Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I've been enjoying it pretty much overall, getting halfway through 52 now with lots of MSQ and a few Dungeons thrown in. But, it is already feeling a bit like a slog when I look towards how long it'll take to hit 70 for the current stuff, and how incredibly dull the DRK combat is. Are there things/achievements I can work towards during these levels to break up the monotony? Maybe some cool weapons/armor (even if the iLvl sucks, just for cosmetics), or mounts, or grinding faction, or materials/currency that will be useful later on...pretty much anything outside of MSQ MSQ MSQ?

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
e4s supposedly cleared by Entropy. GAME'S OVER, SEE YOU FOR FIVE MINUTES IN THREE MONTHS. (<= half of Reddit)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sorry, I always just called her Rowena haha. But yah you'll find the paired vendors in Don Megh for lvl 50 stuff. Idyllshire for 60 and Rhalgar's reach for 70.

edit: Just getting in to crafting for the first time. Its kind of neat but kind of overwhelming since I'm omnicrafting them all up at once. I've seen various ways of going about it. Seems people think its best to do all to 15 but then it differs with one group saying get WVR to fifty next for Careful Synthesis 2 and the other group saying just level them all in blocks together so 15-30 all then 30-50 all etc. Anybody know which one is better or rather faster? I'll be gathering mats myself so its more a cross time investment then a gil investment.
Kinda all the same. The advantage of leveling everything in parallel is you can throw away your gear when you outlvl it(and by that I mean convert it to materias, even low lvl ones are worth something for crafting), and keep your inventory cleaner this way. Also past 50, a lot of crafts use materials from a variety of other crafts(also in ARR, but less prevalent then), so having all your shit grouped is nice, but you could rush one to 50, then another to 50 and so on, that works too. Definitely get everything to 15 first for cross class skills though, getting to 15 only takes a few minutes anyway, you can buy all the mats from the guild vendor and just craft random shit a little bit, it's simple enough.

I would also personally advise against gathering stuff yourself and just buying stuff, then selling other stuff to make money. That'll be a lot faster. If your gatherers are already leveled up it can be ok though cause you can use the big skills to gather like 50items every few minutes using cordials and the skills, but if you're leveling them, it's super inefficient to just gather materials past lvl 25-30(if you do definitely get GC manuals though for increased xp). They won't keep up, and then you'll have to burn leves on them to catch up, but that's leves you could use for crafting. It's better once you get to 51+ and can do collectables.

Also if not in a hurry, you can use the beast tribes, they're excelent for lvling crafting(and gathering in SB). Ixal can be a bit shit like many ARR things but Moogle and Namazu are great daillies.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Been so long since I have had a chance to go in blind to savage fights. First one was a blast to figure out. Especially the melee uptime strats.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well took me about 2 hours but I managed to buy all the Master 7 books.

Crafting just got hard after having it easy so far, expensive too. Mats aren't cheap. Going to wait tomorrow to see what I'm going to do. :)

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
So they are the Method of FFXIV?

No FF14 static or FC is really on the scale of Method, Method is a professional organization. Entropy use to be called Angered. I would guess that the NA ddos attacks had some effect on the races today. Here is the current tally for world firsts.

Elysium(NA): 14 world firsts, most notable A4s

Angered/Entropy(EU): 10 world firsts, most notable UwU (UwU, o11s/o12s, and E4s latest three raids)

Lucrezia(JP): 7 world firsts, disbanded but partially reformed to claim world first UcoB.

Cybsled

I got fucked on maps tonight. Gambled a chest that got 3 indigo cloths, lost roll to someone else in group. We had like 4 lumber, 3 leather, and 8 indigo cloth drop and I got squat lol. I got us to the final floor on one of my maps.

Got some of those alchemy things used in the 450 weapons, though. They're selling for 500k-1M at the moment at least.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just sold my maps, I hate running them takes way too long. I had 6 in the mail and 5 on me, they all sold for 300k once prime time came, the prices had slowly been raising all day but seems to have more or less topped off at 300k. Also sold 2000goetia worth of mats for like 6 or 7m, because people are kinda retarded I think. Haven't sold the stupid leather top I crafted though it's down to like 10m now and I'll probably wake up to a bunch of undercuts. 3 sold during the night but I missed my undercuts on all 3 which sucked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This 2 star crafting tier was pretty much a joke. Killed some profit opportunities, especially with all the bots on Greg (Gilg). Still cleared 50 mil from just today, with more stuff up to sell.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also sold 2000goetia worth of mats for like 6 or 7m, because people are kinda retarded I think.

Agree with you there, I think I made close to 10 million gil today in the first few hours of the server coming up from Goetia mats and materia sales (which jacked back up exponentially).

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
You use the poetics to buy currency that is turned in to the person with the weapons. For your weapon it would be ten of rowena's scriptures and one tomestone or something like that. Just double check with the weapon vendor on the exact items. Go to Rowena and select The "Other" catagory. There will be the items you need to buy. Grab those and go back to the weapon vender and trade them for the weapon. You do the same thing at 60 and 70. Just different locations. You can also buy the items from Rowena that augment the weapons/armor you buy there ten ilevels.
lol I had been wondering why I didn't see a weapon to purchase with poetics when I bought my level 50 gear. Thanks!

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Kinda all the same. The advantage of leveling everything in parallel is you can throw away your gear when you outlvl it(and by that I mean convert it to materias, even low lvl ones are worth something for crafting), and keep your inventory cleaner this way. Also past 50, a lot of crafts use materials from a variety of other crafts(also in ARR, but less prevalent then), so having all your shit grouped is nice, but you could rush one to 50, then another to 50 and so on, that works too. Definitely get everything to 15 first for cross class skills though, getting to 15 only takes a few minutes anyway, you can buy all the mats from the guild vendor and just craft random shit a little bit, it's simple enough.

I would also personally advise against gathering stuff yourself and just buying stuff, then selling other stuff to make money. That'll be a lot faster. If your gatherers are already leveled up it can be ok though cause you can use the big skills to gather like 50items every few minutes using cordials and the skills, but if you're leveling them, it's super inefficient to just gather materials past lvl 25-30(if you do definitely get GC manuals though for increased xp). They won't keep up, and then you'll have to burn leves on them to catch up, but that's leves you could use for crafting. It's better once you get to 51+ and can do collectables.

Also if not in a hurry, you can use the beast tribes, they're excelent for lvling crafting(and gathering in SB). Ixal can be a bit shit like many ARR things but Moogle and Namazu are great daillies.
When I started crafting, I basically got all crafting/harvesting, and spent a weekend getting them all to 20. That was with me doing all the gathering for the materials to use for the crafting. I chose to do that for two reasons; money and enjoyment. As a new player to the game, I just didn't have the gil to spend on buying the materials typically. As for enjoyment, I absolutely love harvesting. I find it highly relaxing to go spend an hour or so harvesting.

Currently, 40 Miner, 40 Botanist, 27 Fisher, 36 Goldsmith, 28 Carpenter, 31 Blacksmith, 21 Armorer, 25 Leatherworker, 23 Weaver, 35 Alchemist, and 30 Culinarian. I really enjoy the harvesting/crafting in this game as you can tell lol