Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TBN is fine until you compare it with like, Heart of Stone which is a flat 15% damage reduction, that costs absolutely NOTHING, and has a 15 second CD. Or Raw Intuition which is a 20% flat damage reduction that also costs absolutely NOTHING, and only has like a 20 second CD.

TBH works just fine right now, it's just lagging behind in comparison with the other tanks short defensive CDs.

And don't get me started on how shit Living Dead is. :p

Malkav

French Madman
You smoking if you don't think TBN is the greatest tankbuster mitigation tool of the bunch.

Heart of Stones and Raw Intuition are 25sec CDs and they don't mitigate as much damage as TBN.

But Living Dead is dogshit yeah.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Meh, I just don't like that it has to cost something when other jobs get it for free. The gimmick of free Dart Arts proc just doesn't make up enough for it. Let's also include that it's raid utility in comparison to what Heart of Stone and Inituition (or I should say it's trade off Nascent Flash) give when cast on another target is selfish. :p

When you're trying to max that dps as DRK you have to monitor that MP and watch those Edge/Flood uses to make sure you leave yourself some change to cast a TBN when the time comes - other tank jobs don't have to juggle that, so I feel like it having a casting cost is completely unnecessary.

Dark Mind is another piece of shit cooldown that needs to be changed.

Malkav

French Madman
Mana management is the whole DRK shtick though. They could use a few tweaks in the regen department though (up mana regen on Carve and Split and on the Delirium window for example).

Keeping 3k mana for a TBN is not that hard, and you can bank your Dark Arts for the next buff window when it pops.
On a tank with 125k HP, TBN mitigates 31250 damage. A GNB would have to take 200k damage in 7sec to mitigate has much.

Furthermore, TBN will always scale with gear, so it's only going to get better.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like they salvaged AST and Scholars should be competitive with WHM for RDPS now. No tank changes which is nice if you don't play DRK.
What? They changed the potency of one spell for scholar which isn't used in Eden or any of the trials.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Crafting quality higher than expected, but macros are already coming out to 90-100% HQ things with only food, Reuse possible with food+tea on final products.

Screenshot_331.png

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Well they made it more difficult getting loot in savage raid now especially in party finder.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Those MNK changes are surprising, so much QoL. I mean I don't even know how you drop GL stacks now, besides when synced down. Even synced down in HW it's easy to sustain, you just form shift and you can keep GL3 between trash packs and stuff(which is great with shit tanks, even at max lvl). You get an additional 30 SECONDS true north if you can proc it by taking dmg, on a 1minute cd, Mantra can finally hit motherfuckers standing a bit further than arm's length and Riddle of Fire finally won't feel like shit to use. Then random "this should have been added in HW" meditation change where you fill chakras to full when ooc, instead of having to press it 5 fucking times, then form shift 3 times.

SCH changes are weird, I didn't expect getting Energy Drain in the same state at all. Mostly, I didn't expect the mp regen on it. I think the aetherflow consumption was debatable, it''s a good way to dump but I could've seen it as just a cd, but making it still heal and regen mp seems kinda weird to me. Not gonna complain I guess it's nice but mp management is going to be even easier.

AST buffs look nice enough. Reducing the cd and increasing the buff of the big card thing is going to help quite a bit with raid dps and sleeve draw was changed to its QoL version that was suggested by people, you just chain press Play to get all the cards off, a lot less clunky.

I'm curious about SAM changes, will changing Tsubame Gaeshi to instant be enough to get them a big dmg boost, seems a bit meh, it's like an additional GCD every 90secs or whatever. NIN change should boost overall DPS a fair bit but seems a bit meh too. RDM changes are welcome but without some potency boost, they're still a worse SMN it seems like. No DNC buff either so not sure they'll be worth taking over a BRD unless you have an exceptional BLM(or until farm).

Anyway overall still pretty good changes, and as someone who plays MNK and SCH, some great things.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Those MNK changes are surprising, so much QoL. I mean I don't even know how you drop GL stacks now, besides when synced down. Even synced down in HW it's easy to sustain, you just form shift and you can keep GL3 between trash packs and stuff(which is great with shit tanks, even at max lvl). You get an additional 30 SECONDS true north if you can proc it by taking dmg, on a 1minute cd, Mantra can finally hit motherfuckers standing a bit further than arm's length and Riddle of Fire finally won't feel like shit to use. Then random "this should have been added in HW" meditation change where you fill chakras to full when ooc, instead of having to press it 5 fucking times, then form shift 3 times.
Monks changes are pretty damn awesome now. Been thinking about leveling one especially alot of melee seems to be on the dragoon band wagon. Was really surprised with the lack of tank changes though. Looks like the savage tank meta will be Pld/Gnb.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad that they added Hagakure in the way that they did, instead of making it a core part of SAM gameplay again.

It's good for sen realignment now, without taking the focus away from Midare (ala 4.0 SAM)

• 1GreNeg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm glad that they added Hagakure in the way that they did, instead of making it a core part of SAM gameplay again.

It's good for sen realignment now, without taking the focus away from Midare (ala 4.0 SAM)
Yeah it's nice, I thought that's what they should have done when I saw ppl complain about missing Hagakure, just keep a way to dump unneeded sens during breaks and what not, but not make it a core part of the rotation. I was thinking more of making Shoha do it though since Shoha was very unimpressive, but I guess it works this way too.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
TBN is fine until you compare it with like, Heart of Stone which is a flat 15% damage reduction, that costs absolutely NOTHING, and has a 15 second CD. Or Raw Intuition which is a 20% flat damage reduction that also costs absolutely NOTHING, and only has like a 20 second CD.

TBH works just fine right now, it's just lagging behind in comparison with the other tanks short defensive CDs.

And don't get me started on how shit Living Dead is. :p

TBN doesn't cost any resources either... there's never a reason to go below 3000 MP on DRK so you always have enough to use TBN.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They gave us energy drain back.
Oh snap, missed that. I went to the changes area, never looked at the added skills area. I wonder if that really increases our dps. I spend my aetherflow stacks regularly on the ogcd heals so I can keep doing deeps. Will be interesting to see how it ends up.