Final Fantasy VII Remake

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Wtf is memorable about any of the sectors outside of the church, the Don Corneo show and maybe Tifa's bar that you goto one time. Every sector is one or two screens with some tiny homes. We really going to go there with how assets were distributed in the towns in this game? We going to talk about the amazing mako reactors being entirely recycled outside of the entry / exit screens? The Shinra HQ, which was essentially just a "dungeon"?

And LOL Merrith, your homerism is adorable. I'd rather see more Junon over Midgar, why not further investigate Corel before it got turned into an Afghani poppi farm? They'll most likely fatigue the episodic content out and never finish a full remake.

Midgar was definitely in and around 30% of the graphical assets of the game. Makes sense as a story break too.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

That's literally just taking the demo first chapter and assuming all other 17 chapters are the exact same length. That also assumes the 18 chapters they found in this leak are all there are, too.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Rude

Potato del Grande
I guess being eco-terrorists wouldn't look too good today, not like Barrett had any reason for it, nor did he grow from the ordeal in the original.
Midgar was definitely in and around 30% of the graphical assets of the game. Makes sense as a story break too.
What? No it wasn't.

• 1Picard

Quaid

Trump's Staff

To correlate chapter 1's playtime to the other 17 is a bit of a reach. I’ve read plenty of novels that contain both 5 page and 50 page chapters.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That's literally just taking the demo first chapter and assuming all other 17 chapters are the exact same length. That also assumes the 18 chapters they found in this leak are all there are, too.

Being that SE has not been transparent about anything with this thing with no knowledge of what is going on in the future for the title, much less how many other “episodes” they will be releasing, it’s pretty easy to look at the history of past game releases and know there is a snake ass reason for it.

Hey man I hope you are right. But we all saw how that DLC plan worked out for FF15.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I guess being eco-terrorists wouldn't look too good today, not like Barrett had any reason for it, nor did he grow from the ordeal in the original.

What? No it wasn't.
omg, his victory pose is a black power sign... how did i never see this
tifa-barret-cloud-ff7-mod.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
What? No it wasn't.

Sure it was. Break it down by number of screens. Midgar was dozens of them. What was Golden Saucer? Like 10? Junon... another 10? Think about it. You just moved through Midgar quickly as a matter of pacing. The rest of the game was just paced slowly through sparse content.

• 1Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!

Merrith

Being that SE has not been transparent about anything with this thing with no knowledge of what is going on in the future for the title, much less how many other “episodes” they will be releasing, it’s pretty easy to look at the history of past game releases and know there is a snake ass reason for it.

Hey man I hope you are right.

I'm not discounting the possibility, but even calling that an "estimate" is a bit laughable, just a huge stretch. I think 3 or 4 episodes makes sense total. Like I said earlier in the thread, I think Aeris' death is another obvious stopping point for one.

Frankly I remember people claiming they'd have far less to show at e3 as well.

• 1Cringe

Merrith

The most amusing part is if we do get 25-35 hours of story (I'm guessing they'll have side content that isn't required that plenty of people will do), you'll have people saying it's far too long for just Midgar.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Picard

Rude

Potato del Grande
Sure it was. Break it down by number of screens. Midgar was dozens of them. What was Golden Saucer? Like 10? Junon... another 10? Think about it. You just moved through Midgar quickly as a matter of pacing. The rest of the game was just paced slowly through sparse content.
And then you realize the train corridors / graveyard, sewers, and Shinra HQ were dungeons and throw in all of the dungeons the game had which you neglected to count. So yeah, it's not close to 30% of the assets, even after lifting the cannon from Junon.

• 1Picard

Quaid

Trump's Staff
And then you realize the train corridors / graveyard, sewers, and Shinra HQ were dungeons and throw in all of the dungeons the game had which you neglected to count. So yeah, it's not close to 30% of the assets, even after lifting the cannon from Junon.

Im not sure what this 'dungeon' distinction you’re making is. I’m talking about raw set pieces, 'dungeon' or not.

I bet Midgar had over 100 of them as a conservative estimate. Shinra Building alone was around 30.

Temple of the Ancients + Bone Village + Forgotten Capital might have been 20 combined. Rocket town was like 5 set pieces... Nibelheim 8.... Gongaga 6... Mount Corel 6 or 7.... Kalm was like 4 screens... Chocobo farm was 2....

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What is the timeline on the release of these episodes to constitute a full actual remake of the game?

This really pisses me off.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
What is the timeline on the release of these episodes to constitution a full actual remake of the game?

This really pisses me off.

The only thing they have said, is they will be annouced when they are ready, really don't' care right now with all the games coming the next few months got plenty too do.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Maybe think of it in terms of towns, minigames and dungeons.

Three towns: Sectors 5, 6 and 7. But you visit Sector 6/Wall Street twice.
Four dungeons: Reactor 1, Reactor 5, Sewers/Train Graveyard/Pillar, Shinra HQ.
Three Minigames: Barrels, Squats, Bikes

So what is the next sequence of that length? Up to Goal Saucer? Then up to Temple of Ancients? Then up to Gaia's Cliff?

I feel like it's going to be 3 parts to cover the world map at that speed and another for the endgame. 4 more parts.

With the expanded Midgar increasing the content there I think you can half the number of parts needed which comes to... 2 more parts like they said.

Fadaar

That guy
Have they said whether or not we're going to get a traversable overworld map? Haven't seen one since FF9.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Have they said whether or not we're going to get a traversable overworld map? Haven't seen one since FF9.

The knee-jerk nostalgia whore in me wants a traversable world map, but when I really think about it, it was a really silly thing in the original. The only thing actually fun about it was ripping around in the Highwind.

I hope they do a hybrid system for the world map where they expand some of the more important world map areas (Yuffie jungle, Cactuar island, Midgar Swamp) into fully developed locations/dungeons. You could lean heavily on the vehicles, which is all most people cared about anyway I think, and use them to traverse between the various areas over the world map. But there would be no getting out and walking, no random world map encounters.

A fully traversable world like an MMO would be the worst case scenario I think. What an unnecessary clusterfuck that’d be.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Dialogue was leaked. Reddit is saying there is Zero chance this thing is anything more than 15 hours with side games.

Dialogue texts have leaked now too. It's pretty obvious this game isn't going to be 30-40 hours. People shouldn't have taken SE at face value. It's largely the same as the original in terms of structure and is going to be linear. They've just fleshed out some stuff to lengthen it.
Basically, main campaign is likely gonna be a 15-20 hour thing at most. It's like when they claimed FFXV is 40 hours at least when it's more 25-30 hours. The rest of the time is mainly from open world stuff and side content. And FF7 Remake doesn't even have that to pad it out.
6 years in development. Just Midgar and mostly the same at that. Working with CC2 was clearly a waste of time. This game is gonna get a huge backlash when it releases.

Get ready for these assholes to release 3-4 59.99 games to cover the entire game. If it even gets that far after the hate this shitstorm will get after launch.

Last edited:
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's pretty goddamn disappointing man. I was expecting this to be a full remake of the original game not a1/6 make for full price.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
People are now arguing if this is Sony's fault or SE's.

They knew exactly what they were trying to do when they ran amok in the development process, or, worse, had this type of business model planned all along to see what they could get away with. SE left the encryption password in the demo to unlock all the files which is why this is all coming out now.

I know a lot of people were/still are looking forward to this - I was one of them - and I will still rent it. But this should NOT be a new business model we as consumers support with a full price purchase. It's either one of two things at this point: SE fucked up so badly in development they had to compensate somehow and then go silent and this was their only way out economically, or they planned this all along. Could be a mix of both.

Either way whoever left that Encryption password in the demo is going to be eating ramen the rest of their lives from a gutter.

I mean who knows at this point why it's on 2 discs. The first could be holding a Kingsglaive style movie, or, the cut scenes alone could probably fit on a disc.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Shrug, I'll take more content instead of less as long as it's worth the price. I am going to whore out hard for it regardless.

I want them to do III (VI) like this after it so badly. I'm thinking there's a chance..

• 1Tiresome