Final Fantasy VII Remake

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Demo is meh. They need to recreate areas 1:1 and embellish, instead they are adding fucking vacuum cleaner minigames and leaving out details like gutting Shinra Manor.

The burning of the village is clunky as fuck, it's so slow that they ruined it imo.

Agreed, the slow crawling sections really sucked the air out of that part. The vacuum minigames were pretty bad too.

This game has so much stuff to get through that they do NOT need any padding.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_0222.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Sacrilege! If the bond system determines who dies in Rebirth (bet it does!) then im going to only nestle Tifa's knockers in the cold coffin i put her in before i shut the lid and run off with best waiju Aerith!

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
February 21 the demo is getting the content update as well as fixes to Performance mode, which could/should run at 1440/60fps afterwards

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
February 21 the demo is getting the content update as well as fixes to Performance mode, which could/should run at 1440/60fps afterwards

What does it run on now, 1080/60?

Had a really tough time deciding which mode to play the demo on and kept switching it. The high-res mode really does look nice, with better light effects in particular. However the choppiness forced me to switch to performance before too long.

Looking forward to PS6 hopefully being able to combine the two (high res + high FPS) so I stop having to choose.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Did anyone else have to jack up the brightness a lot? The default seemed wayyyyy to dark. Damn near felt like EQ at night.

Malakriss

What does it run on now, 1080/60?
Both run the intended resolutions right now in the demo (1440/60 and 2160/30) but there was some jank going on with the resolution pipeline in post processing, shadows, and softening that testers like Digital Foundry were pointing out. Should be noted that both modes are higher than 16's resolutions and much more stable at their intended frame rates. Graphics mode also increases the draw distance for NPCs and some other objects.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Looking forward to PS6 hopefully being able to combine the two (high res + high FPS) so I stop having to choose.

No idea how true it is, but the PS5 pro (rumored dates are between November to early next year) aims for 4k/60 and 8k/30. 8k features to fit with the new Sony TV lineup. Might also align with Sony saying that no first party PS games will release between now and April next year to tie in with a launch of a new PS5. Hold off on titles to actually have a game line up for it that it can take advantage of making people want to upgrade.

If I were Sony I'd go with a new Bluepoint remake for launch similar to Demon Souls for the PS5. Bloodborne remake 4k/60 PS 5 pro bundle would sell so well.

Have over 30 days of vacation time saved up this year, so took two for the 29th and 1st of march. I am very much looking forwards to Rebirth.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If I were Sony I'd go with a new Bluepoint remake for launch similar to Demon Souls for the PS5. Bloodborne remake 4k/60 PS 5 pro bundle would sell so well.

A PS5 Pro launching next winter with a Bloodborne remake would be an incredible Christmas present for all of us.

Mostly I'd just be thrilled to have 4k/60 and not have to make the choice in every game (usually end up flipping back and forth). Ray tracing and all that jazz really is impressive, but I end up losing it to get better framerate most of the time. Would love to have both of them. 8k/30 sounds pretty unnecessary, since I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between 4k and 8k unless you have a massive TV or are sitting super close to one. Doubt I'll ever adopt 8k myself, I think 4k is pretty much what I've always wanted for HD and don't need to go beyond that.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Gonna try to play Remake beforehand and have it flow right into Rebirth as if it's one big game, because I think that'd make it feel a lot more like FF7 rather than just picking up midway through the story.

Just need to figure out when to start the Remake playthrough so that it doesn't overlap with Rebirth and doesn't have a space between the two. As in finish it on the night of the 28th or morning of the 29th. If I'm playing it in the evenings, I think 3 days is probably enough but I can't really remember how long the game is if you don't do the side content. I know I speed-ran it in like 9 hours on my third playthrough but I was probably skipping a lot. Probably 25th-28th is a good timeframe.

Anyone else doing a pre-Rebirth replay?

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Gonna try to play Remake beforehand and have it flow right into Rebirth as if it's one big game, because I think that'd make it feel a lot more like FF7 rather than just picking up midway through the story.

Just need to figure out when to start the Remake playthrough so that it doesn't overlap with Rebirth and doesn't have a space between the two. As in finish it on the night of the 28th or morning of the 29th. If I'm playing it in the evenings, I think 3 days is probably enough but I can't really remember how long the game is if you don't do the side content. I know I speed-ran it in like 9 hours on my third playthrough but I was probably skipping a lot. Probably 25th-28th is a good timeframe.

Working through playthrough right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Never finished the PS5 version, have it saved at the Rufus fight (where I have done everything there is to do just in case there is some sort of save transfer of completion, people you talked to, did quests for, etc). Just did Intergrade for the first time. Was thinking of finishing it on the 28th, where the "unknown journey will continue" into the demo, do that and then start the full game that night. I assume the game will launch at midnight to the 29th which most PS games do. Might change depending on how long part 2 of the demo is. Know the first part is only an hour or two, but if part 2 is long I might do it earlier. I want all of it completed since you get items for doing it.

EDIT: Before info about the demo patch went out, Max went crazy trying to get the best image quality using a chain of three upscalers. Didn't even know there were that many upscalers available. Seemed to work though.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

Yep, and I'll probably finish it this 3 day weekend. Got new PC parts coming in now that will tide me over until Rebirth releases.

Merrith

Yeah I'm going to try to do a playthrough (at least partial one) for Remake and Intergrade prior to release. If nothing else just to reacquaint with the combat more than anything.

• 1Moron

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna play demo part 2 on the 21st and then run Remake on the 25th - 28th. If I don't get to the end in time I'll just jump forward.

Rude

Potato del Grande
I'm gonna play demo part 2 on the 21st and then run Remake on the 25th - 28th. If I don't get to the end in time I'll just jump forward.
You're better off beating on your ballsack with a hammer than playing the remake. Youtube non filler events so you're not burned out before you start your CE pre-order of rebirth.

• 1Picard