Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
NA datacenter connections have gone down / DDoSed / crashed etc a couple times this evening. The queues are everyone relogging back in.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I DC'd twice during an instance run this morning too. Was me and a couple others in the group.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, both queues for Cactuar and Lev when I went to get on were 500+ and so far I'd yet to see a queue greater than 50ish when logging in.

Cybsled

SE takes action against RMT today

DDOS today

Fucking salty ass bitches

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Am i able to get that lvl 50(?) BLM set if i boosted one to 70? i love that armor and i wanna glamour it lol
think its the wizard or sorceror set?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Killed Titania Ex among an audience of a bunch of people

But one moment stood out

I clicked the WRONG setting in SLOBS

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Am i able to get that lvl 50(?) BLM set if i boosted one to 70? i love that armor and i wanna glamour it lol
think its the wizard or sorceror set?

Yes, you will get the quest flagged with the jump potion. You can buy the armor for a small amount of gil from the calamity salvager npc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sweet got it, ty :)

also this last dungeon is some wild ass visuals, so good
Yeah it's pretty interesting how all their dungeons are dumb ass corridors the entire way(other than original ARR dungeons), yet they somehow make them feel great. Like the maps of the dungeons look like the most boring shit and yet most of them have really cool stuff going on, with the slides, jumps, stuff that transforms, very open areas and whatever else, so it doesn't feel stale to run a new dungeon, even though it'll technically be always the exact same thing(2 packs / wall / 2packs / boss, repeat twice, follow the path).

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Just discovered the wonderful world of Aethersand reduction the other day.

Made 3 million Gill while working and just Alt tabbing when an ephemeral node spawned

• 1Like

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
for fun, a PATCH PREDICTION:

- Freebies:
Savage added
New map dungeon added (akin to lost canals). It will drop at least one new minion
New weekly tomestones added that reward i460 gear, later upgradeable to i470
New crafted i450 pentameldable items added
New food added, but it won't for sure be better than the food we have depending on stats it gives

- A lot of this stuff is relative - there's a few big points that I think they'll address:
Blm is significantly higher raid dps than the other two selfish dps classes (mch/sam), this gap will be made narrower but likely not closed as Yoshi P previously mentioned wanting to reward Blm for not having to move
Mnk & Drg are MUCH higher raid dps than everything else right now, this gap will be closed somehow
Nin is significantly lower raid dps than the rest of the melee right now, this gap will be closed somehow
Smn is significantly better than rdm (can res similar amounts but much higher raid dps, rdm gets manascrewed badly now), this gap will be closed somehow
Brd is higher raid dps than dnc, this gap will be closed somehow
Gnb is somewhat higher raid dps than pld/drk/war (especially drk/war), they'll probably make some small adjustments here
Whm is significantly higher raid dps than ast, and somewhat higher raid dps than sch, this gap will be closed somehow

- If I had to guess specifics I'd go with:
Mnk: Large nerf
Drg: Large nerf
Nin: Small buff
Sam: Roughly stay the same

Mch: Roughly stay the same
Brd: Roughly stay the same
Dnc: Small buff

Smn: Roughly stay the same or small nerf
Rdm: Buffed significantly, either on mana/res's, or damage, or both
Blm: Small nerf

Gnb: Small nerf or roughly stay the same
Pld: Roughly stay the same
War: Small buff
Drk: Small buff

Whm: Small nerf
Scholar: Roughly stay the same
Ast: Large buff

- Wilder stuff/more specific suggestions, some qol:
Drg/Mnk: Base combo potency nerfs
Dnc: 1/2 combo potency buff
Blm: Fire potency nerf
War/Drk: Base 123 combo potency buff
Nin: Will have to press fewer buttons (perhaps some mudra changes?)
Whm: Glare potency nerf
Ast: Divination cooldown will get shorter

edit re: queries - when I say "better" I mean "more raid dps", usually. Same idea with "higher dps" = "higher raid dps". Edited post to reflect this

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Brd is significantly better than dnc, this gap will be closed somehow

Don't understand this, Brd isn't at all the same "support" class it used to be, it should be doing more damage than dnc given the group support dnc brings that brd does not

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Tues Thurs 9-12 est, primal data center

I am leading it, like a retard that has no idea what's going on
If I ever catch up to you guys in ShB, I will join up with yall (assuming you need a melee dps at that time). God only knows how long it will be until I get there lol.

Speaking of which, my FC imploded the other day. I logged in, and there was no FC anymore. I was like WTF lol. I tracked down the leader, and asked what had happened, and he said that there was a lot of drama in the FC the past week, and that he decided he didn't want to deal with it anymore, so he got rid of the FC.

The funny thing is that I had no idea there was any drama because I never read chat. I just logged in, and did my own thing. The most I ever did in FC chat was say hello once in a while lol.

The only reason I got in to that FC in the first place was because I had no clue what I was doing in FC and needed someone to answer my questions, and they had the bonus experience buffs going at all times. The leader did a fair job of answering most of my questions early on, so I was happy with it. Beyond that, I didn't do jack with the FC, so it was like oh well when they collapsed.

If anybody wants a slacker in their FC that literally like never talks in chat and never does anything with the guild (FC) other than say hello when I login AND you are in the Primal data center, hit me up.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Don't understand this, Brd isn't at all the same "support" class it used to be, it should be doing more damage than dnc given the group support dnc brings that brd does not

All the support classes have an interrupt and a 10% less damage cooldown as base.

Machinists don't have anything else support wise so they should do the most damage.

Bards get songs that increase healing and DH and should do the middle amount of damage.

Dancers have the most buffs between defilement,standard and technical finish and should do the least amount of damage.

Problem now is dancers do too little damage and our rdps doesn't make up for that. If dancers get a small potency buff then bards should probably also get a small bump to keep them over dancers.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I joined Master Edos FC and it's pretty quiet, but the exp buffs are always rolling.

You can also join our crossworld LS if you just want to chat (or not)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
All the support classes have an interrupt and a 10% less damage cooldown as base.

Machinists don't have anything else support wise so they should do the most damage.

Bards get songs that increase healing and DH and should do the middle amount of damage.

Dancers have the most buffs between defilement,standard and technical finish and should do the least amount of damage.

Problem now is dancers do too little damage and our rdps doesn't make up for that. If dancers get a small potency buff then bards should probably also get a small bump to keep them over dancers.
BRDs are already far enough ahead of DNC in personnal, a bump to DNC personnal wouldn't require any other change. When factoring Rdps, the classes are fairly close(DNC is 1300-1500DPS rDPS on top of their own). Even the other classes are kinda close, including Ninja(although it requires way too much effort to optimize). That does put selfish classes like MCH and SAM in a really bad spot though since they're all fairly close to DRG/MNK, and while MCH at least has its own advantages(ranged, no cast times, very high on demand burst by stacking heat windows even outside of wildfire) but SAM kinda sucks atm when you can get a MNK doing roughly the same dmg but with Mantra and Brotherhood, and DRG doing slightly less but with much better buffs.

If I had to guess:

Tanks: WAR and DRK slight damage buffs. Dark Mind mitigate 5% phys or boosted somehow, maybe finally Living Dead QoL buffs like only need to heal 50% or increased healing received.

Healers: AST medium/large personnal dmg buffs, WHM slight personnal dmg nerfs, SCH maybe getting a random oGCD to weave to appease the masses but unlikely to be tied to Aetherflow, not ED cause SMN have that, damage values lowered slightly to accomodate(or the damage buff will put them in the new projected values of the other 2 healer changes so no need for nerfs)

Melee DPS: Ninja bit of personnal DPS up, maybe some QoL changes(Bunshin to 2mins instead of weird cooldown), SAM relatively large personnal DPS boost(like 1k) via either new trait buff(the jinpu shinten one) or just potency on midare or whatever, DRG medium nerfs, probably jump potency or something like that.

Ranged DPS: DNC slight personnal buffs, bit of potency here and there or preferably tweaks on the % proc of Esprit(which should be displayed in tooltips), MCH small damage buffs(500ish).

Casters: RDM mp cost reduction(they're mp negative even with lucid spam, which is terrible design since them dying can lead to them actually not being able to play the rest of the fight), Reprise buffs, slight potency buff somewhere to even out SMN playfield, SMN honestly no idea their rotation is some huge fuckery and would need a pretty indepth rework to unfuck. Maybe both should get potency buffs though, the rez penalty is pretty hard atm and with mp management the way it is, it's not like they can chain rez like they could in some groups in SB with Refresh.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Agree on everything above .

RDM needs a serious Mana buff they should make Reprise an OGCD that does damage but gives real mana back.

I do wish they would give each healers a third offensive ability just so they are a tad more complex but with out savage being out we won't know for sure.

Astro needs a huge buff IMO, They should do what they did for dancers and have you pick a target pre combat for each of your cards and when you draw and play them they automatically get it. Would make everything seem smoother.