XIV
XIII
XV

D Tier:
III
I
II
IX

Guess I'll copy this format (haven't played II or XV at all, leaving out MMO's but including Tactics). I don't really have any preferences over settings or set/customizable characters, story big thing for me, as is combat.

S Tier:
VII

A Tier:
VI
Tactics
X

B Tier:
IX
XII
IV
V

C Tier:
III
I
VIII

D Tier:
XIII

• 1Blown
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Guess I'll copy this format (haven't played II or XV at all, leaving out MMO's but including Tactics). I don't really have any preferences over settings or set/customizable characters, story big thing for me, as is combat.

S Tier:
VII

A Tier:
VI
Tactics
X

B Tier:
IX
XII
IV
V

C Tier:
III
I
VIII

D Tier:
XIII
Haha you quoted me too fast, already changed my mind!

I prefer a good battle system with my story, so I rate V and VIII higher.

• 1Potato
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

It's funny cause V for me gets a major boost for battle system but basically the same neg for story.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Draw was a good battle system? What the fuck?

V was fucking dope though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Draw was a good battle system? What the fuck?

V was fucking dope though.

Yeah I know Chris is a big VIII guy so I wasn't going to say that VIII loses points for me on both story and combat. I just couldn't put it below XIII and felt XIII deserved it's own super shit tier.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Here’s the leak, haven’t seen it posted yet. Does look nice.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I know Chris is a big VIII guy so I wasn't going to say that VIII loses points for me on both story and combat. I just couldn't put it below XIII and felt XIII deserved it's own super shit tier.

8 was the beginning of the end for me. I fell asleep while playing multiple times and ended up never finishing it. I was a FF completionist before that boring shit.

• 1Ding!

Merrith

8 was the beginning of the end for me. I fell asleep while playing multiple times and ended up never finishing it. I was a FF completionist before that boring shit.

I look at 7 and 8 as this time period when they were clearly trying to experiment a lot more on character design, setting, and combat systems. For whatever reason, 7's direction worked for me, while I found 8 to be the exact opposite. I know plenty of people who are the exact opposite but that's how it was for me. 8 turned me off so much I actually didn't play 9 at all until after I had completed 10.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
So everyone who ever played it? Got it.
The game could have done a better job showing the alternate methods of creating spells by refining items or cards.

But once you know that, the game is much better.

• 1Potato

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The game could have done a better job showing the alternate methods of creating spells by refining items or cards.

But once you know that, the game is much better.

I fall in the example you're using TBH. I got set on drawing being how to get spells early and I was autistic enough to waste time by getting max of each spell (even ultima) through drawing and converting some cards, but I never looked into breaking down items.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I fall in the example you're using TBH. I got set on drawing being how to get spells early and I was autistic enough to waste time by getting max of each spell (even ultima) through drawing and converting some cards, but I never looked into breaking down items.
I always drew 100 of stuff in my first play throughs as a kid, it's the games fault.

It's worth another look without using Draw for stocking magic.

For example buy Cottages which Siren can refine into Curaga.