Final Fantasy VII Remake

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, like, when I read all that I just go "But why?"

It seems like they basically just wimped out of showing something remotely graphic.

Their idea of graphic is pretty weird then.
We get the blood pool from Wedge's final death falling out of the Shinra building (though admittedly not shot of his body there), and the blood on the sword/blood pool growing on the ground when Aerith gets killed. Also multiple times where Cloud goes full on Seph hacking up random Shinra red shirts getting blood on his face, etc.

Siliconemelons

Guys it’s all clear as day- didn’t you read here recently that if there is any concept you didn’t instantly get playing it- your a moron that cannot appreciate the high art literature square squash is dealing you? It’s not convoluted at all, everything is at up perfectly clear.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
That clip Max got shown where literally every single cutscene in the game is in the end credits EXCEPT every scene where Cloud sees Aerith as not dead is so obviously intentional.
Or they worried about it leaking and took those scenes out

Listen the black smoke monster is going to make sense at the end and tie into Snoke's backstory.

Merrith

Or they worried about it leaking and took those scenes out

Listen the black smoke monster is going to make sense at the end and tie into Snoke's backstory.

So they weren't worried about every other cutscene in the game leaking at all, just those. Logic checks out.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So they weren't worried about every other cutscene in the game leaking at all, just those. Logic checks out.
The ones we saw in 1997? The only spoiler going into this was if Aerith's fate was going to change.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Guys it’s all clear as day- didn’t you read here recently that if there is any concept you didn’t instantly get playing it- your a moron that cannot appreciate the high art literature square squash is dealing you? It’s not convoluted at all, everything is at up perfectly clear.

You the guy that didn't play part 1 talking about how part 2 is confusing?

Merrith

The ones we saw in 1997? The only spoiler going into this was if Aerith's fate was going to change.

Come on now, the entire game was going to change according to some. What about the emotional impact of Kalm? Are they still going to go to XYZ?

And to most people's complete lack of surprise, Aerith's fate did not change.

Siliconemelons

You the guy that didn't play part 1 talking about how part 2 is confusing?

i am not confused this is a masterpiece of story telling and is so perfect no one in the entire audience of this game has any confusion about what is transpiring and is completely at awe in its majesty

you should have said “majesty” in strong bad’s voice in your mind reading this

• 2Worf

Merrith

Everyone's confused to some degree, but it's not like what they were going to do was hard to see coming.
I'm assuming this game will give a little more clarity on exactly how it's meant to be understood...but I would bet heavily on them still attempting to maintain some "mystery" going into the 3rd and final part b/c they clearly loved all the theory-crafting and guessing about what was going to happen after Remake. The trailers do heavily imply there is some sort of multiple timelines going on, at the very least.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Their idea of graphic is pretty weird then.
We get the blood pool from Wedge's final death falling out of the Shinra building (though admittedly not shot of his body there), and the blood on the sword/blood pool growing on the ground when Aerith gets killed. Also multiple times where Cloud goes full on Seph hacking up random Shinra red shirts getting blood on his face, etc.

What I meant by "graphic" was something that would have a high impact on players. They show other much more violent things that don't have much impact in comparison. This particular thing would be high-impact so they did everything they could to not show it.

Malakriss

h4m4nopxo9tc1.jpg

hl4kippxo9tc1.jpg

rp9j0spxo9tc1.jpg

• 2Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
So finally finished this, completed all the overland zones but generally didn't go for plat.

Liked the story overall.
Waay too many mini games. I wish they invested that time into better encounters/encounter mechanics
Still don't love the weapon upgrade/stat system, nothing feels like your making a "build" you just basically grab a few things and dump the rest into passives.
Forbidden Capital to the end felt like way too long.
Gongaga navigation was horrible.
A lot repetitive mechanics in the overworld.
Wish they had deeper side quests with more story, and less fetch shit.

Merrith

What I meant by "graphic" was something that would have a high impact on players. They show other much more violent things that don't have much impact in comparison. This particular thing would be high-impact so they did everything they could to not show it.

That's going to be relative to the player, though. Quite a few people thought Wedge might be alive along with Biggs and Jessie after Remake's ending. Essentially seeing/hearing him go splat from X floors up off the Shinra building was pretty dark. Also the times Cloud basically starts slicing and dicing as if he was Sephiroth was quite wtf.

I've also seen quite a few takes from people who felt it was even more high impact to watch the rest of the party completely heartbroken while Cloud is so obviously broken in his mind that he can't even accept Aerith's death (not to mention Zack's). Actually wonder if some people are right that once the big Cloud mind fixing stuff happens in Part 3, he's going to have to forgive himself for basically forgetting that they DID put her body in the water and all of that stuff actually happened, but we only saw things from his broken mind perspective at the end of Rebirth where he blocked that out. Pair that up with likely reliving the Zack taking bullet after bullet from Shinra troopers, have a feeling the Cloud "holy shit this is what all really happened" moment this time around might be pretty bleak.

Merrith

So finally finished this, completed all the overland zones but generally didn't go for plat.

Liked the story overall.
Waay too many mini games. I wish they invested that time into better encounters/encounter mechanics
Still don't love the weapon upgrade/stat system, nothing feels like your making a "build" you just basically grab a few things and dump the rest into passives.
Forbidden Capital to the end felt like way too long.
Gongaga navigation was horrible.
A lot repetitive mechanics in the overworld.
Wish they had deeper side quests with more story, and less fetch shit.

Not sure how leveled you were/how deep into folios you got, but definitely made use of certain skills both in Folios and paired with certain weapons at times on some characters for tougher combat challenges. The stacking you can get with certain characters with weapon choices and lengths of buffs/debuffs definitely changed up my strat on a few fights. Also stuff you can do with Tifa having 100% concentrate at start of battle, and her Chi from Unbridled Strength raising her attack power. Barrett as a support tank guy can get some really insane buffs to start off fights that last awhile.

Do you mean Temple of Ancients to the end? Forgotten Capital felt short

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Not sure how leveled you were/how deep into folios you got, but definitely made use of certain skills both in Folios and paired with certain weapons at times on some characters for tougher combat challenges. The stacking you can get with certain characters with weapon choices and lengths of buffs/debuffs definitely changed up my strat on a few fights. Also stuff you can do with Tifa having 100% concentrate at start of battle, and her Chi from Unbridled Strength raising her attack power. Barrett as a support tank guy can get some really insane buffs to start off fights that last awhile.

Do you mean Temple of Ancients to the end? Forgotten Capital felt short
Eh Yeah I was LVL 50 when I finished, and a lot of the were focused on synergy? I dont mind that but honestly on normal difficulty its only a few times I used a lot of the synergy abilities the weapon abilities were better or as good most of the time.

Yeah meant Temple. Felt it dragged out.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
also fuck the following minigames:
Grabbing Moogles in high Lvl mogstops
The Cactuar ones for protorelic
The Gears and Gambits one

Merrith

Eh Yeah I was LVL 50 when I finished, and a lot of the were focused on synergy? I dont mind that but honestly on normal difficulty its only a few times I used a lot of the synergy abilities the weapon abilities were better or as good most of the time.

Yeah meant Temple. Felt it dragged out.

Temple was long, but really enjoyed the mechanics of it. People who did final 2 chapters all in one sitting must have been a grind, though.

Depending on how much side stuff was done, not sure if level 50 would unlock 4th skill slot for weapons. Also just raw skill points to unlock deep enough in folios to really mix and match some useful stuff. Definitely more of a thing on Hard mode/Brutal challenges in combat sims, though.

Honestly Yuffie still feels like most OP character as far as ability to combat anything. Being able to just range cast any elemental ninjitsu was OP as fuck.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I was around 90 hours and that's about when I start losing interest in a game. I'd made it to the final land area (Nibel) and for whatever reason was having a hard time finding the damn Chocobo. Look at a spoiler and of course it's obvious now. Not really feeling the land masses on this game. Anyhow , 8 tries to get that motherfucking blue cocksucking shit bird across the cactus and I deleted the game off my PS5 and deleted the saves. Not sure who @ Square thought that was 'fun'. I'll try again when the PC version comes out , and I think that's the last PS5 game I'm buying as well.

Now I can try gaming on the new PC I built at the end of February. Bought Armored Core 6 on Steam Sale, I'll get my teeth kicked out on that.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users