Final Fantasy VII Remake

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Advent Children Aeris/Tifa:

rrr_img_100532.jpg

rrr_img_100533.jpg
Fapped. Though I feel a little dirty cause theres a kid in the picture.

Siliconemelons

I sure as hell didn't
Watch the extended bluray edition and
press stop after Sepheroth stabs cloud 1000 times and he is bleeding to death and pretend that its the end, not the crap we got that "wraps up" the story

I am excited for this as imo 15 is not going to be my cup of tea... but I have a terribad feeling they are going to mess with the battle system as turn base "does not interest this generation of gamers, and just like the first 7 brought in a new generation, so will this remake!"

The story is not that bad if you keep to the "three" core stories of Before Crisis, 7 and Advent Children - all of the splinter stuff and expansions of all the little plotlines just leads to more questions that they never directly answer or wrap up- and the main 3 are bad enough with that stuff...

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Watch the extended bluray edition and
press stop after Sepheroth stabs cloud 1000 times and he is bleeding to death and pretend that its the end, not the crap we got that "wraps up" the story

I am excited for this as imo 15 is not going to be my cup of tea... but I have a terribad feeling they are going to mess with the battle system as turn base "does not interest this generation of gamers, and just like the first 7 brought in a new generation, so will this remake!"

The story is not that bad if you keep to the "three" core stories of Before Crisis, 7 and Advent Children - all of the splinter stuff and expansions of all the little plotlines just leads to more questions that they never directly answer or wrap up- and the main 3 are bad enough with that stuff...
I'm with you. Since day 1 of AC I thought the original ending should have been Cloud being blown up by Lodz and Yazoo. It was the perfect ending. As long as Cloud lives, they can never fully get rid of Sephiroth. Even with Aeris magic water.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sorry to burst the nerd bubble, but Sora totally kills Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 2. Game over.

Fadaar

That guy
Wait what? Can someone explain all this shit to me? I only ever played FF7, never any of the spinoff games nor did I watch Advent Children.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, Sora wields the Key Blade that he got from Mickey Mouse. They were fighting in the Coliseum (from Hercules), and Sepheroth appeared as the boss of the one Cup. You had the option of killing him solo or with the help of Donald and Goofy.

Siliconemelons

I'm with you. Since day 1 of AC I thought the original ending should have been Cloud being blown up by Lodz and Yazoo. It was the perfect ending. As long as Cloud lives, they can never fully get rid of Sephiroth. Even with Aeris magic water.
The extended cut or bluray version of the final fight was actually BETTER and more bloody...again just press stop and enjoy in your mind the proper ending...
Another ending that would make even more sense with the story as you take into account crisis core **not before crisis sorry!** etc. is when cloud gets stabbed a billion times by sepheroth (who apparently cant hit his heart or head? wtf...) and Zack shows up and is like "need help?" Cloud should have said "...yes.." and essentially died there- had a little of the sky open up and rain on him- and Clouds image starts to blur with Zack in and out and Zack takes over and finishes the fight- and THAT would be cause for Sepheroth to be "confused" by the final attack that took him down moreso than "WHATT OMNISHLASH WITH A SWISS ARMY KNIFE!"

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
RE: The combat/ATB system - "And of course, that being said we want to clarify: We?re not going to be changing it into a shooter or something like that. We are going to be bringing dramatic changes, but we want to make sure it?s still recognizable."
Well on the bright side I guess I won't need to buy this any more. I disliked 12 and then further disliked 13, have no interest in 15 and now no interest in this.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If we're being completely honest, they pretty much have to revamp the combat. It does not hold up. 45 minute long unskippable Knights of the Round cutscenes aren't going to fly today.

I'm betting they go with something more action oriented but not quite FF13 or 15. Maybe something more like 12.

But at this point, who really knows? Speculation is meaningless.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If they fuck this up it will be glaringly obvious that they are completely incapable of making a good Final Fantasy game anymore.

You already have the story, music, characters and design in place. If all you fuck with is the gameplay and the game fails, then it's obvious where the blame lies.