Final Fantasy VII Remake

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Been too long since i played the game then lol. I should probably fix that.
Yeah, I'm getting the itch now too, god dammit! Such a great game but I dread doing shit like dodging 200 lightning bolts again. Speaking of that:

I've never farmed any of the extra crap in FFX, but I remember reading somewhere that there's a spot where if you do something, you're guaranteed a lightning strike with the exact same timing every single time, so it's much easier than trying to dodge 200 completey random ones. I don't care enough to google it but maybe one of yall does.
Step 1: Go to the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth off of Calm Lands with capture weapons, run around and fight until you capture a Ghost.
Step 2: Go to the Monster Arena and fight Ghosts over and over until he drops an armor with No Encounters on it. It's his rare drop but it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to get one. It doesn't matter which character gets one it works even if they're not in the active party.
Step 3: Go to this spot in the south area of Thunder Plains, every time you step in the crater a bolt will strike:

You can actually do this as soon as you get to Calm Lands but it's better to just wait until you get the airship as you'll need that to get Lulu's other pieces. Her ultimate is pretty good for capturing some of the higher hp monsters (doublecast+demi) but she is pretty worthless against the super optional bosses. You can skip the lightning dodging and craft a similar weapon for her if you're having trouble doing it, but it's not worth the effort unless you really want to use her.

edit: If you just want to beat the story as fast as possible you don't have to bother with any of the ultimate weapons or side quest stuff. Worst case if you're having trouble with a boss just get all of your aeons to full overdrive before the fight and maybe grind a few levels.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
When I replayed the version with Dark Aeons and stuff a few years ago the Chocobo races were easy. But I swear when I originally played the game there was a Chocobo race where I had to get UNDER 0 seconds and that took me the longest damn time. Think I spent most of the day trying to get it. It's been a long time, but there was definitely something fucky about that race in the original version.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
When I replayed the version with Dark Aeons and stuff a few years ago the Chocobo races were easy. But I swear when I originally played the game there was a Chocobo race where I had to get UNDER 0 seconds and that took me the longest damn time. Think I spent most of the day trying to get it. It's been a long time, but there was definitely something fucky about that race in the original version.
Took me like 6 hours one day trying to do it. I am surprised I didn't chuck the ps2 controller through the TV I got so frustrated. Was for part of Tidus' weapon.

Or the fucking butterflies.....
Didn't get Kimarhi's for this very reason.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Took me like 6 hours one day trying to do it. I am surprised I didn't chuck the ps2 controller through the TV I got so frustrated. Was for part of Tidus' weapon.

Didn't get Kimarhi's for this very reason.
Stories like this are hilarious to me, because I did the chocobo race in under 0 seconds the second time I tried it in FFX. I found the lightening dodge far more irritating.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean I might do them, I'm not sure yet.

Did I screw one up if I didn't do all the destruction spheres in the temples before finishing bevelle? I thought I read that somewhere.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The controls in the chocobo race are intentionally bad, and the original PS2 version was much easier than the revamped one due to there being bugs with the birds flying through the player in the original release. Honestly never had a problem with the butterflies, took me maybe 20 minutes to get that one. But to this day I haven't gotten lulu's, mostly because hers ignoring armor means jack, and you can just add the other abilities with post-game drops. The only bonus is that one of the Aeons can break the damage limit, but that doesn't matter for the most part since three aeons do by default and getting the spirit weapons for the easier characters enables all of them but one.

Stupid lightning.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The Lightning dodging was actually easier on the PS2 since you had a wired controller. The wireless controllers on the PS3 and PS4 have a fraction of a second of lag response that is enough to make dodging the lightning a lot more difficult.

Fadaar

That guy
I am surprised I didn't chuck the ps2 controller through the TV I got so frustrated.
The one and only time I've ever actually broken a console controller was doing this exact thing. Luckily this was back when FFX was new so all we had were those thick glass screen CRT TV's. Fucker just bounced right off it and broke at either the left or right side where the shoulder buttons are. I found my L2 or R2 button on the other side of the room. When I did it I actually got, no shit, 0:00 on the dot and it did not count. I flipped my shit so hard.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yeah but after Bevelle I think the dark aeons are there?
If you missed Besaid or Macalania spheres, prepare to be cockblocked. No Anima/Magus Sisters/Yuna ultimate until you can kill them.

Dark Valefor is camping the entrance to Besaid and is the easiest of the dark aeons. You might be able to beat him fresh off the airship as long as you use aeons/auto-life/hyper mighty G to absorb his overdrives. If not just go work on other ultimates and come back, he is definitely beatable without insane party grinding.

Dark Shiva is camping Macalania and is much harder, but if you really want to you can cheese kill her withYojimbo's Zanmatoattack. There's a shitload of maths that go into calculating the odds of him using it but the tl;dr is: Use him in a bunch of random battles to get your compatibility up, pay him in multiples of 1024, don't let him die, never dismiss him without paying, and get his overdrive gauge full.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
You can also Yojimbo to wipe out a Dark Aeon with his autokill ability if you are desperate.

Swear the person above me edited in the last part!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
This is a game if you're just now playing on a emulator you should absolutely play the INT version with dark aeons. I had a lot more fun the second time around. Just wish there was a version of blitzball that was competitive. I know I'm in the vast minority but I loved Blitzball.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Is there a way to check if I did the destruction spheres or not?
Not that I'm aware of.

If you got the treasure chest in the various temples, you did the destruction spheres.

Any temple you can recall getting a treasure chest in you probably did the destruction sphere in.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I know I'm in the vast minority but I loved Blitzball.
I hated it initially as well. But I loved it by the time i finished the game. I remember even trying to trade with the other teams to improve mine. I think I eventually got Brother on my team and he was really fucking good.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not that I'm aware of.

If you got the treasure chest in the various temples, you did the destruction spheres.

Any temple you can recall getting a treasure chest in you probably did the destruction sphere in.
Yeah the problem was I did 15 hours of the game last year then picked it back up a week ago lol

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah understandable. That's how I've been playing it too. I just made sure to get the destruction spheres in each temple so I remembered that I had already done it.

You're probably further than me now. I think only one or two are blocked by dark Aeon's if you go back later, and I'm pretty sure none of the items are really that spectacular anyway. Could be wrong I guess.