Final Fantasy VII Remake

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yea but in this case it's his fucking mother.

So it's a chick. Or was.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We probably won't get any news for awhile about it. Last I heard they're talking major combat changes, potential story changes, etc.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bump even though there's no news... or maybe there is, I just wanted this on the first page again.
(sorry for getting peoples hopes up)

Siliconemelons

Who does not like Dredd? Bump it! for the hoard!

And mmm... ff7 remake!

News... umm... the ff7 iOS port came out... maybe they hinted at changes somewhere in the port with dialog updates?! we all should buy it and play it completely through just to check and be sure!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looks good, wonder if they are going to cut massive content from the first game.
Cut content?

What they showed was an exact remake of the original with possibly extra dialogue and game play elements. If anything I think we would get more content.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm not a big fan of Cloud's arms, but it's true to the original design. Barret looked cool as fuck. Combat is really where the game will fail or succeed I think, the rest looks really cool.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Without block hands it doesn't feel like FF7 to me.

edit: is this PS4 only? Might have to finally buy a "next gen" console.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I replayed the battle scenes extensively, I don't think it is action RPG like some people are claiming. I think it's still basically real time menu based and what we saw are just the attack animations. so you select attack from the menu, and he does the same thing as the original, but with flashy animations with maybe multiple hits that still add up to the correct total. It looked like it could have freestyle movement around the battlefield though, so that would make it feel a bit more like the combat from FF12 without gambits?

As long as it's not button-mash I have hope. I'm thinking it looks very true to the original combat-wise. If you look in the lower right corner you can see the limit guages filling up and the hp/mana totals. I didn't see any ATB guage filling up though, but it could be the colored attack bar, or it's not in yet, or it disappears during attacks, who knows.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Cut content?

What they showed was an exact remake of the original with possibly extra dialogue and game play elements. If anything I think we would get more content.
This.

There is absolutely no reason to remake the Hamlet of videogames and cut corners. I really think they feel the exact same way, and that video only backs it up.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Re watching a few times, literally every location shown looks THE SAME as the original. Looking forward to seeing locations like Wall Street.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I replayed the battle scenes extensively, I don't think it is action RPG like some people are claiming. I think it's still basically real time menu based and what we saw are just the attack animations. so you select attack from the menu, and he does the same thing as the original, but with flashy animations with maybe multiple hits that still add up to the correct total. It looked like it could have freestyle movement around the battlefield though, so that would make it feel a bit more like the combat from FF12 without gambits?

As long as it's not button-mash I have hope. I'm thinking it looks very true to the original combat-wise. If you look in the lower right corner you can see the limit guages filling up and the hp/mana totals. I didn't see any ATB guage filling up though, but it could be the colored attack bar, or it's not in yet, or it disappears during attacks, who knows.
It still has some form of ATB battle system. Maybe a hybrid version with some aspects of FF13-15 mixed in I dunno. But you're right.