal, nonverbal, physical) than either of them have with Cloud? It's been building for a couple chapters, too. Really wondering if this is supposed to lead somewhere or be part of the story.

Maybe Cloud isn't even gonna factor in to the romance aspect of the game this time.

I'm down, TBH.
I mean... did he factor into the romance in the OG? Tifa and Aerith did romance at him and were ignored lol.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cloud had feelings for Aerith, but the argument was they were Zack’s feelings (since Zack and Aerith were a thing). The remake actually calls this out during a dream sequence, where dream Aerith tells him he will think he loves her, but it’s not real. He never really resolved those feelings in OG or Advent Children, so Tifa got nothing really reciprocated even though she is a better fit for Cloud and always there for him.

• 1Cringe

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you think Cloud ate her ass in the Gondola when they went to the Gold Saucer?

• 2Worf

Rude

Potato del Grande
If SE had half a brain they'd outsource a remake of the original graphics to 4K current ones and change nothing else.

It would have been better then this remake, and would have cost less. Hope it still happens.
I fucking wish

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Words cannot describe the level of disappointment I felt when I got back to Chapter 6 in Hard mode and saw the Elemental materia had been replaced with a green glow. Should have chucked that Healing off the catwalks.

edit: and found out one of Tifa's SP books is in a new chest to replace the summon materia which has nothing visible there on Hard.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's implied that Cloud and Tifa have sex when everyone goes visiting their families before the final dungeon.

They camp under the Highwind and Tifa is embarrassed that a bunch of people either didn't leave or came back early and saw them.