Final Fantasy VII Remake

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ya I always assumed he was made with the same stuff as Sephiroth just to a lesser extent, which explains his connection to him and why he's quite powerful.
Yeah maybe we will find out what this "stuff" is during the game.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Nothing official, but Zack got his Jenovah cells from Angeal who was made “mostly” the same as Sepheroth and Genesis - so I figured there was a transfer during the experiments as Zack and Cloud’ pods may have been linked or something and that attributed to him thinking he was Zack - also isn’t it the jenovah cells what she/sepheroth leverage to make cloud give up the white material in the OG timeline- so if hojo was just doing mako? And or jenovah cells already were all up in the mako / livestream anywho so there is that. I played the game so long ago I just conflate mako and jenovah cells within the soldier making process

joz123

Potato del Grande
Nothing official, but Zack got his Jenovah cells from Angeal who was made “mostly” the same as Sepheroth and Genesis - so I figured there was a transfer during the experiments as Zack and Cloud’ pods may have been linked or something and that attributed to him thinking he was Zack - also isn’t it the jenovah cells what she/sepheroth leverage to make cloud give up the white material in the OG timeline- so if hojo was just doing mako? And or jenovah cells already were all up in the mako / livestream anywho so there is that. I played the game so long ago I just conflate mako and jenovah cells within the soldier making process
There was project G and project S.

G was Hollander putting jenova cells in a host body (Gillian) and give birth to offspring that are born with the cell already mixed with their own blood stream which brought about Angeal. Genesis got the jenova cell through some DNA from a different host body infected with the Jenova cell but was deemed a failure and started degrading.

S was Hojo injecting the cells into the earliest stage of someone being born, the embryo, which brought Sephiroth.

All soldiers were infused with mako and injected with Jenova cells later except for Zack and Cloud they were injected with Sephiroth cells to be his clones. That's why Cloud gets the headaches and sees the weird images because Sephy has some control over him through the cells.

Their whole reasoning for infusing Jenova cells in people was they thought it would give them the powers of the ancients, not knowing Jenova wasn't an ancient and was the one responsible for wiping them out.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

So what exactly were the ancients ? Just some hippies? Lol

The Dyne/Barret stuff was really soul-crushing, as it should have been, they really nailed that part. Not sure how I feel about
Dyne's death being fighting against Shinra rather than taking his own life
yet though. That took some of the impact out of it.

I think this was discussed somewhere or on another game, but does the change perhaps have to do with some rating thing in Japan where doing /that/ makes it like super MA or whatever? But yea that kinda changes the dynamic imo..

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ancients were the race of people on Earth before humans existed. Jenova was a space alien who crashed onto earth and wanted to wipe out the planet but the ancients eventually forced Jenova back into the crater it came out of and sealed it there for many years till the body was found and used for the experiments. The Weapons were eventually created to stop Jenova but were never used and laid dormant till they woke up in FF7.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well got Tifa for the date scene. Run saved, game 11/10 lock now. Was mildly worried b/c the little faces they show to represent how happy team is with you from time to time I somehow had Tifa, Aerith, and even Red all with the same blue really happy face.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There was project G and project S.

G was Hollander putting jenova cells in a host body (Gillian) and give birth to offspring that are born with the cell already mixed with their own blood stream which brought about Angeal. Genesis got the jenova cell through some DNA from a different host body infected with the Jenova cell but was deemed a failure and started degrading.

S was Hojo injecting the cells into the earliest stage of someone being born, the embryo, which brought Sephiroth.

All soldiers were infused with mako and injected with Jenova cells later except for Zack and Cloud they were injected with Sephiroth cells to be his clones. That's why Cloud gets the headaches and sees the weird images because Sephy has some control over him through the cells.

Their whole reasoning for infusing Jenova cells in people was they thought it would give them the powers of the ancients, not knowing Jenova wasn't an ancient and was the one responsible for wiping them out.

Yep.

Lotta people make the mistake that Jenova was an Ancient. Jenova is more like John Carpenter's The Thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well got Tifa for the date scene. Run saved, game 11/10 lock now. Was mildly worried b/c the little faces they show to represent how happy team is with you from time to time I somehow had Tifa, Aerith, and even Red all with the same blue really happy face.

I got Aerith for the date... but no gondola ride? Is there a second date later where that happens? I don't remember the OG well enough. We had most of the date, then the Dyne stuff happened.

Merrith

I got Aerith for the date... but no gondola ride? Is there a second date later where that happens? I don't remember the OG well enough. We had most of the date, then the Dyne stuff happened.

Haven't actually finished my date, been busy tonight and grinding the GP so I can buy all the useful skill point manuals/cards from the Gold Saucer Vendors. The Battle arena challenges are fun when you're underleveled (the 2nd set are for level 40ish, supposedly). Definitely got to make use of synergy abilities and clever materia set ups.

Also, Soothing Wind is still such a crazy reset in fights. Especially when it's against a single mob that doesn't do a ton of AE stuff, you can just swap to another party member who will take the aggro off the one channeling and you can just dodge around as needed while you tick your health back up to a reasonable spot over 5-10 seconds. Just so many uses for that spell (I often use it as a mostly free bench since it costs no MP and you can just use it on some easy trash fight to regen everyone back up).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20240305_001900.jpg

Oh my GOOOOOOOD

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I got confused there too. I just checked and the date is the SECOND visit to Gold Saucer in the OG.

We haven't had "the" date yet!

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is very much what I wanted the first one to be more like. I feel like the only weak point of this game is the dungeons and how they go on and on and on. I'm actually dreading the Gi Cave and Mt Nibel at this point, and I imagine TOTA being a sprawling 6 hour dungeon like Shinra Tower in part 1.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is very much what I wanted the first one to be more like. I feel like the only weak point of this game is the dungeons and how they go on and on and on. I'm actually dreading the Gi Cave and Mt Nibel at this point, and I imagine TOTA being a sprawling 6 hour dungeon like Shinra Tower in part 1.
Mt Corel was fucking great!

In the first game you had shit like the mako reactor lift being a generic asset and not the memorable cyberpunk oddity of the OG.

In this one you expect to see a giant broken rollercoaster peak at the end of the Mt Corel, and they recreated it 1:1 from the OG. Then they put a minigame on it and an option to make Yuffie throw up from motion sickness.

I'm half expecting to go on a date at Cosmo Canyon and have alternate hippy outfits, but I'm sure as shit that everyone is going to be sat around a campfire and fighting giant spiders.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Holy fuck Gongaga. They play THAT song and I jizz my pants knowing exactly what's going to happen.

It's the WEAPON song!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think they jumped the gun a bit with having Weapons in this one. Especially the twin giant fish that aren't in the OG and aren't gem-themed and... what even are they

Gongaga has great music but it was a chore to get around in, everything I needed to get to was on an elevated cliff. Is there a jump button for green chocobos that I missed?

Cosmo Canyon is cool but I also switched into "get to the end" mode so I don't know how much exploring I'll do there or in Gongaga.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
For the first time in a ... well, ever - I am playing through every region before advancing the story. So side quests and all the activities and such. wrapping up Junon now (Just the Protorelic and man that's hilarious fun) and then off to the main quest again. I got spooked when it said "You won't be back here for a while" so I decided to finish grasslands and Junon and will do that now every time I enter a new region before starting back on the main quests.

Having a blast. There is SO much more to this than the last game it seems.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
OK so I thought that Yuffie was overpowered. Now she has an ability to make an extra Yuffie via shadowclone and I'm not sure the damage from the clone is debuffed at all... it seems like double damage!

She just murders those rage penguins.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So this is even better than Remake? I'm currently near the end(maybe? lol) of Remake after having put it off forever. Glad I picked it up, it's been a great ride revisiting the FF7 story.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So this is even better than Remake? I'm currently near the end(maybe? lol) of Remake after having put it off forever. Glad I picked it up, it's been a great ride revisiting the FF7 story.
It's one of the best games ever made hands down and is every single good thing about remake made better and fixes several of remakes faults.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

For the first time in a ... well, ever - I am playing through every region before advancing the story. So side quests and all the activities and such. wrapping up Junon now (Just the Protorelic and man that's hilarious fun) and then off to the main quest again. I got spooked when it said "You won't be back here for a while" so I decided to finish grasslands and Junon and will do that now every time I enter a new region before starting back on the main quests.

Having a blast. There is SO much more to this than the last game it seems.

I really gotta hand it to them for listening to feedback and basically keeping everything that was good and improving it while making things people complained about from Remake that much better. They're throwing in some elements in this one so far that seem like could be some hidden fight/boss payoffs in Part 3 that would be pretty awesome.

• 1Like