Final Fantasy VII Remake

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Did you take the like 100 flights of stairs? I have no idea if the elevator works, I just started climbing 20 flights as a joke and stuck with it. I laughed when the run speed started slowing waaay down. Was worth it for the dialogue.

Yeah I took the stairs. Not sure if I've ever taken the elevator in this version, probably should have tried it to see what happened. Was hilarious how much Tifa outpaced the guys, showing her incredible stamina. I don't think it's possible to outrun her but I'm wondering about that too.

Shinra Tower is really long and drawn-out but it's awesome for people who were into the Shinra corp's mythology in the 90's like I was. The museum etc were cool additions.

Screenshot_20240324_125851_PS App.jpg

Too bad Neo-Midgar was never a thing, it's a pretty amazing design. Got me thinking that Neo-Midgar's design is a lot like Esthar in FF8. Back in the 90's I thought FF8 was the future of FF7's world, if technology kept progressing.

Whats the difference between Rebirth and Remake?

Remake covers about the first 25-30% of the overall story so far, Rebirth covers rhe other 70-75%. Rebirth just picks up where Remake ends.

As far as cosmetic differences, Remake is a fairly linear chapter-based game (where you can't really backtrack or explore, outside of a few parts) while Rebirth is an open world game divided into 6 massive overland zones, where you can freely explore or backtrack at pretty much any point. People there for the story and nostalgia can book it through the main quest of both, while people new to FF7 who just want good gameplay will find a lot more to do in Rebirth.

Only time I could see someone liking Remake more than Rebirth is if they hate open world games and want a linear experience. Other than that Rebirth is the far superior game and Remake primarily functions as its intro first act. Think MGSV Ground Zeros and MGSV Phantom Pain.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Remake covers about the first 25-30% of the overall story so far, Rebirth covers rhe other 70-75%. Rebirth just picks up where Remake ends.
Wut?

Remake is 30%, Rebirth is 30% and Reunion will be the last 40% of the original.

Did you forget there's a third game?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was a crazy who did the steps to see the convos and the elevator for the fights.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Wut?

I think it was meant as the story so far as in Remake+Rebirth combined. At least that was my read.

Honestly Remake isn't even 30% of the OG, more like 15-20%, tops?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think it was meant as the story so far as in Remake+Rebirth combined. At least that was my read.

Honestly Remake isn't even 30% of the OG, more like 15-20%, tops?
If you count the boss encounters, I think Midgar has 9 and the rest of Disc 1 has 10. Disc 2+3 is more than 10 but not that much more.

Not a perfect measure but better than counting lines of dialouge.

Merrith

If you count the boss encounters, I think Midgar has 9 and the rest of Disc 1 has 10. Disc 2+3 is more than 10 but not that much more.

Not a perfect measure but better than counting lines of dialouge.

I was thinking more just hours of gameplay. Seems arbitrary to do just bosses.

Even better was all the weird people out there convinced that "every part of the game would be extended out in the Remake because they extended the first 10% (Midgar) into a full part"...as if Midgar wasn't an obvious spot to expand on versus most of the game.

• 1Like

Merrith

It's just easiest to count. It's reasonable to assume they are somewhat evenly distributed.

But like I said, it's not perfect.

Some would be more aptly called minibosses rather than actual bosses. Also some portions of the game are going to be more boss rushy than others. In general if I spent 4 hours of a 40 hour game in an area, I'd say 10% of the game, I wouldn't be counting how many "boss encounters" I had in each area to do that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Some would be more aptly called minibosses rather than actual bosses. Also some portions of the game are going to be more boss rushy than others. In general if I spent 4 hours of a 40 hour game in an area, I'd say 10% of the game, I wouldn't be counting how many "boss encounters" I had in each area to do that.
Count it your way then.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wut?

Yeh I said "story so far". 30% or so of the story so far is Remake, the other 70% is Rebirth, roughly. That's going off their runtimes, not factoring in the PS1 FF7 at all here.

As for what the composition will be once Part 3 exists, who knows. It might be more like Remake's length or it might be even bigger than Rebirth. Might end up being like a 15/35/50 situation or something.

And in the original game the Midgar section (AKA Remake) was probably about 10% of the total runtime so we can't use that as a barometer on anything.

Siliconemelons

Playing through the OG - it is quite fast and small in some scale - like in my memory the path from Arith house to wall was big, it’s like 2 screens lol

also even the intro FMV if you scale out the train and station, it’s 50% the sector lol

I am getting ready to raid “the” Shinra company to rescue the flower girl.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Playing through the OG - it is quite fast and small in some scale - like in my memory the path from Arith house to wall was big, it’s like 2 screens lol
It's 6?

Sector 5 Slums
Sector 5 connecting area between Slums/Church
Sector 6 Collapsed Highway (two screens?)
Sector 6 Playground
Sector 6 connecting area between Playground/Wall Street

Takes half an hour to get across each one because random battles.

Siliconemelons

It's 6?

Sector 5 Slums
Sector 5 connecting area between Slums/Church
Sector 6 Collapsed Highway (two screens?)
Sector 6 Playground
Sector 6 connecting area between Playground/Wall Street

Takes half an hour to get across each one because random battles.

yeah I was mostly counting from the … door? Crack in wall that the dudes “guard” before it’s time yo go there… to the playground end/ where we then go to wall market, so yeah 2 or 3 .. stupid exploding house!

Malakriss

That is probably because of simps wanting to install the physical version of the game that does not alter flashback Tifa's costume to be in line with Rebirth. Or the one line of Aerith's dialogue. One of those.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Did you take the like 100 flights of stairs? I have no idea if the elevator works, I just started climbing 20 flights as a joke and stuck with it. I laughed when the run speed started slowing waaay down. Was worth it for the dialogue.
Love that part in the OG. Tifa tells Cloud to “stop acting like a retard” part way up.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Love that part in the OG. Tifa tells Cloud to “stop acting like a retard” part way up.
LOL its still there on the switch version, surprising ;-)

Also... on the "love triangle" - Cloud should be with Tifa, duh childhood friends etc etc - the only reason Arith is a thing is because he has Zack's memories jacking him up- but apparently she just goes with whatever blue eyes spiky haired dude gives her attention. I put that on her being a...flower girl...

• 1Like