Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hit Titan at level 34 last night. Entered the instance, held my own, got punted off a ledge, died.

Now, in WoW, my mom would have been insulted 56 different ways and I would have found out my dad was gay. But here, they laughed, explained what I did wrong and said we commend you for not googling it. Complete random people. The community here in this game so far is absolutely 100000% better than other games. Now, I am sure it has it's fair share of idiots but I am sure my old formula of idiots to good people ratio is 305 of total gaming population and because WoW has higher numbers you see them more in that game.

I also joined an FC, and the people there are just pure awesome. So helpful - and all I did was get an invite in a tell, joined up - some guy even showed up to give me 300kgil to purchase my own apartment in the FC house. Albeit, when I tried, I can't until I am level 50 and a few other restrictions I am assuming is tied to FC rank - so I gave the money back. But still, awesome guy.

Really impressed. Only draw back now is that I know I will be purchasing the expansions - however I will be plunking down $39.99 x 2 so I can tie them to both my PC and PS4.

I am getting used to the keyboard on the couch. I bought a K400 Logitech and it has it's own touch pad - works fantastic in the game. Makes a huge difference when being able to navigate changing the UI.

I was told to level my THM to 80 before starting on my BLM. Is that good advice?

I also need to start getting into the systems more now that I know I will be playing a lot. There is SO much to learn. I finally melded a +4 crit hit on my staff and started playing around with dyes. I need to start some crafting at some point - possibly gold smith. That's an entire game by itself the crafting is deep and awesome it seems.

Absolutely impressed by the sheer amount of things to do in this game but for now, I am strictly adhereing to the MSQ's.
No, THM has a quest to become.a BLM at 30. It's just the natural progression of the job. You become a BLM and lose the THM job after you do it (sort of, you equip the black mage soul)

Needless

Toe Sucker
"I was told to level my THM to 80 before starting on my BLM. Is that good advice? "

Why on earth would that be recommended? THM to 30 then BLM unlocks and you swap over to that

khorum

Murder Apologist
Man so many full clears already
Not sure if this means the titan savage is too easy or people are just gettin too good. I’m still struggling thru e2s in pf

I wasn't there but I remember YoshiP complaining that raiders burned through o12s faster than he wanted.... I can't imagine o4s taking too long.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played the game on and off since ARR beta, and there has been only one instance of an encounter with a really toxic player that I remember.

I had a few, let's say "impatient" player because they thought we weren't moving fast enough but they were not toxic and still had enjoyable experience.

I had a few case of people saying to new player that they should have watched a guide, but then proceeded to explain each fight anyways.

This community has been the nicest ever. I'm not sure why, but it is, and it's not like it's a little nicer than most other MMO, it's miles above most other MMO.

At the end of the day, it's a little thing that removes some stress knowing you can screw up and you're not going to be yelled at, it makes the game more enjoyable.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah dunno why in the hell he told you that. Also I wouldn't suggest buying a FC apartment unless you plan on staying with them. If you leave or get booted from the FC you lose your FC apartment and the gil is nonrefundable. Either buy an apartment at one of the residential districts or save enough money to buy a plot and build an estate on it. That's if you can find an empty plot and that's dependant on what server your on too.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
"I was told to level my THM to 80 before starting on my BLM. Is that good advice? "

Why on earth would that be recommended? THM to 30 then BLM unlocks and you swap over to that
It makes me laugh because if one of those party members said it, maybe they weren't as nice as he thought

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ok thanks alI better go do my level 30 class quest then.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You'd probably get people telling you to do the BLM shit as soon as you enter a 30+ dungeon as THM though.

Anyway generally speaking, the community is pretty nice. Being an online game, it's not always the case obviously, but I'd say overall it's still a lot better than many other games. Partly because there's a lot of casuals and because a lot of people have come to expect new players and casual so there's not too much pressure on the easy content, especially if you say you're new.

And yeah don't buy a FC room, put the money towards an appartment, it's the same size but doesn't get demolished the moment you get kicked or leave the FC. Costs a bit more but not a problem once you reach 50+. Not that housing is super useful, and it's expensive if you want to decorate properly, so you can kinda ignore it. Also as mentionned you do need to be 50 and have a high enough GC rank.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I may have also completely misread what he said too. He probably meant other Jobs aside from THM/BLM and get the main class to 80 first.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't be afraid to ask in my premium discord if you're ever confused too. Not just for raiding

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What do I need to turn them into gathering classes? I was able to turn one into a SMN, and has been doing exploration for a while, but is only 40 currently. Other I never bothered with. I am getting a shit ton of ventures now, though, so no point in waiting anymore.

You have to have gathering classes leveled, retainer can't level higher in a class than you are in that class

Sargas

Trakanon Raider
So who's running the official FoH FC/CWLS, if any? Also which datacenter are people on for the most part? I figured there'd likely be something going on around here.

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There are certain things you just need to die to in this game, it’s almost a rite of passage. Titan landslide is one of those. Too bad old savage content has no place in the game because dying in the first 3 seconds of Alex 3 savage is another one

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
It's funny, because you know the translation team memes a lot about these things these days.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am running A CWLS but not the official one. It's primal and called Waifu Pillow. There was one on aether??

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wedged someone's panties so far up their ass in FC chat today by calling Ninja washed up and that's why he went to Microsoft's old folks home. Definitely still some fortnite kiddies in this game.