Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

khorum

Murder Apologist
If you've uploaded any fights take a look at the difference between skill breakdowns between you and above-average dps folks in you class. You'll see they'll have much higher uses of certain skills in the same 8-10 mins than others etc.

Often you'll find people with insane parses are able to squeeze out more uses of particular skills than you and you can revise your rotation to optimize in that direction.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Also watch out for trap parses. I got my friend to 99th percentile gunbreaker by dancing her and having a dragoon tether her.

Something you'd never do in a real kill other than to pad your numbers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
VI materia was handed out like candy during Stormblood, the fact that it's a guaranteed salvage while having 67% of the max is something that you shouldn't pass up. People literally have thousands of materia / clusters / eureka lockboxes stored up.

I came in late to Eureka and i'm saving all my lockboxes in case they add something to them with the relic step nerfs (like moving the emotes to them) but i will easily get another 1000 materia which i will likely mutamix for craft/gather shit anyways.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If anybody wants a slacker in their FC that literally like never talks in chat and never does anything with the guild (FC) other than say hello when I login AND you are in the Primal data center, hit me up.

^^ that, except I'm on Jenova/Aether.

Also, I'm afk a shit ton cause I "play" during the day while working sometimes.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
VI materia was handed out like candy during Stormblood, the fact that it's a guaranteed salvage while having 67% of the max is something that you shouldn't pass up. People literally have thousands of materia / clusters / eureka lockboxes stored up.

I came in late to Eureka and i'm saving all my lockboxes in case they add something to them with the relic step nerfs (like moving the emotes to them) but i will easily get another 1000 materia which i will likely mutamix for craft/gather shit anyways.

Your not the only one that did this, my retainer is pretty much full on clusters/lockboxes, just waiting too hear what there doing with the next set of salvage.

Merrith

Are doing exactly what they should be doing?

When it's a massive train and the group is 5 dps and 3 WHM and it's a struggle somehow to get full credit on A ranks? No, putting out 4k dps and 4k hps isn't doing what they're supposed to be doing. They'd be doing more as a mediocre normal dps if that's how they're going to play their class.

Malakriss

If you're going to go healer for a hunt you better be pulling more aggro than the RDM, cause at least the red mage can rezz the tards more efficiently too.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like the DPS players aren't stepping up to the plate and are blaming other people for their mediocrity.

So what should a white mage be doing on a hunt? Sitting there not casting anything?

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I guess if it's contested enough yeah, haven't really hunted in ShB so can't tell how it goes. Best to do hunts with though is tank, just put on the tank stance like after 1st GCD and get that threat up baby.

Sounds like the DPS players aren't stepping up to the plate and are blaming other people for their mediocrity.

So what should a white mage be doing on a hunt? Sitting there not casting anything?
Credit is threat based. Spamming Medica(after tagging the mob with Dia) is going to be your best bet. Only needed if there's a shitton of ppl though. Cure III would be better in theory but ppl aren't stacked enough for it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

The healers should literally be healing. OMG how revolunationary. Instead of being worth half a DPS and a wasted group slot maybe they should use that mana bar and heal 8 people for massive aggro credit.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

What should a WHM be doing at an A rank hunt? What should a healing class do at a hunt? What should a healing class do at an A rank train where the mob dies in 20 sec or less and the goal is to get 100% reward credit?

Medica. Lots of Medica.

Edit: Fyff, I do 10k dps on my BRD. The point is as a WHM I can do FAR more threat for hunt credit than I can as a dps. WHM's out there pretending their damage means dick on those type of hunts is just stupid.

Merrith

I guess if it's contested enough yeah, haven't really hunted in ShB so can't tell how it goes. Best to do hunts with though is tank, just put on the tank stance like after 1st GCD and get that threat up baby.

Credit is threat based. Spamming Medica(after tagging the mob with Dia) is going to be your best bet. Only needed if there's a shitton of ppl though. Cure III would be better in theory but ppl aren't stacked enough for it.

I'm guessing Fyff's server/datacenter doesn't do the hunt trains like Gilg's does.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm guessing Fyff's server/datacenter doesn't do the hunt trains like Gilg's does.
Yeah possible, on Chaos it's that shit too I just haven't bothered cause I really don't give a fuck about the seals. But I've seen the guy who does all the hunts in my FC call the various server trains in rotation.

Merrith

Yeah possible, on Chaos it's that shit too I just haven't bothered cause I really don't give a fuck about the seals. But I've seen the guy who does all the hunts in my FC call the various server trains in rotation.

I just do them b/c seals/poetics/etc is easiest way to gear, raise desynth, unlimited port tickets and ventures...it just makes everything easier.

Malakriss

When you join a hunt party you can at least see if the tanks aren't retarded via tank stance in the party window. But when you join a group with 3 healers it SHOULD be no problem but when you end up with 60% it's because they were all idiots casting glare. Sadly, there's no icon indicator for retarded healers.

3 healers and 5 afk bodies would get full credit. 3 retards and 5 max DPS only getting 60% is not the DPS' fault they at least killed the damn thing in a timely manner while the healers acted like LFR WoWers. Put the paint chips down and hit your heal buttons.

• 1Solidarity

Malkav

French Madman
I like the new DRK.
Old DRK main are just fucking drama queens crying about everything right now.

The Blackest Night has to be the most satisfying and better of the short tank CDs for dealing with tankbusters.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have never had an issue getting full credit while dpsing. My only characters at 80 are the three healers. Nut Sacks are honestly kind of useless so I don't really do hunts but respond when someone in the FC asks for help.