Final Fantasy VII Remake

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I won't be touching this until its at a steep discount. $200 to play your remake of a 23 year old game over a 4 year period of, 'episodes'. If not longer.

You can get fucked Square.

I've a backlog to hit anyway.

• 4Like
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Shrug, I'll take more content instead of less as long as it's worth the price. I am going to whore out hard for it regardless.

I want them to do III (VI) like this after it so badly. I'm thinking there's a chance..

Do you consider cut scenes content? Or are you looking for Gameplay content... Because they are literally taking a game and cutting it into an estimated 3-4 parts of roughly 15-20 hours each and selling it at full price - Which means you just paid $239.96 (If they did four episodes to complete) for a 60-80 hour RPG FF7 remake. (Legitmate estimates from the unencrypted files and script in the first installment hacked from the Demo because SE screwed the pooch and left it in there.

SE can get fucked.

Can you imagine if this worked and Todd Howard got a hold of this info? :p

• 1Triggered
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Do you consider cut scenes content? Or are you looking for Gameplay content... Because they are literally taking a game and cutting it into an estimated 3-4 parts of roughly 15-20 hours each and selling it at full price - Which means you just paid $239.96 (If they did four episodes to complete) for a 60-80 hour RPG FF7 remake. (Legitmate estimates from the unencrypted files and script in the first installment hacked from the Demo because SE screwed the pooch and left it in there.

SE can get fucked.

Can you imagine if this worked and Todd Howard got a hold of this info? :p

I'm going to buy the $300 edition for every episode and suck this games dick super hard.

Fuck you.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2EyeRoll
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I still don't doubt it will sell a lot. They're pushing the nostalgia marketing something fierce. I also can see people picking this up to bank on their nostalgia of it. Getting 15 hours into the game and seeing credits roll then going, "what in the holy fuck?"

Then getting real. Real pissed.

• 1GreNeg
  • 1Truth!

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess the big question will be is that duration of someone who speeds through text/skips cut scenes or actually reading/watching everything?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I still don't doubt it will sell a lot. They're pushing the nostalgia marketing something fierce. I also can see people picking this up to bank on their nostalgia of it. Getting 15 hours into the game and seeing credits roll then going, "what in the holy fuck?"

Then getting real. Real pissed.
If the game is 15 hours I'd agree with you completely.

but if it's normal game size not normal jrpg size i'll be fine with yearly releases.

• 1Potato
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm going to buy the $300 edition for every episode and suck this games dick super hard.

Fuck you.

Don't be pissed I didn't vote for you. You were 6th if it makes you feel any better :)

• 1GreNeg
  • 1SJW

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

but if it's normal game size not normal jrpg size i'll be fine with yearly releases.

Okay you can do whatever faggy shit you want. Last JRPG I played was Persona 5 and it clocked in at 120 hours. It was a damn good game. That kind of shit is the appeal to me to even bothering with JRPG. That's what I play when I want a long ass campaign of shit to do.

• 1GreNeg
  • 1Ding!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

The launch data was actually sliced through the leaked demo (Which had the full game files) and SE left the encryption password there and it was all unlocked. Everyone did the math - 18 Chapters, each chapter is at best 45 minutes long in the main campaign with mini games and a few side quests. Completely linear experience as well (Obviously).

A good analogy here would be slicing the Prologue and Act 1, Act 2, and Act 3 in Witcher 3 and charging $59.99 X 3 for it.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I guess the big question will be is that duration of someone who speeds through text/skips cut scenes or actually reading/watching everything?

If the game is 40 hours only if you do all the sidequests and other extra garbage then they are going to have real problems.

The nostalgia factor has people remembering this game being long as shit and full of stuff.

• 1GreNeg
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
The launch data was actually sliced through the leaked demo (Which had the full game files) and SE left the encryption password there and it was all unlocked. Everyone did the math - 18 Chapters, each chapter is at best 45 minutes long in the main campaign with mini games and a few side quests. Completely linear experience as well (Obviously).

A good analogy here would be slicing the Prologue and Act 1, Act 2, and Act 3 in Witcher 3 and charging $59.99 X 3 for it.

You trying to Avatar bet the game is longer than 13 hours?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You trying to Avatar bet the game is longer than 13 hours?

No. What I am saying is I actually hope all of this is wrong but everything points to it being correct. And the end result will be a lot of people's wallets taken advantage of by a shady as fuck company trying to pull something like this off. The backlash needs to be so horrendous it hits their bottom line in a way that should hurt them about as much as the FF14 original launch and retract.

Also, a good solid check on this will be when the demo launches. All the folks that sliced the files state the game is running in 1080p30. Even on Pro.

Let's also not forget - this game has been in development for only 2 and a half years. SE abandoned all of CC2's work and started from SCRATCH in 2017 after a massive stop start.

It's getting easier and easier to put all these pieces together.

Last edited:

Rude

Potato del Grande
That's pretty goddamn disappointing man. I was expecting this to be a full remake of the original game not a1/6 make for full price.
Haha I've been saying this shit for months. It's 10% of the original fucking game. I don't really give a shit how Quaid is arbitrarily deciding to categorize graphical assets. Anyone who's played the original a few times realizes this entire remake spans the fucking tutorial zone of the original.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Haha I've been saying this shit for months. It's 10% of the original fucking game. I don't really give a shit how Quaid is arbitrarily deciding to categorize graphical assets. Anyone who's played the original a few times realizes this entire remake spans the fucking tutorial zone of the original.

We already know the graphical assets and the entire dialogue for the game now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
We already know the graphical assets and the entire dialogue for the game now.
So what's the deal with the parachute sequence, extra bike sequence and the new SOLDIER character that were in the trailers?

Any links to these leaks? I saw the images that leaked day 1 of the demo being leaked, but nothing else. Could be someone is bullshitting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If the fucking game ends at Midgard it is seriously like 1/6 of the FFVII game. That isn't really a debate and I don't know why you all are mincing hairs about it.

Leak seems to indicate that it does. I hope I am super wrong about it and this is a much better, 'episode." Even though episodic content is still a crock of shit.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So what's the deal with the parachute sequence, extra bike sequence and the new SOLDIER character that were in the trailers?

Any links to these leaks? I saw the images that leaked day 1 of the demo being leaked, but nothing else. Could be someone is bullshitting.

Kunsel with a Class 3 Soldier blade.

1080p30 confirmed for PS4, and the files mentioned the PC port coming after March 4 2021 with AMD/Nvidia specs - upscaled on PS Pro but still native 1080p textures and assets anyway, along with the dialogue which has been piece mealed together to reveal a game which can be completed in about 15 hours (Estimated). One Mini game so far uncovered which was a Cloud Rhythm music Minigame.

(SE took down all the relevant story board information uncovered obviously - but it gives anyone who saw it a clear idea of how much content is in the game - and it isn't much)

Last edited:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Please flag all leaks and spoilers of the REMAKE with Spoiler tags.

I'm not going to enforce story spoilers for a 20+ year old game but make sure anything leaked pertaining to the new game is flagged.

Just a courtesy.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Kunsel with a Class 3 Soldier blade.

1080p30 confirmed for PS4, and the files mentioned the PC port coming after March 4 2021 with AMD/Nvidia specs - upscaled on PS Pro but still native 1080p textures and assets anyway, along with the dialogue which has been piece mealed together to reveal a game which can be completed in about 15 hours (Estimated). One Mini game so far uncovered which was a Cloud Rhythm music Minigame.

(SE took down all the relevant story board information uncovered obviously - but it gives anyone who saw it a clear idea of how much content is in the game - and it isn't much)
You don't have any answers for the questions I asked.

I've seen nowhere outline the new scenarios shown in the trailer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I get 20+ hours out of it, I'll be okay with it. Less would be pretty disappointing. I still think the idea of "well this chapter is 45 minutes so all the rest will be" is reaching pretty far.