Final Fantasy VII Remake

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This game is amazing. 9.9/10 and should easily be GOTY.

So far only 2 very small things have slightly annoyed me

a) I kinda liked the old weapon upgrade system better

and b) it took me a minute to figure out how to change party members because apparently for some dumb ass reason you can't adjust your party through the...party option in menu screen like wtf lol

other than that, no complaints really

Same here, agreed on both of those.

Just wiped for the first time all game, against almost-unnerfed (one stone found) Kjata. Got it to about 60% HP. I really like these tough optional summon fights.

Question about Crisis Core: Did Aerith know Zack died? I.e. does she know in FF7 that he's gone, or is it one of those "he just disappeared one day" things?

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Where does that happen? Costa? I thought I did everything there.
Doing the Costa fashion sidequest will unlock the gym sidequest for the sit-up challenges. You can use the Costa changing room options and maintain them for the starting region outside of town, including for that mini game.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Doing the Costa fashion sidequest will unlock the gym sidequest for the sit-up challenges. You can use the Costa changing room options and maintain them for the starting region outside of town, including for that mini game.

So you can take the beach outfits right outside of Costa? What about the Corel region in general? I wish you could just keep them on indefinitely for the rest of the game, Tifa's shorts/tied shirt combo is hot AF.

I'm starting to think the dungeons are easily the weakest point of this game. Every time a dungeon comes up now I groan a bit. Corel Mountains was one of my favorite places in the OG game, but in this one it's an insanely long and annoying dungeon. They didn't capture the mood at all either, it looks like every other too-bright rubble-filled locale.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What's the big deal with this? Graphics kind of suck.

1709489810614.png

Play on graphics mode instead of performance, the visuals are actually way nicer. Higher res, better light effects. Enough to justify losing the FPS, which I don't say very lightly.

Merrith

This game is amazing. 9.9/10 and should easily be GOTY.

So far only 2 very small things have slightly annoyed me

a) I kinda liked the old weapon upgrade system better

and b) it took me a minute to figure out how to change party members because apparently for some dumb ass reason you can't adjust your party through the...party option in menu screen like wtf lol

seems I ain't the only one and ya the upgrade weapons screen is completely fucking useless but these are all really minor things that can be easily fixed

other than that, no complaints really

Honestly prefer the streamlined weapons upgrade system. The old giant star like "cores" screen was clunky as fuck to move around in, and the new one basically gives you all the info you need on what your weapon will gain at next weapon level much more quickly. You also don't have to spend anything to unlock more materia slots or extra active weapon skills you can put on the weapon, you just gain those news lots (or linked materia) automatically as it levels up.

Agree the party member change thing is kind of counterintuitive, though.

Siliconemelons

Same here, agreed on both of those.

Question about Crisis Core: Did Aerith know Zack died? I.e. does she know in FF7 that he's gone, or is it one of those "he just disappeared one day" things?

unless they changed things in the first game..

FF:CrisisCore ends essentially at the start of FF7

Zack and Cloud flee from the Mansion, Cloud is high AF. They take the truck to Midgar. Zack sees the ambush by shinra soldiers, hides Cloud - goes on to take the ambush- kills an ungodly amount of them but because he was weakened by not completing or because of the experiments he is finally overtaken and killed.

Cloud kinda wakes up, warbles over and finds the buster sword and a gigantic pile of dead shinra soldiers, takes the sword and wonders into Midgar. He does not have clear memories other than he must have been a soldier - but something happened - gets recruited by Barret and co- train scene intro to FF7

so there is not much time for her imo to find out, other than cloud has his sword

Merrith

I should say, the only thing I'd change about the upgrade weapons screen is showing how many unspent Skill Points you have there. Since the Folios and Weapon levels essentially share that stat, I get why it's included, but for the weapon levels only the totals should be included (how man you currently have, and at what number for the next level up is). Showing your guy has 5 or 10 or however many unspent Skill Points from their Folios does nothing as far as weapon upgrades go, you don't spend anything there, it's just a running total to hit certain level up breakpoints.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My daughter is loving rebirth. She's in the middle of the military parade type mission. I keep hearing the trumpets playing when she makes a mistake.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Would I be correct in assuming that when Chapter 8 rolls around you are only able to beat 11/12 Queen's Blood opponents and thus cannot unlock the other half of the challenges and have to return at a later time?

I did manage to beat the Level 39 and 40 combat sim at level 31 cause they let you attempt it and it is doable with good combat tactics.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Would I be correct in assuming that when Chapter 8 rolls around you are only able to beat 11/12 Queen's Blood opponents and thus cannot unlock the other half of the challenges and have to return at a later time?

I did manage to beat the Level 39 and 40 combat sim at level 31 cause they let you attempt it and it is doable with good combat tactics.
My daughter is currently doing a card game against someone. Not sure who, but she's been trying a lot and keeps loosing. For some reason Queen's Blood is a name that's popping into my head, but I haven't played the game.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They did a fucking good job on the Corel area.

Every single screen from the OG is present and part of an expansive dungeon section.

I found myself wondering that they would have to cut something, but there's the river blocking progress to the desert, theres the moutain trial, theres reactor, theres the drawbridge, theres the roller coaster mine tracks, theres the rope bridge, theres the town, theres the airbus thing...

Also Yuffie is OP as fuck, liked that they focus on her in this area to integrate her into the party.

The prison is great too, even the annoying guy who follows you around is there... they didn't forget a thing.

It's much better quality than the first game that missed things like the battery minigame and the airduct minigame.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
unless they changed things in the first game..

FF:CrisisCore ends essentially at the start of FF7

Zack and Cloud flee from the Mansion, Cloud is high AF. They take the truck to Midgar. Zack sees the ambush by shinra soldiers, hides Cloud - goes on to take the ambush- kills an ungodly amount of them but because he was weakened by not completing or because of the experiments he is finally overtaken and killed.

Cloud kinda wakes up, warbles over and finds the buster sword and a gigantic pile of dead shinra soldiers, takes the sword and wonders into Midgar. He does not have clear memories other than he must have been a soldier - but something happened - gets recruited by Barret and co- train scene intro to FF7

so there is not much time for her imo to find out, other than cloud has his sword

Weird thing is how Cloud is suddenly such a great fighter right at the start of FF7. Barret and Co remark on how much more powerful he is than them, and let him do all the fighting.

Considering he's actually just a Shinra security guard, how he got so powerful suddenly is mystifying. Unless it's one of those things like where a kid hits their head and suddenly is a piano savant. Cloud wakes up from a coma and suddenly fights like Zack, who was ostensibly way more powerful than Cloud was.

In other news I had no time to play yesterday or today, so people are probably gonna pass me up. Who's reached area 4? Just a wild guess but I bet there will be six total. Wondering who the last couple summons are gonna be. Probably Odin and Bahamut. I think they're saving Neo Bahamut for part 3 (along with Typoon, Hades, Bahamut Zero, KOTR).

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Considering he's actually just a Shinra security guard, how he got so powerful suddenly is mystifying. Unless it's one of those things like where a kid hits their head and suddenly is a piano savant. Cloud wakes up from a coma and suddenly fights like Zack, who was ostensibly way more powerful than Cloud was...

Isn't the whole point of SOLDIER just that being pumped full of mako will make anyone powerful if they can withstand it? Cloud recovered after being pumped full of super serum. He had first person experience watching Sephiroth and Zack fight yet at the beginning of FF7 the best he can do is cast a Lightning materia and use Braver.

How long of a time frame between Zack and Cloud returning to Midgar, and Cloud first starting to work for Avalanche?

Just double-checked the timeline. I guess Zack and Cloud were being experimented on for five years, and there were two months in-between Zack's death and Tifa finding Cloud at the train station. Who knows what Hojo did during that time, maybe Cloud learned Kung-fu too.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Weird thing is how Cloud is suddenly such a great fighter right at the start of FF7. Barret and Co remark on how much more powerful he is than them, and let him do all the fighting.

Considering he's actually just a Shinra security guard, how he got so powerful suddenly is mystifying. Unless it's one of those things like where a kid hits their head and suddenly is a piano savant. Cloud wakes up from a coma and suddenly fights like Zack, who was ostensibly way more powerful than Cloud was.
I'm just about to cross into area 4 (Gongaga Area), just got the buggy! Crazy how much stuff happens in the Corel Area so expecting to progress the next few areas quite quickly. In theory they'll have one "dungeon" and town each, while Corel has multiple of each.

Cloud has the mako juice at the start of FF7 so is innately more powerful than everyone else, he's also the only one who brings materia to the bombing run. However he's low level which is kind of a clue that he can't be a 1st Class Soldier.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

In other news I had no time to play yesterday or today, so people are probably gonna pass me up. Who's reached area 4? Just a wild guess but I bet there will be six total. Wondering who the last couple summons are gonna be. Probably Odin and Bahamut. I think they're saving Neo Bahamut for part 3 (along with Typoon, Hades, Bahamut Zero, KOTR).
Cloud was on Meth. It makes you think you're 10ft tall and bulletproof.

Merrith

One theory too is the jenova cells that they are injected with can allow one to instantly take on the skills/abilities/memories even of someone else. This is a big theory for the greater changes in the Remake trilogy as well, though, so we'll see how far they take it

Fadaar

That guy

im curious to see how ridiculous KOTR is

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
One theory too is the jenova cells that they are injected with can allow one to instantly take on the skills/abilities/memories even of someone else. This is a big theory for the greater changes in the Remake trilogy as well, though, so we'll see how far they take it
Ya I always assumed he was made with the same stuff as Sephiroth just to a lesser extent, which explains his connection to him and why he's quite powerful.