Final Fantasy VII Remake

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
At the end of today’s PlayStation State of Play, it was revealed a Final Fantasy VII Rebirth-focused State of Play will be taking place on Tuesday, Feb. 6 at 5:30pm CT.

Rebirth demo has been added to the PSN store, so a high probability it will be added during/after the Rebirth showcase.

You'll earn the kupo charm survival set from it.

Full game is supposed to be 145gb. I haven't really paid attention to it, does the PSN still require twice the space to download/install? I remember that being a thing with the PS4.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Demo is probably dropping tomorrow night (Tuesday) so clear your schedules. I'm definitely gonna be playing it.

Full game is supposed to be 145gb. I haven't really paid attention to it, does the PSN still require twice the space to download/install? I remember that being a thing with the PS4.

Not that I know of nope.

Fadaar

That guy
looking forward to this coming out so i can pick a streamer again, gives me something to watch for a week or so

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Think I will buy the twin pack. Theres no downside to that pack right? Same price but two games?

I got Intergrade on Epic Launcher but I think I rather have it on PS5. Kinda gave up on the first game when I reached Aerith in the church but planning on completing some day before I start Rebirth.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Think I will buy the twin pack. Theres no downside to that pack right? Same price but two games?

I got Intergrade on Epic Launcher but I think I rather have it on PS5. Kinda gave up on the first game when I reached Aerith in the church but planning on completing some day before I start Rebirth.
Unless you want the physical copy then just get the 2 pack since it will be the same price.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SeanDoe1z1

I have fond memories of the Tifa portion of that EGM picture, given that I was like 13 at the time.

And yep. I was coming off of Chrono Trigger where the bad guy joins you midway through to take on the bigger bad guy, so I expected that kind of thing.

I was under the impression that the Shinra Corp were the main antagonists of the game and Sephiroth was basically just one of their generals that you'd have to deal with at first but later ally with to take down Shinra, with the final boss being Rufus, most likely.

Also thought the entire game took place in Midgar. So I wasn't happy when we left it behind after like 6 hours. Nothing with this game went the way I expected, at all.

TBH I'd still kinda like to see that version of FF7 that existed in my head.

I was young enough to think the entire game was midgar, when it was insert disc 2 I was completely blown away. Also took me forever like 20 hours to get out…but I also loved grinding.

not a smart kid.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was young enough to think the entire game was midgar, when it was insert disc 2 I was completely blown away. Also took me forever like 20 hours to get out…but I also loved grinding.

not a smart kid.

I knew a kid in Jr High who grinded his way to Fire 3 / Bolt 3 / probably others, some during Midgar and most right outside of Midgar. Apparently it took days. No idea why he did this. Maybe he thought he had to defeat the Midgar Zolom to continue. Or maybe he was just totally making it up.

I remember kids at school being really into the Kalm Town flashback, talking about how cool Sephiroth was and how tough he'd be to beat. When I got the game, the "Seph walking through fire" background in the case behind Disc 3 got me so hyped. Still the most iconic shot of the game for me.

Anyone beat the demo yet?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Seems weird that they cut Rocket Town given that it's just one location at the end of the Nibel section and very important for Cid's development. But then they expanded on the optional Gongaga area

Also wondering if Mideel is cut, Temple of Ancients is on an island in the Junon area, that's more unstandable since it's an optional visit on Disc 1.

Last edited:

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_0217.jpeg

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Seems weird that they cut Rocket Town given that it's just one location at the end of the Nibel section and very important for Cid's development. But then they expanded on the optional Gongaga area

Also wondering if Mideel is cut, Temple of Ancients is on an island in the Junon area, that's more unstandable since it's an optional visit on Disc 1.

I don't think they've actually cut Rocket Town. I guess we'll see.

Demo was a lot of cool nostalgia, but it ended too soon (I wanted to see Sephiroth unmask Jenova). Looks like we're getting a second demo some time in the next couple weeks with open world gameplay so that should be pretty cool too.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
At least per what they show in the video the map in FF7R is vastly different than original FF7

1.png

vs

2.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The various chocobo colors and terrain blocks do not need to be preserved as those move into open world areas for each region. Thus I would never expect the coastlines and various islands to be 1:1 with that gating being removed from the world map.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Demo is meh. They need to recreate areas 1:1 and embellish, instead they are adding fucking vacuum cleaner minigames and leaving out details like gutting Shinra Manor.

The burning of the village is clunky as fuck, it's so slow that they ruined it imo.

• 1Like