Final Fantasy VII Remake

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Of all the sponsors to partner with, who associated final fantasy with butterfingers? Guess it beats putting cloud in Nike's, or replacing hi-potion with monster energy drinks, but still.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Of all the sponsors to partner with, who associated final fantasy with butterfingers? Guess it beats putting cloud in Nike's, or replacing hi-potion with monster energy drinks, but still.

From what I understand, and have understood... as FF games have always had "odd" ad partners in the USA and EU- is that the USA etc. teams are lead by people from Japan and they honestly do not get how 'Merica promo partnerships work...they think its like Japan and little candy things and other crap is hip and cool and the best.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
From what I understand, and have understood... as FF games have always had "odd" ad partners in the USA and EU- is that the USA etc. teams are lead by people from Japan and they honestly do not get how 'Merica promo partnerships work...they think its like Japan and little candy things and other crap is hip and cool and the best.
XV promotion was cup ramen, there was even a sidequest in the game with promotion for it, so no, it isn't a western market thing. They just kinda go wide with their promotional partners and don't care too much I guess instead of trying to just get Razer or Logitech or some gaming chair company stuff and what not. XIV had promotions with Dr Pepper and some japanese chain of fried chicken and so on.

Honestly kinda don't give a fuck as these items are almost always garbage/ruin the early game(which makes them garbage imo).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah no way the game is actually entertaining and showing promise. They're all paid off.

• 3Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah no way the game is actually entertaining and showing promise. They're all paid off.

Actually, these 3 hour previews are completely paid off. It's presser paid for material. (Not a review, not a non-sponsored preview) and you can tell this because all outlets are releasing the same "3 hour preview" all at the exact same day/time. Pretty easy to tell. (This is a marketing standard these days)

I just find it hilarious. Because when you read all of them, they all sound the same using different words. Reminds me of this:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've seen enough from people that have played the demo (either at E3 or at other shows) who have opinions I generally trust to believe that whatever they DO have is pretty great. Other guys like Max who have seen even more behind the scenes stuff seems to have nothing but effusive praise for it all. Obviously, he's a huge FF7 mark, but I also feel like he'd be on looking for stuff that if it wasn't passing the sniff test he'd be one to temper his expectations pretty quick.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thing I liked about the demo was that all the enemies felt different.

Security guards get the shit kicked out of them and die. Guard Dogs have a ton of HP so you want to dance around then to kill the guards first. Turrets are high up and need you to use magic/Barret, Sweepers are basically a miniboss. The floaty things are hard to target and the grunts are also hard to target and do a lot of damage, both encountered during the bomb timer.

The boss had a lot going on, was hard to figure out when to dodge but you can facetank it with potions. I expect there'll be a hard mode where you need to know WTF to do.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don’t know, it was fine. Battle system could be interesting as the party grows and new enemies turn up. Didn’t completely hate it. The biggest takeaway for me is that I didn’t get anything more out of playing the demo than watching the scene since the first time they showed it. Still firmly in a wait and see mode.

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Just finished the demo. I want victory music and animations after fights. I also wish the combat was more like dq11 on classic mode.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Played on ps pro. Muddy textures and poor dynamic resolution changes. Cloud sounds like a monotone phone in without ANY voice reflection in battles. HDR tripped on without any config options. This is definitely not running in 4K but if this even hits 1440p dynamic I wouldn’t be able to tell. I have seen textures better out of last gen. The hack where they called this demo coming months ago stated 1080p.

Combat. Joke. Button mashing in Normal mode flew through everyone except for using magic on one mini and lightning on another.

As of now everything about the leaks is correct. Now the only thing left is to see if they even have 14 hours of main chapter content here with a shit ton of filler.

59.99 for an upfront charge and releasing the next episodes in that price package? Sure thing. 59.99 x 3-4 for this underdeveloped shit? No fucking way. It’s painfully obvious this was scrapped and thrown together hap hazardous within 34 months since their 3rd party did fuck all with it for two years and SE is trying to recoup lost costs and fuck over consumers on nostalgia with a shit business model to boot while covering their asses with lack of anything but paid for three hour previews all saying the same thing.

Butterfingers is the key irony here. 239.98 slipping through your butterfingers if you actually buy into this fucking sham.

• 1Seriously?

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played on ps pro. Muddy textures and poor dynamic resolution changes. Cloud sounds like a monotone phone in without ANY voice reflection in battles. HDR tripped on without any config options. This is definitely not running in 4K but if this even hits 1440p dynamic I wouldn’t be able to tell. I have seen textures better out of last gen. The hack where they called this demo coming months ago stated 1080p.

Combat. Joke. Button mashing in Normal mode flew through everyone except for using magic on one mini and lightning on another.

As of now everything about the leaks is correct. Now the only thing left is to see if they even have 14 hours of main chapter content here with a shit ton of filler.

59.99 for an upfront charge and releasing the next episodes in that price package? Sure thing. 59.99 x 3-4 for this underdeveloped shit? No fucking way. It’s painfully obvious this was scrapped and thrown together hap hazardous within 34 months since their 3rd party did fuck all with it for two years and SE is trying to recoup lost costs and fuck over consumers on nostalgia with a shit business model to boot while covering their asses with lack of anything but paid for three hour previews all saying the same thing.

Butterfingers is the key irony here. 239.98 slipping through your butterfingers if you actually buy into this fucking sham.

Don't say things like this bro :(

This remake was supposed to be THE game!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just finished the demo. I want victory music and animations after fights. I also wish the combat was more like dq11 on classic mode.
I didnt realize how much i missed it until you said that. Victory music is a staple.

• 1Solidarity

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. But unreasonably rustled that classic mode is lumped into easy difficulty. Not that i was expecting them to anymore than half-ass that mode.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
I enjoyed the time in the demo, although it felt super short. The face and character visuals were great but the actual world itself was very hit and miss, scenic cinematic shots looked great but actually running through the world was kinda meh. Enemies looked lame. I didn't like the combat, I just couldn't figure out what I'm supposed to do at the mini boss mechanics wise, like dodging and blocking didn't really seem to do fuck all, and just zerged through with pots. I imagine in hard mode I'd have to figure something out or get super frustrated.

Definitely not buying at launch, it seems fine but I do get the feeling its gonna feel way too short and end way too early. I'll pick it up on PS5 when its $20.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
It's a solid choice to go the opposite way of Utnayan seeing as he has an absolutely shit taste in games and thinks that anyone who doesn't share an opinion with him is a paid shill.

Reminder that he spent 4 days solid trying to post gotcha evidence that I was actually a paid influencer here. He's a drunk liar (still no cheque faggot) with shit taste, disregard his opinion and move on.

• 2Salty
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't understand people who bitch about textures and resolution.

I watched TV in my bedroom in the early 90s on a shitty black and white TV and had to manually adjust the aerial to get rid of interference on the screen.

PlayStation 1 games were awesome in the late 90s but now the graphics are so dated that we need to remake all of those games.

Blizzard built a company around stylising graphics so games looked good with a low spec PC.

We have had 10/10 games with FAR worse graphics. The game looked good to me, I wasn't inspecting each texture one by one.

Two petty critisisms I do have are:

1) Someone pointed out that the lift in the PS1 version is really interesting and the lift in the PS4 version is generic. There is a risk that some locations are going to be losing their cyberpunk charm.

2) The music was toned down quite a bit, there were parts of the mako reactor theme I missed. The original has a choir, it's there in the new version but it's subtle, you can hardly hear it. It also has what sounds like bells tolling along with synthy machine/tech noises which is all orchestral now. Again, the game losing the charm that the low tech music chips at the time created.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Allow me to TLDR up to this point

Those who want it to suck hated the demo

Those who want it to be great liked the demo

Carry on.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 6 users