Final Fantasy VII Remake

Chris

Potato del Grande
In 4 the main character's father was an alien from a traveling moon.

7 also had Aeris' people who went from planet to planet it to "heal" them

9 had an entire alien race trying to steal the souls of other planets

I never played 2, 3, or passed 9, but looking back and there's plenty of aliens
Oh yeah I forgot about 9.

The moon is definatly a theme and sometimes other planets, but they tend to be populated by humans or regular monsters.

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I'm excited to play JUST the midgar campaign like a fucking asshole. Good to see that none of the footage contains ANY content outside midgar. Hope ya'll like city scapes for the next 10 fucking years. Seriously, fuck this shit.

• 3Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I'm excited to play JUST the midgar campaign like a fucking asshole. Good to see that none of the footage contains ANY content outside midgar. Hope ya'll like city scapes for the next 10 fucking years. Seriously, fuck this shit.

I'll take the under on 10 years. I get it, some people didn't like Midgar, but I'd bet the majority of VII fans/players are more than happy to see expanded story within Midgar and hopefully get to explore some more of it. I know I am. Everyone should have known since e3 months ago this installment was Midgar only since they literally said it there.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Midgar is the most iconic and best part of the game. Totally blew my mind when I played it, was my first exposure to Cyberpunk, Japanese culture and JRPGs.

• 3Like
  • 2Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean I saw Akira like... 6-7 years before FFVII came out, and Midgar was still great. If this is everything up to the chase scene leaving the city, but expanded enough to at least hit a 25-40 hour game? Uh yeah I'm down for that hah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean I saw Akira like... 6-7 years before FFVII came out, and Midgar was still great. If this is everything up to the chase scene leaving the city, but expanded enough to at least hit a 25-40 hour game? Uh yeah I'm down for that hah.
Yeah they talked about it ending there.

They hinted at moving Motor Ball earlier and having a more fitting last boss for the end of the game. So I'm going to guess that JENOVA Birth is going to be moved there.

• 1EyeRoll

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

*y’all

• 5Worf
  • 1Triggered
Reactions: 5 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
Yeah it's amazing the first part of the game which lasts 3 or 4 hours turned until a full sized game in the remake. Best thing ever, can't wait for the second game, it's gonna be great fighting that dragon who beats up Mr dolphin as the last boss.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Yeah it's amazing the first part of the game which lasts 3 or 4 hours turned until a full sized game in the remake. Best thing ever, can't wait for the second game, it's gonna be great fighting that dragon who beats up Mr dolphin as the last boss.

I mean I assume you're just trolling a little, but the idea they might expand some parts of the original game they felt had more meat on the bone potential while leaving other stuff mostly intact as it was isn't some incredible leap of logic, is it?

Rude

Potato del Grande
I mean I assume you're just trolling a little, but the idea they might expand some parts of the original game they felt had more meat on the bone potential while leaving other stuff mostly intact as it was isn't some incredible leap of logic, is it?
You could say that about the entire game. Vincent and Yuffie are optional characters, will anything involving them be some form of DLC? How about Junon? Is the life stream going to be a handful of rooms still? The fact that they turned a short career as an eco terrorist into a full game is utterly retarded. At least if the "episodic" series lasts long enough to address Diamond Weapon they'll be able to re-use these assets and cut costs.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

You could say that about the entire game. Vincent and Yuffie are optional characters, will anything involving them be some form of DLC? How about Junon? Is the life stream going to be a handful of rooms still? The fact that they turned a short career as an eco terrorist into a full game is utterly retarded. At least if the "episodic" series lasts long enough to address Diamond Weapon they'll be able to re-use these assets and cut costs.

"short career as an eco terrorist" is just a small bit of what they can tell/expand on in Midgar. If you hated Midgar, I get it. There's definitely some of those people out there. The rest just seems like whining over episodic releases. I assume this game will cover through Midgar...and the next will be the start of the open world part after it. Whether it'll end up in 3 or 4 total parts who knows, although there's clearly one big plot point that would seem an obvious ending point for a later episode.

I would assume Vincent and Yuffie aren't in this first game at all since you didn't get either until past Midgar. I think it's weird people freak out over this. Get the feeling most fans will be happy with getting to know Biggs/Wedge/Jessie much better and it'll mean a whole lot more by the end of this game when the plate falls down, etc.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
"short career as an eco terrorist" is just a small bit of what they can tell/expand on in Midgar. If you hated Midgar, I get it. There's definitely some of those people out there. The rest just seems like whining over episodic releases. I assume this game will cover through Midgar...and the next will be the start of the open world part after it. Whether it'll end up in 3 or 4 total parts who knows, although there's clearly one big plot point that would seem an obvious ending point for a later episode.

I would assume Vincent and Yuffie aren't in this first game at all since you didn't get either until past Midgar. I think it's weird people freak out over this. Get the feeling most fans will be happy with getting to know Biggs/Wedge/Jessie much better and it'll mean a whole lot more by the end of this game when the plate falls down, etc.
I didn’t much like midgar in the original but it was more because there was no overworld and it was on rails. Logically thinking about it it was still on rails even when you got to the open world part, it was just psychological. I expect that with the whole first game being midgar, we will definitely see it opened up and itself treated more like a world, so I don’t have a problem with it. The setting of midgar was good.

I just really don’t like the episodic nature, they are likely going to have to add a level cap so that people don’t transition to episode 2 and just smash through it immediately

Chris

Potato del Grande
I didn’t much like midgar in the original but it was more because there was no overworld and it was on rails. Logically thinking about it it was still on rails even when you got to the open world part, it was just psychological. I expect that with the whole first game being midgar, we will definitely see it opened up and itself treated more like a world, so I don’t have a problem with it. The setting of midgar was good.

I just really don’t like the episodic nature, they are likely going to have to add a level cap so that people don’t transition to episode 2 and just smash through it immediately
Or have FF8 level scaling and go above lv99!

• 1Barf

Merrith

Most of the FF games hide the fact that they're pretty linear for large portions of the game in some way or another. I guess I'm just of the mind that I'm shocked they're even doing the remake at all and if they're actually going to put out quality, episodic means I could get 2+ great games instead of just one.

I'm not too worried about the level stuff, they could always tune it down so you could level high in the first episode but start at something more reasonable for the 2nd and as long as it makes sense for the level of enemies you'll be facing will be fine imo.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Most of the FF games hide the fact that they're pretty linear for large portions of the game

tube.png

I've always liked this fella's Final Fantasy reviews so I'm linking them here big whoop wanna fight about it.